HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

3 Civic Plaza in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 22, 2012, 8:06 PM

does it though? target says winter 2013 opening for some of its stores in BC but they actually mean December 2013

Old Posted Oct 22, 2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
Winter 2013 would indicate this Jan-Feb.
Correct. Early 2013 is the estimated timeline for commencing pre-sales.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2012, 8:51 PM

I too was confused on the height issue so I did some digging.

If you look at the city and plans for the building, it is stated officially (not what the title of this thread states) as 45 storeys / 157.5 meters.

When I pull up the stats for all the buildings in metro-Vancouver, currently built this tower would be the second or third tallest depending on how you measure Hotel Georgia. It states officially as 157 meters so 3 Civic Plaza _should_ be second behind Shangri-la.

BUT, if you take into account proposed or under construction towers, you have:

Vancouver's Turn @ 188 meters
Telus Garden @ 176 meters
Burrard Gateway I @ 163 meters

If/when those are built, then 3 Civic Plaza would drop down to 5th from 2nd. So the list would be:

1) Shangri-la @ 201 meters
2) Turn @ 188 meters
3) Telus Garden @ 176 meters
4) Burrard Gateway I @ 163 meters
5) 3 Civic Plaza @ 157.5 meters
6) The Private Residences at Hotel Georgia @ 157 meters

Seeing as the first 2 on the list will be built BEFORE 3 Civic's completion, when it is completed it will either be 4th or 5th depending on Burrard Gateway.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2012, 9:02 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Might want to recheck your Telus Garden height.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2012, 11:26 PM

I thought Telus Garden was around the 135m mark.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 6:19 AM

Then the advertisers were going by the same list I had from the city of Vancouver that has it at 176m.... you're right though the proposal is actually 135m.

Hmm.... then by that, and the fact the Burrard one (correct me if I'm wrong) is still on the drawing board, 3 Civic should be completed first and would be 3rd then?

1) Shangri-La
2) Turn
3) 3 Civic

Until and if Burrard is built and 163m. At worst it would be 4th then. Still no slouch in Metro Vancouver and given the fact Surrey Central is about 280 feet above sea level, top floor is going to get a pretty good view (almost 800 feet above sea level) of the area.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 8:08 AM

The height will be nice and imposing, yeah, but I'm more concerned with floorplans, layout, and price.

I have to admit, after my recent experience at Station Square and having vivid memories of the first Infinity tower selling out in hours, I'm feeling less and less able to buy a suite in 3 Civic Plaza.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHolmes View Post
The height will be nice and imposing, yeah, but I'm more concerned with floorplans, layout, and price.

I have to admit, after my recent experience at Station Square and having vivid memories of the first Infinity tower selling out in hours, I'm feeling less and less able to buy a suite in 3 Civic Plaza.
They seem to price placed based on height. Hopefully they don't price like Ultra was priced (way above market value imo) but we'll see.

I'd put some money down to buy a place in 3 Civic but we want to start a family soon and I'm in the market for a townhouse so that's taking priority unfortunately at this specific time hehe. Townhouses in Central Surrey aren't super cheap but I want to stay in the center and not have to move towards Fleetwood.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
They seem to price placed based on height. Hopefully they don't price like Ultra was priced (way above market value imo) but we'll see.

I'd put some money down to buy a place in 3 Civic but we want to start a family soon and I'm in the market for a townhouse so that's taking priority unfortunately at this specific time hehe. Townhouses in Central Surrey aren't super cheap but I want to stay in the center and not have to move towards Fleetwood.
Yeah, that Ultra bit is another concern of mine. Given that this is a "landmark building" and has all the amenities of the hotel below plus the Sky Terrace above... I just hope that the prices are somewhat close to reality and not essentially marked "foreign investor only".

And if they are.. well, my brother has more organs that I don't need

Old Posted Nov 10, 2012, 11:55 PM

Here's an email I received for a preview event they are having.

We are very excited to be involved in the next great metropolitan centre development. Civic Plaza will be a vibrant, pedestrian and transit oriented community. To learn more please visit http://surreycitydevelopment.com/pro...ii-civic-tower.

We are hosting a preview event on November 22nd for any registrants that work in the Surrey City Centre area. Seating is limited so please RSVP to this email or call me at 604.763.5156.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2012, 12:19 AM
BANNED

Holy crap, this thing will make Central City tower look like a low-rise!

Old Posted Nov 11, 2012, 1:44 AM

I got that call, too. I'm annoyed that it's only for those who work in the City Centre and not those of us who live in here.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2012, 6:10 AM
Shoebox Dweller

Here's a shot I took of the development and the surrounding construction near the library today. Pretty massive scale for this area. It creates a very nice counterbalance to Central City in that most of the existing condos are quite spread out and a good distance from Surrey Central, whereas this is the second that is really centred on the station. It does certainly give a nice feeling of densification, and I really think it will create a nice "downtown"-type feel.

The tower will be in the foreground- where nothing has been built up yet. The rear buildings will be the new city hall, I believe.

Last edited by Spork; Nov 11, 2012 at 6:14 AM. Reason: Added more details

Old Posted Nov 11, 2012, 2:17 PM
be nice to the crackheads

Thanks for the pic, Spork.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 3:20 AM

Great shot! Thanks!

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 5:47 AM

This area will take a few years to settle down. can not wait to see everything completed.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh8 View Post
This area will take a few years to settle down. can not wait to see everything completed.
In the Summer, I took my brother and nephew on a walking tour of Central City. The Boy had a blast looking at all the giant cranes and wondering, "What are they building there? What are they building over there? What's that one over there??

It's odd to think of a Cental City skyline that won't be dominated by tower cranes in a few years.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 9:03 PM

Went to the Nov 22 showing. Didn't say/show much. Kept saying how the tower will be a landmark, be the focal point of the city, be the most desired building in the Vancouver area. Compared it to the living shangri la.

Also there will only be one lobby shared by the condo and the hotel along with a coffee shop and restaurant.

So I am guessing it is going to be insanely overpriced.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2012, 3:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
Went to the Nov 22 showing. Didn't say/show much. Kept saying how the tower will be a landmark, be the focal point of the city, be the most desired building in the Vancouver area. Compared it to the living shangri la.

Also there will only be one lobby shared by the condo and the hotel along with a coffee shop and restaurant.

So I am guessing it is going to be insanely overpriced.
Thanks for sharing your experience at the showing. I opted to avoid going to the preliminary opening when they emailed me asking for my personal cell number. The tower is nice but it is not a landmark nor would it be the focal point tower in the Vancouver area. The extent to which they are hyping up the tower with cliche phrases does indicate they are trying to justify their soon-to-be-released prices.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2012, 4:38 AM

Yeah, all that hype just says to me that the prices will be earmarked "foreign investor only".

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley