HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Aug 7, 2011, 11:44 AM

Forest Lakes Country Club

Quote:
Nova Scotia to get Jack Nicklaus golf resort

No residents appealed the development

CBC News Posted: Aug 6, 2011 4:42 PM AT
Last Updated: Aug 6, 2011 4:42 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...lf-course.html

Nova Scotia is officially getting a Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course and resort.

People living in the area had two weeks to appeal the agreement made between West Hants council and Terra Firma Development Corporation Ltd.

While questions — many about the local water supply — were raised at a public meeting in July, there have been no appeals and construction can begin.
I wonder how large the residential component will be? It says there will be villas, townhouses, condominiums and amenities. It also says it is expected to take anywhere from 15 to 20 years to complete.

They are going to need a new interchange built on Highway 101 between exit 3 (Upper Sackville/Mount Uniacke) and 4 (Ellershouse).

This video which is quite impressive shows some renderings:
http://www.landcorpinternational.com...on/View-Movie/

Old Posted Aug 7, 2011, 4:55 PM

It's sort of funny the confidence that this developer has in our province......maybe that's why he chose to build it in Hantz county not HRM.
I hope this development is everything the video describes

Old Posted Aug 7, 2011, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNovaScotian View Post
It's sort of funny the confidence that this developer has in our province......maybe that's why he chose to build it in Hantz county not HRM.
I hope this development is everything the video describes
"No residents appealed the development"

You don't hear those words very often in HRM.

Maybe we should see if East Hants Municipality will build a stadium out in Enfield/Elmsdale off Highway 102 near the airport.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2011, 6:40 PM

They picked a great location for this development. I have family out in Ardoise and the countryside is gorgeous. The community itself doesn't have many lakes so I'm interested in seeing where this will get built.

I did a quick measure and there's approximately 21km between Mount Uniacke and St. Croix so I imagine a new interchange will get onto the provincial road plan in a few years. The area is developing slower than the South Shore but the area between Windsor and Sackville is changing from cottage country into year-round housing which will increase demand for better connections to the "centres". I'd expect the new connector to go on the east-side of Lily Lake in Lakelands.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
Maybe we should see if East Hants Municipality will build a stadium out in Enfield/Elmsdale off Highway 102 near the airport.
Right next to Scotia Speed World.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 3:06 AM

I had assumed this project was pretty much dead, no news for a very long time. Found this on the website of the agent for Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, after translating it from German:

Quote:
Used year-round in the Forest Lakes Country Club will set new standards in environmentally responsible construction and resort development: here are luxury hotels, villas and townhouses arise, and also lodges right on the water. Find out in the " investment "of why this may be worthwhile for you.

News: Our next information session will be held in Frankfurt:

11th April 2013 at 19:00 clock in the "homeland"
Berliner Strasse 70, 60311 Frankfurt

We are happy to take this to 08 April your registration counter.

http://www.engelvoelkers.com/forestlakes/
So it looks like there is still work going on behind the scenes to make this a reality. Having lived in Germany, I can say that this project is exactly what Germans expect from Canada, they associate nature with Canada and they love the thought of it. It would be nice to see such a world class resort close to Halifax after the $120M spent on the failure that should have been the Aspotogan Sea Spa.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haligonian88 View Post
I had assumed this project was pretty much dead, no news for a very long time. Found this on the website of the agent for Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, after translating it from German:

So it looks like there is still work going on behind the scenes to make this a reality. Having lived in Germany, I can say that this project is exactly what Germans expect from Canada, they associate nature with Canada and they love the thought of it. It would be nice to see such a world class resort close to Halifax after the $120M spent on the failure that should have been the Aspotogan Sea Spa.
I can confirm construction is taking place at this site.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs