HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 9:04 PM

Good to see Little back in the Jets lineup team played with great speed last night. If Jets can play close to .500 on the road and dominate like they do at home winning 70% of the time we should be a playoff team. Just hope Buff isn't gaining weight while out injured!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 9:10 PM
Change is good

Ya, my posting style is a lot like me in life. I don't sugar coat anything. I call it like I see it. It might come out abrupt, it might blatant

But its not trolling.

I'm even this harsh on my favorite team who is sucking major ball sack right now. Another lottery pick from this team, especially with RHN, Eberle and Whitney out.

As for the Jets? They are doing better than I thought they would. Good on them.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 10:24 PM
Go Chiefs!

Welcome back home Halak...

If I hear idiots booing him Tuesday, I'll personally go and punch them in the face.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
Ya, my posting style is a lot like me in life. I don't sugar coat anything. I call it like I see it. It might come out abrupt, it might blatant

But its not trolling.

I'm even this harsh on my favorite team who is sucking major ball sack right now. Another lottery pick from this team, especially with RHN, Eberle and Whitney out.

As for the Jets? They are doing better than I thought they would. Good on them.
Even if its completely wrong (Jets never coming back eh)

But I very much agree with feepa here. Calling him a troll is stupid, he contributes a lot to this thread, to NHL threads, and he's just discussing. Its just feepa. He's a good poster. I've never seen him do things that are troll worthy such as flame baiting, bash minorities or posting certain types of pictures, sure he might disagree and argue but don't we all?

His POV on the Nucks might not be 100% accurate, in the eyes of Nucks fans, but he's not trolling; i.e. instigating then leaving discussion.

Come on guys...back to hockey...

Jets with 20 wins. Suh-weet. I think they're doing better than everyone (including many Jets fans) thought they would

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
How soft and fragile are the canucks when they downplay the importance by not starting luongo.
Schneider is from the Boston area, and quite frankly, it was a relief to see Schneider play pretty well in a high pressure game like that. Everybody knows Luongo is psychologically fragile, so its important to have a good, mentally tough option besides Luongo going into the play-offs. Of course the organization is not going to tell everybody they`re worried about Luongo in the play-offs, that would be dumb.

Quote:
Unfortunatly we won't get to see those two teams play again this year cause vancouver won't kake it past the first round.
Way to be objective. Sure there`s always a chance that Vancouver or Boston could get upset in the 1st round, but the odds are strongly against it.

Getting a high draft pick year after year starts to get embarrassing for the Oilers organization. 6 straight years missing the play-offs. Tambellini needs to be replaced with someone who can do more than just sit there and collect high draft picks. I can do that.

Quote:
Ya, my posting style is a lot like me in life. I don't sugar coat anything.
I hope for your sake that`s not true.

Quote:
I've never seen him do things that are troll worthy such as flame baiting, bash minorities...
Canuck fans are definitely a minority.

Last edited by logan5; Jan 9, 2012 at 1:20 AM.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 1:11 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post

But its not trolling.
If you can't figure out why people think you're a troll, well then, you're delusional.

Let me help you out here, feepa. You're a troll not because you pick out the negatives of individual players on the Canucks, you're a troll because of the way you bash the fans. The shit you spew about us IS trolling, especially when the fans on SSP are knowledgeable and pretty chilled out.

Your shit is way past tired and really lame.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 1:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
I agree. Perhaps Feepa is a little abrupt and blatant, but everyone has their own personality. If one was to tell me about the problems of my Jets, I may disagree but that does not entitle me to call him/her a troll.
So can i call the fans of other hockey teams douches like feepa? I think it was more those comments that have annoyed the Canuck fans

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 1:36 AM
So very tired...

feepa, how many goddam times to I have to explain this to you? I don't care if you trash the team, and I've not the slightest bit of interest in arguing with you about it. I think the standings put an end to any debate there anyway.

My issue, as always, is your repeated posts about how stupid the fans are. I don't give a shit if some Canucks fans act stupid over at some superfan hockey forum you hang out at. Leave that shit over there...it has nothing to do with this site or this thread. There are quite a few Canucks fans here...and we are all very reasonable people. When you continuously call us stupid, then yes, that is trolling.

Get it?

And seriously mods, why do you let him repeatedly spew that shit? I can say "Oilers fans are the douchiest in league" with impunity then? Is that right? Then why can feepa?

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulliver View Post
And seriously mods, why do you let him repeatedly spew that shit? I can say "Oilers fans are the douchiest in league" with impunity then? Is that right? Then why can feepa?
Are you saying he shouldn't be allowed to speak the truth ?!?

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 5:10 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
So can i call the fans of other hockey teams douches like feepa? I think it was more those comments that have annoyed the Canuck fans
Flames fans got continually slammed here for no reason at all, and the only reason the poster got banned was that he was doing a lot worse things. Leaf fans get bashed throughout the entirety of the Internet. Habs fans also get a lot of punishment. They may whine about it, but they don't get together as an organized contingent and play the victim card because ONE of them gets banned (for unrelated reasons).

I swear, there's some fairly thin skin going on here. feepa is a pompous ass with little tact (takes one to know one) and I disagree with him on a great many things, but a troll he is not.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 5:47 AM
Go Chiefs!

Erik Cole has more goals and about the same number of pts as Brad Richards.

I didn't know we signed the big fish of the summer.

What I find funny is that he's having a career year playing with Desharnais as his center (and with Pacioretty). This small guy was never drafted because of his size. He played with Chicoutimi in the Q (Carbonneau is the owner of the team) and Carbo told the management when he was head coach to sign him. It's finally paying off, thanks Carbo.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...jHelj2cCGl.jpg

Last edited by Nicko999; Jan 9, 2012 at 5:59 AM.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 6:36 AM
Change is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulliver View Post
feepa, how many goddam times to I have to explain this to you? I don't care if you trash the team, and I've not the slightest bit of interest in arguing with you about it. I think the standings put an end to any debate there anyway.

My issue, as always, is your repeated posts about how stupid the fans are. I don't give a shit if some Canucks fans act stupid over at some superfan hockey forum you hang out at. Leave that shit over there...it has nothing to do with this site or this thread. There are quite a few Canucks fans here...and we are all very reasonable people. When you continuously call us stupid, then yes, that is trolling.

Get it?

really? You can't take a little light-hearted jabbing at your precious team? I've mentioned the fans in one or two posts, and since then, you've repeated it about 5-10 times. Grow up. Since your such a cry baby and in the spirit of moving this thread forward, I'll refrain from mentioning your canucks, and the effects it has on the Vancouver region again.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 6:41 AM
Change is good

How about those Oilers? 2 more pts better than last year. Tambo will likely now keep his job for years.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 11:35 AM
Closed account

Ouch, Stall and Neal could be out for "weeks", I heard. Bad for Pittsburgh.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 1:02 PM
arf

The reason I love hockey: Chicago and Detoit third period and overtime.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 2:31 PM
DRINK

I cant believe Canuck fans can't grasp that far far far less of their fan base grew up playing hockey or grew up not even at all exposed to hockey...They aren't nearly as intelligent on average as average Edmonton or Flamer fan and it becomes all to easy for this large number of uneducated bandwagon jumpers to taint those who have a grasp on things. Accept it.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 8:19 PM
DRINK

Awesome Shaughnessy Article

Quote:
Playing the Vancouver Canucks is like playing a collection of A-Rods or a full squad of Bill Laimbeers. The defending NHL Western Conference champions are a virtual conga line of Claude Lemieuxes and Ulf Samuelssons.

They are posers and floppers, arrogant and cowardly. It’s hard to believe Cam Neely ever wore their sweater. Beating them up is just so much fun, and flipping one of them butt-over-tea kettle sweetens the day. But you can’t put them on the power play 11 times or they will make you pay.

cont

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...ining_matinee/

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 9:19 PM

Quote:
I cant believe Canuck fans can't grasp that far far far less of their fan base grew up playing hockey or grew up not even at all exposed to hockey...They aren't nearly as intelligent on average as average Edmonton or Flamer fan and it becomes all to easy for this large number of uneducated bandwagon jumpers to taint those who have a grasp on things. Accept it.
In that case Oilers and Flames fans should shut the bleep up and all hockey talk should remain between Habs and Leaf fans.
You're not the brightest one in here are you?

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 9:19 PM

One thing I agree with, is Alain V's comment on coach Juilen's protection with Marchand....that hit on Sammy Salo was stupid stupid stupid.

I love the Bruins, and their rough style of play (many people dont) but that was one stupid f'n hit.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384561

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
One thing I agree with, is Alain V's comment on coach Juilen's protection with Marchand....that hit on Sammy Salo was stupid stupid stupid.

I love the Bruins, and their rough style of play (many people dont) but that was one stupid f'n hit.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384561
I wouldn't say many people don't, in fact the only noise I hear comes from two Canadian teams (who somehow happen to be the most spineless in the league, not exactly the "Canadian" way), closest to each of the coasts, and their loud and numerous media outlets (BC's only team, and Quebec's only team so go figure) who happen to go on about things... forever.

I remember when the Flames used to play physical and be hard to play against. Oh, those were the days. Now we're almost as tinkerbell-like as the Canucks and Habs.

Maybe the Canadian teams are becoming more like the average Canadian...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada