HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnphx View Post
They'll probably do what that did at the Freeport-McMoran building with the Westin lobby.
I actually haven't been in that lobby. How is it there? Do they have separate elevators? Share the same lobby?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 7:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
I actually haven't been in that lobby. How is it there? Do they have separate elevators? Share the same lobby?
I was going to ask the same question.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 10:34 PM

They fillled the pool with water today.
sorry for bad pic.

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 3:24 PM
BANNED

When they built the addition to Freeport McMoran building, they also added seperate entrances to the hotel from the main lobby. Not quite sure about the elevator banks.

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 5:51 PM

The Westin has a separate elevator bank. Once you enter the hotel lobby, there is a hallway the wraps around the rear of the building and back to the central core to a private elevator bank. If you haven't been, you should check it out. The conference space floor of the hotel is impressive (considering it was added after the building was completed). They actually cut out some of the floor above it to provide a two story open area outside of the conference rooms.

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 10:09 PM
BANNED

Speaking of Freeport Mac, I'm sad they don't use the halo anymore.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 9:11 PM

Looks like a new tenant is coming to Cityscape...

Permit# BLD-T559871 Issue Date Expires 5/2/14
Permit Description JOS.A.BANK T.I.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 9:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post

That's a good fit. JOS A BANK is like Men's Warehouse. They have three locations in the Valley. Considering all the "suits" downtown, they should do well.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 9:36 PM
Skyriser

Would've never thought a company like that would end up in CityScape ... all their locations are in BFE, forming a huge arc around the metro. This is a sign the "donut hole" of retail around Central Phoenix is starting to go away.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 9:37 PM

Yea I like their stuff, though you'd be crazy to buy it without one of their specials they are always running (buy 1 get 2 free). It's good quality stuff though.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post

Whoa! My paycheck might as well just get deposited there.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 10:01 PM
Skyriser

By the way, there is a prize for whoever posts either the first shot of the tower crane getting raised and/or a substantive building permit for the apartments. I have no idea what it is yet, but it's there.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 10:57 PM

is it going where the ice rink skate rental was? where the other clothing place was.

Old Posted May 2, 2012, 11:53 PM

According to downtownphoenix.com Ra-Apparel is supposed to be going in the old Designer District spot.

http://www.downtownphoenix.com/blog/...?utm_campaign=

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
is it going where the ice rink skate rental was? where the other clothing place was.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 1:17 AM

Makes sense in the Designer District spot...plus, what's left?

Oh, I also heard from a contact at Breakfast Club that the sliver of a place between BC and Tilted Kilt will be a barber shop. It is a good space for that and a need next to the hotel and tower.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 2:00 AM

Stupid two level retail.

Imagine if all these places were on the ground floor spread between all three blocks, the whole area would feel much more expansive and walkable. Honestly I forgot all about the Breakfast Club even being there. Only stuff I can see from the street is what seems to stick to my memory.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 3:10 AM

Speaking of that HX, last week on two separate occasions I ran into groups of 4 people walking around downtown looking for a place for breakfast and I told them about Breakfast Club and then had to give detailed instructions of how to find it on the second level. One group was in front of the former First Watch, the other group in front of Baja Fresh. It was at this point that I realized there is zero signage at street level to identify that the Breakfast Club even exists. It's amazing to me that any company would take the risk to come downtown and then not advertise or have signage. The best part is that if they fail, then they will blame it on a faltering downtown, not their own lack of signage.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 4:16 AM

I agree about signage. There should be a separate sign listing all second level stores.......but come on, How hard was it for you to give directions?...."Cross the street and go up the escalator".....From First Watch, you couldn't point to the stairs. They are in plain sight.

I talked to BC and they are making money. They have been building business each week. They are fine. With the hotel opening soon , they are good. With apartments, even better. Breathe everyone!!!

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 4:31 AM

I didn't say it was hard for me to give them directions, as a matter of fact I volunteered the directions as I often do to try to get people from outside the area to know more about what is downtown. That doesn't mean it was easy for someone from out of the area to understand the directions. Thank you for advising me how to give directions in the 6 block area that I've lived for the past 7 and 1/2 years. I also didn't say that BC was struggling. I go there 2-3 times a week. Sometimes busy, sometimes not. I agree, I think they are banking a lot on the hotel.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 5:34 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
I agree about signage. There should be a separate sign listing all second level stores.......but come on, How hard was it for you to give directions?...."Cross the street and go up the escalator".....From First Watch, you couldn't point to the stairs. They are in plain sight.

I talked to BC and they are making money. They have been building business each week. They are fine. With the hotel opening soon , they are good. With apartments, even better. Breathe everyone!!!
You and I interpreted phxflyer's comments differently. I read it as criticism of the lack of signage, and I agree.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest