HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States

Old Posted Aug 17, 2008, 6:38 AM

Piss on the Russians. I agree as well...why spend billions connecting us with Russia--a very remote part of Russia at that. I say we build missle silo's there instead that way when the Russians decide to pick on somebody their own size, we'll be ready and more capable of bringing down the Cremlin.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru18 View Post
Piss on the Russians. I agree as well...why spend billions connecting us with Russia--a very remote part of Russia at that. I say we build missle silo's there instead that way when the Russians decide to pick on somebody their own size, we'll be ready and more capable of bringing down the Cremlin.
Yeah!!!!! What weatherguru says!!!!!! O'Doyle Rules!

Old Posted Aug 21, 2008, 9:19 AM
Always out of place...

I highly doubt at this point that the building of a tunnel between North America and Russia is likely, given the Georgia crisis and the developments concerning the building of a missile defense base in Poland. Even if those developments weren't occurring, what's the point? I say we use our share of the money in working on our existing transportation infrastructure.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2008, 3:50 AM
Beer Stampede

That little fiasco last week pretty much did it for me as far as wanting anything to do with Russia!! I don't trust Putin any further than I could throw him!!

Old Posted Aug 23, 2008, 4:07 AM

Dude, how long did it take you to come to that conclusion as far as how trustworthy Vladimir is, especially after his human rights record has been tainted?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2008, 7:21 PM
Beer Stampede

Trust me!! I felt that way for a long time about Putin!! I didn't draw these conclusions yesterday!! However despite my feelings about a tunnel being built, I always felt that we (the U.S. and Russia) could have a semi-cordial relationship despite the differences we have for one another. My mistake was believing we could work with Putin with the hopes that eventually he'll go away. Now that he's prime minister, it's not likely. But with the events that have taken place over the last couple of weeks, I now conclude that we can't work with Putin at all. That's the difference!! And that's just my opinion!!

Old Posted Aug 23, 2008, 10:28 PM

Whats truly childish is that him, along with Medvedev are using their crude reserves as leverage to convince United States to stay out of their way.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2008, 2:29 AM
Beer Stampede

It's basically "damned if you do, damned it you dont!!"

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States