HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
Interesting... that's a beautiful spot (I've been in that way before) and would be almost "resort-like" in it's positioning on the river. A fairly large development for so far up Riverside drive... a street that is kinda spotty in it's quality.
With the new interchange on route 15 and street upgrades, I'm sure we'll see more development like this in this area. It won't stay a rural back road for long.

Last edited by NBNYer; Sep 14, 2015 at 8:36 PM.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
With the new interchange on route 15 and street upgrades, I'm sure we'll see more development like this in this area. It won't stay a rural back road for long.
There where lots of request that where to be put in for construction in Shediac, and I'm actually wondering if your right. That other developers are just waiting for this interchange, and upgrade of Route 11/15 before they put it in.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2015, 2:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

So I see that the old train station in Shediac will reopen this Sunday as a performing arts space and as a small museum. Sounds like a worthy restoration. What do the Shediac forumers think of this??

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 2:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

What do Shediac forumers think of the proposal to refurbish the Pointe-de-Chene Wharf, and to rebuild the adjacent Pan Am Wharf (where the flying boats used to land in the 1930's)? I guess the reconstruction of the Pan Am Wharf would put it in deep enough water to allow for small cruise ships to visit.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 2:36 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

How big was the Pan Am Wharf? Comparable in size to the existing one?

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 3:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
How big was the Pan Am Wharf? Comparable in size to the existing one?
Not sure - certainly longer, it extended into deep water and was capable of handling several Pan Am clippers at a time. It's mostly a ruin now, and it would be a complete rebuild but I could see it being a great tourist attraction because of the history surrounding the wharf. The potential for small cruise ships would be interesting too. Shediac could be included into a Northumberland Strait loop with other ports like Charlottetown and Summerside.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 3:26 PM

The town quietly annexed Shediac Island last year. I would imagine the move ties in with long-term plans for the Pan Am Wharf. How? I have no clue, just my imagination playing games I guess but I'm sure they didn't take over the island to put up another frozen yogurt stand.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 4:28 PM

I think that it would be a great project, especially if they could land some cruise ships.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
The town quietly annexed Shediac Island last year. I would imagine the move ties in with long-term plans for the Pan Am Wharf. How? I have no clue, just my imagination playing games I guess but I'm sure they didn't take over the island to put up another frozen yogurt stand.
Shediac Island it actually marked out as a road with residential lots on GeoNB so it might be used for something useful. There was also a "right of way" on the edge of 2 lots in Shediac Cape, and the Island itself could be expanded. So could always be a new warf with commercial space, and possibly a hotel.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 2:08 PM

I believe the proposal to rebuild the Pan Am Wharf out is not for water depth, but rather to keep it separate from the current wharf activities (fishing & swimming).

Me, I think it's a fantastic idea. Money well worth spending! The Pointe du Chene (PdC) wharf is packed all summer long and always full of activities. I spend a long of time in Shediac/PdC biking around during the weekends.

Here's a link to the PdC 200th Anniversary site. There are 5 pages of photos which shows a little bit of the Pam Am wharf.

http://www.pdc200.ca/Photo%20galleri...ry-wharf1.html

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 3:34 PM

Can someone point out on Google Maps where Pam Am wharf used to be? I can't make it out on Maps. Was it connected to PdC wharf?

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 4:07 PM

If you zoom in you should see it. It's the leg that sticks out to the west of the developed part of the wharf. It's quite a shambles, but it is there.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2015, 1:07 PM

Campground near Shediac?

This past summer we where talking about the potential projects for Shediac, and surrounding areas, and one of those projects was a Campground I actually found out the the project Might have been approved but the 22 acres property is now for sale with the plans for a 108 Site campground from the looks of it. If you want to find the photo's, and plan you can find it here: http://www.realtor.ca/Commercial/Vac...unswick-E4P3M5

I do hope that some of these projects that people where hopping for do come to fruition, and that Shediac, and surrounding areas will be prosperous in these ventures.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2015, 11:21 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

With the federal election now in hindsight, and with Justin Trudeau planning on tens of billions of dollars of infrastructure spending, I'm willing to bet that the proposal to rebuild the Pan-Am Wharf at Pointe-de-Chene will get an extremely favourable hearing in Ottawa, especially given Dominic LeBlanc's status as the political godfather of both Prime Minister Designate Trudeau and Premier Brian Gallant.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2015, 4:28 PM

There is land for sale but does the Rendering not look like a Superstore, and Superstore gas bar as well? http://www.collierscanada.com/11737#.VjzCVtKrTGg

Old Posted Nov 6, 2015, 4:46 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
There is land for sale but does the Rendering not look like a Superstore, and Superstore gas bar as well? http://www.collierscanada.com/11737#.VjzCVtKrTGg
Indeed. I wonder if this is actually in the works???

Old Posted Nov 6, 2015, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
It says ''proposed concept drawing''. Seems like they are just trying to sell the land for commercial use.

The close up slide shows a lot written ''development pending'' on the lower right and another slide that shows ''Kent building supplies'' in the same spot.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2015, 7:25 PM

Mom's Chicken and Pop's Pizza is closed. Not a huge surprise as they didn't do a good job of getting their name out there. I wonder who will be next to attempt a business in this spot. The building is only 2 years old and they have already had 2 tenants.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2015, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
It says ''proposed concept drawing''. Seems like they are just trying to sell the land for commercial use.

The close up slide shows a lot written ''development pending'' on the lower right and another slide that shows ''Kent building supplies'' in the same spot.
Yes I know. Normal concept drawings I've seen usually look more generic tho, and I know that it was probably not drawn by the same person/Company but look at the Elmwood Commercial strip Despite The chance the 2 bigger lots being occupied by Superstore, and the Elmwood Home Hardware the concept design is more neutral.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2015, 6:00 PM

There was a meeting for property owners along the north side of highway 15 between the new Scoudouc exit and Shediac to discuss a new road that is going to be put in. They are rezoning the properties to highway commercial and putting a new road between the Scoudouc exit parallel to highway 15 to the new exit into Shediac.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces