HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 3, 2015, 11:03 AM

Iron Mountain?

Does anyone know anything about Iron Mountain opening a new 41,000 sq/ft facility here in Moncton? Job Creation?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2015, 3:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
Does anyone know anything about Iron Mountain opening a new 41,000 sq/ft facility here in Moncton? Job Creation?
I only vaguely remember reading something about it in the paper about a month ago or so. I can't recall any specifics - sorry.

Iron Mountain already has a location on St George Blvd.
http://www.ironmountain.ca/en/Servic...B/Moncton.aspx

Old Posted Oct 3, 2015, 3:54 PM

Here is the press release from their website, but there is no mention of job creation.
http://www.ironmountain.ca/en/Compan...tember/30.aspx

Also, just across the street from their current address there is an office building under construction. I wonder if it's related to this announcement.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2015, 1:53 AM

It sounds like there counting Moncton, and Dieppe as one City but we are one of 3 in the finals to winning the 2021 Francophone Games.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
It sounds like there counting Moncton, and Dieppe as one City but we are one of 3 in the finals to winning the 2021 Francophone Games.
Yes, the cities have a joint bid.

From what I've heard so far, looks like we are in a good position and have a decent shot.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2015, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Yes, the cities have a joint bid.

From what I've heard so far, looks like we are in a good position and have a decent shot.
Same I don't know who the other cities are but from what I've heard we are the only city who would not have to spend money to build facilities. Not sure if it's true or not but it would show that we are in good standing if it is.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2015, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Same I don't know who the other cities are but from what I've heard we are the only city who would not have to spend money to build facilities. Not sure if it's true or not but it would show that we are in good standing if it is.
Three candidate cities are under consideration.

1. Sherbrooke, Qc
2. Moncton-Dieppe
3. the French overseas territory of Guadeloupe in the Carribean

Link

Old Posted Oct 10, 2015, 9:15 PM
Any where but Fredericton

I was in Moncton for the night and did some shopping. I see that Panago Pizza in Moncton closed when did that close. Wonder if they did bad there or what

Old Posted Oct 15, 2015, 1:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

In the T&T today that Moncton is eyeing new roundabouts at Berry Mills Road & Wheeler Blvd (probably a good idea as the offramps here intersect Berry Mills Road awkwardly) and at Wheeler Blvd & Botsford!!

Thoughts anyone???

Old Posted Oct 15, 2015, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
In the T&T today that Moncton is eyeing new roundabouts at Berry Mills Road & Wheeler Blvd (probably a good idea as the offramps here intersect Berry Mills Road awkwardly) and at Wheeler Blvd & Botsford!!

Thoughts anyone???
A roundabout at Wheeler & Bostford is the most stupidest idea I have ever heard. The person who thought of this should be tested for competence.

The ONLY solution for this intersection is an overpass.

And the roundabout at Berry Mills rd & Wheeler would have to be MASSIVE! 50% of the traffic is big rigs. Regular size roundabouts and tractor trailers don't mix.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2015, 2:59 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
And the roundabout at Berry Mills rd & Wheeler would have to be MASSIVE! 50% of the traffic is big rigs. Regular size roundabouts and tractor trailers don't mix.
Roundabouts at Armdale and Larry Uteck in Halifax seem to do alright. I imagine Berry Mills & Wheeler would be something similar.

Perhaps it'll be designed like the new roundabout in Fredericton?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2015, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Wheeler Blvd & Botsford!!

Thoughts anyone???
Oh please no! I hope they aren't going threw with this.

Wheeler should be an expressway threw the central part of the city.

But based on what was recently done in Fredericton and this provinces history of finding the cheapest possible solution for any traffic issue... I'm not that optimistic about this stretch of road.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2015, 3:56 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Traffic isn't that dysfunctional at either spot to justify completely rebuilding them, is it?

In both situations you have rail lines which complicate matters. Even if the line at Berry Mills could be removed (the feed mill on Halifax would certainly take issue), there's no chance in hell the main line at Botsford is moving. Where would you put a circle big enough then? The new roundabout in Fredericton is 4x larger than a signaled 4-way intersection would have been.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2015, 4:09 PM

Wheeler already starts and ends (Champlain/Dieppe & Main/Riverview) with roundabouts, both of which function well, so I don't see the problem with new roundabouts at either Berry Mills or Botsford. And why would Berry Mills be a good idea but not Botsford? Botsford wouldn't be any worse than it is now: IIRC, the wait is 75 seconds for the green light that lets you go straight through Lewisville; even longer to turn left from Wheeler.

It's not like the city is just going to build these things without due diligence. Beside, they just finished (finally, after 20-25 years?) the sidewalk on the northeast corner of Botsford/Wheeler, and they have money tied up elsewhere, so it won't happen overnight.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2015, 4:16 PM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
A roundabout at Wheeler & Bostford is the most stupidest idea I have ever heard. The person who thought of this should be tested for competence.

The ONLY solution for this intersection is an overpass.

You can come to Fredericton and practice on our round about

Wildcats Rule!!

My issue with a Wheeler/Botsford roundabout is that it would have to be a fairly tight radius multilane roundabout with four very busy entry points. I can see traffic chaos ensuing.

The current signalization is a nuisance, but I think a roundabout here would be far, far worse, especially with heavy truck traffic.

A tight roundabout at Wheeler/Botsford would be an entirely different animal than the large traffic circle at Hall's Creek. They are not comparable at all.

Any new traffic circles scare me. People in this city don't know how to use them. Between not yielding the right of way and crossing solid lines, they do nothing but create accidents. Every yield at the entry to the circle should have a yellow flashing light because I don't know how many times I have had to slam the brakes because someone just flies out into the circle and after causing an accident said "I didn't see the yield." Yah... rant over!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2015, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Any new traffic circles scare me. People in this city don't know how to use them. Between not yielding the right of way and crossing solid lines, they do nothing but create accidents. Every yield at the entry to the circle should have a yellow flashing light because I don't know how many times I have had to slam the brakes because someone just flies out into the circle and after causing an accident said "I didn't see the yield." Yah... rant over!
But the accidents are minor and not as dangerous as at traditional intersections. And let's face it, most drivers don't know how to properly use traditional intersections either.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2015, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnybrae View Post
any new traffic circles scare me. People in this city don't know how to use them. Between not yielding the right of way and crossing solid lines, they do nothing but create accidents. Every yield at the entry to the circle should have a yellow flashing light because i don't know how many times i have had to slam the brakes because someone just flies out into the circle and after causing an accident said "i didn't see the yield." yah... Rant over!
change = scary

Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 11:43 AM

Nav Canada has announced that it will be hiring 100 additional air traffic controllers in Moncton over the next 5 years.

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/a...-moncton.shtml

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces