HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 8, 2016, 3:26 AM

Yeah, it was obvious that they were clumping a big chunk of empty space together for something. We saw similar a few years back when H&M came in.

In other notes, another pet food store is moving in next to the Nashwaak Superstore. Global Pet Food is taking 3/4 of the old store space according to the building permit. Looks like they're a week or two away from opening up.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2016, 12:43 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Yeah, it was obvious that they were clumping a big chunk of empty space together for something. We saw similar a few years back when H&M came in.

In other notes, another pet food store is moving in next to the Nashwaak Superstore. Global Pet Food is taking 3/4 of the old store space according to the building permit. Looks like they're a week or two away from opening up.
Seems to be a lot of pet food places closing up and poping up there in that location. I wonder how Pet-Value is making out. I've been in that store three times and each time I go in there I am the only one in there

Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 3:07 PM

It's a pretty great store if you want expensive, higher end pet food. I don't know how big that market is, though. For cheaper stuff, the grocery stores and places like Walmart/Costco have it locked down.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2016, 2:32 PM

There's now a Pizza Shack in the Irving on Bishop

Old Posted Feb 13, 2016, 9:09 PM
Nashwaaksissy

Red Rover Brewing is moving into the old M&T deli space on Queen. Just announced today.
Fredericton: We're #3! We're #3!

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 12:57 PM

Fredericton Transit union reaches a deal with the city.

Not getting into the politics of it; I'm just glad that a deal was reached and the strike/lockout threats are gone.

Personally, I hope that whatever the deal was, it has the flexibility to launch Sunday Service. I've heard (rumours of course so I have no clue how correct it is) that the last contract's limitations were one of the things preventing Sunday Service somehow. Five years (length of the new one) is a long time to wait if they didn't make sure to have that flexibility in the new one.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 1:18 PM

According to their twitter account, The Blue Door closed two weeks ago: https://twitter.com/NewBlueDoor

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 3:50 PM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridus View Post
According to their twitter account, The Blue Door closed two weeks ago: https://twitter.com/NewBlueDoor
Interesting. No big loss there I have ate there twice before and the food was expensive and very below average. Wonder what caused this ?

Last edited by trev71; Feb 15, 2016 at 4:16 PM.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
Interesting. No big lose there I have ate there twice before and the food was expensive and very below average. Wonder what caused this ?
Im sure its a big loss for the staff.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Interesting. No big lose there I have ate there twice before and the food was expensive and very below average. Wonder what caused this ?
I didn't have as much of a problem with the food as I did with the service. We went there three times within a month a bit over a year ago (as a couple, for a Christmas party, and for a get together with friends) and each time the service was absolutely awful. Little point in going there when you can get excellent food and service at places like 540, Brewbakers, and The Palate.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
I didn't have as much of a problem with the food as I did with the service. We went there three times within a month a bit over a year ago (as a couple, for a Christmas party, and for a get together with friends) and each time the service was absolutely awful. Little point in going there when you can get excellent food and service at places like 540, Brewbakers, and The Palate.
I agree never had a problem with Brewbakers service at all. Interesting to see what happens, new owners or new staff, if so might have to give it a go again

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Fredericton Transit union reaches a deal with the city.

Not getting into the politics of it; I'm just glad that a deal was reached and the strike/lockout threats are gone.

Personally, I hope that whatever the deal was, it has the flexibility to launch Sunday Service. I've heard (rumours of course so I have no clue how correct it is) that the last contract's limitations were one of the things preventing Sunday Service somehow. Five years (length of the new one) is a long time to wait if they didn't make sure to have that flexibility in the new one.

I do not take the bus but I think they should follow like other cities and have Sunday service. People work on Sundays, and people shop on Sundays

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 6:27 PM

Quote:
I do not take the bus but I think they should follow like other cities and have Sunday service. People work on Sundays, and people shop on Sundays
Last I heard (last fall that is), there are no plans to change the bus schedule until Regent-pocalypse is done in the summer. It's somewhat understandable they'll not want to make major changes while the schedule is turned upside down due to the construction on Regent; but it should be on their radar.

As I've said elsewhere; even Charlottetown has Sunday service available now. It's long past due Freddy got it. (We should've had it within a year after they retired the 12-5 shopping limitations IMO)

Old Posted Feb 16, 2016, 12:38 AM

Who wants to pay to run empty buses on Sunday? It'll be less used than the Saturday service, which isn't exactly swarming with people.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2016, 12:55 AM

Ring Road/Two Nations Crossing overpass

The Daily Gleaner on-line version is reporting the Province of NB will announce tomorrow (15th) that design work will begin this year on the Ring Road/Two Nations Crossing overpass. The structure and road work will be completed in 2017.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2016, 12:59 AM

Good stuff...

Old Posted Feb 16, 2016, 2:05 AM

That's excellent news.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2016, 2:44 AM

Surprised they aren't going for a roundabout. Glad it's an overpass. It's long needed and planned for.

As for Sunday service, the Saturday buses are not empty, especially not the main routes (10/11/12/13 and the 16's; the ones that go by the university basically).

Apparently there will be some talk about a Regent Street Express service at the Transportation committee meeting tomorrow too. (Mentioned on FB; it's a presentation David Coon is making)

Old Posted Feb 16, 2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcav View Post
The Daily Gleaner on-line version is reporting the Province of NB will announce tomorrow (15th) that design work will begin this year on the Ring Road/Two Nations Crossing overpass. The structure and road work will be completed in 2017.
Very excited I am in the sub-division behind the Brookside mall and if I want to go to Wal-Mart or Canadian Tire this will save us some time for sure. Cant wait to see the designs. I wonder if this will cause some traffic delays ?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2016, 12:24 PM

Fox News Announcement of the 2NC overpass

Quote:
Funding for the intersection connecting Two Nations Crossing to the Ring Road and Highway 105 is expected to be announced today. Fredericton North MLA Stephen Horsman has said one million dollars is coming to fix on of Fredericton's biggest bottle necks. He says planning and design of the new overpass should begin next year and finish in 2018.

The overpass itself is expected to cost between 7 and 8 million dollars.
And I agree, getting that connection finished is long long overdue. Hopefully it will spur more development at 2NC too. Sure you can go down to Maple to get there when you're coming from Nashwaak area, but it's not really convenient. Brookside/Nashwaak as they are right now, are basically cut off from the St Marys/2NC area.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces