HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Mar 11, 2011, 5:02 AM
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpseatles View Post
That's so awesome! Thanks for that, I'm definately following him.

Doesn't the real Joe Fontana have a twitter account? I thought I heard that he used it as part of his "hip", new campaign strategy.
No idea, but I love this farce.

Check out FontaMa's tweet from today:

"Time for my daily ritual of rubbing my face with sandpaper. For that respectably weathered look."

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Mar 12, 2011, 5:05 AM

That tweet you quoted will be the only one I'll see... The account has been suspended...

Old Posted Mar 12, 2011, 4:41 PM
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokkei Mizu View Post
That tweet you quoted will be the only one I'll see... The account has been suspended...
Bleh! Well it was good while it lasted.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 9:08 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

I thought this might be an okay place to ask a stupid question.

How do you post pictures on here? I've read the directions page carefully, and made attempts several times, but every time I preview the post it shows up as a box with an x. Is it because I'm using photobucket? It sems so simple, just copy the URL and put it in the insert image box, but I consistantly fail at it!

BTW the pictures aren't from London, but when I learn how to post them I might be able to do construction updates of Old East!

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 10:05 PM
bro

Hmm, I've never had a problem with images here. I just throw the URL between some [IMG][/IMG] tags and it always works. Maybe you have them saved as a weird format?

For the record I tend to use http://imgur.com/

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 11:14 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

^Thanks for the info! I figured out that the second image tag I used didn't have a / in it. Now I can finally post photos!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 2:58 PM
bro

Smile

Not sure if you guys are interested, but I posted a little thread in the 'Urban Art' section here and thought you guys might enjoy it. Here's a link: Pixel Art - nerd's hobby

Old Posted May 22, 2011, 11:56 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

Random thought occured to me today:

London must be the largest city in the world, named after a metropolis. When you think about it, it makes sense (Maybe I'm a bit slow to realize it now!) . But just imagine another city, that's reasonably important, with nearly half a million people that's named Paris, Rome, Vienna, Madrid etc. I have a hard time doing it, and yet that's what anyone outside of North America would go through when they find out there's another, reasonably large London in the world.

Just a thought.

Old Posted May 23, 2011, 2:36 AM

New York. New Orleans, Las Rosas.... Just add the word New? New London there is only 6 or 7 of those.

Old Posted May 23, 2011, 4:00 AM
The Vomit Bag.

New York. 21 million strong.

Old Posted May 23, 2011, 2:29 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

But the city New York is named after is only maybe 200 000 strong. Obviously I'm not an idiot. I realize that New York is a metropolis that is named after another city, but that's not what I was trying to say, was I?

Alright, I'll try this again. I think that London Ontario is probably the largest city (in terms of population) that is named after a very important metropolis (not some smallish city). Even if I said it was the largest city that shared a name with a metropolis, I still think I might be correct. Like I said before, York is considerably smaller than London (200 000), same with Orleans (100 000), and I could not find any New London's that were comparable in size to London Ontario.

Phew, do you get what I'm trying to say now? If you still think I'm incorrect, tell me, but I am aware that New York is much larger than London!

Old Posted May 23, 2011, 11:32 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Saint Petersburg Florida is named after Saint Petersburg, Russia. City proper of the former is smaller than that of London, but the urban area is larger.

Old Posted May 24, 2011, 12:42 AM

Birmingham, AL?
Athens, GA?

Old Posted May 24, 2011, 1:58 AM
Wannabe Urbanite

^Ya, I think you guys are right. My mistake. Could have sworn I was onto something there though!

But, are we the city with the most similar names? Thames River, Oxford St., Piccadilly St., Hyde Park...etc?

Old Posted May 24, 2011, 1:25 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Hyde Park is being renamed Liver&Onions.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 12:23 AM
User Registered

Funny little comic I found about current events in London:

http://cripzthecomic.com/2011/06/22/2302/ (Via Reddit)

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Jun 24, 2011, 12:23 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^funny, but lacking two important voices: AMdeC-B and TWorst.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2011, 7:56 PM
User Registered

Well I did it. Spent a Saturday afternoon at Costco. Never again.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Jun 26, 2011, 2:04 AM
The Vomit Bag.

I spent my afternoon at the International Food Festival in Victoria Park. When the sun came out, half of London showed up. Totally pigged out on Korean and Columbian food. Also pulled pork on a bun. Also, a big heaping poutine from "Di's Fresh Cut Fries". There was also some dessert (Belgian Waffle).

Old Posted Jun 26, 2011, 3:45 AM

I had the ribs. They were excellent.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation