HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

55 Hudson Yards in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 15, 2012, 6:18 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 1:01 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...6bPnLtVduGlO4M

November 13, 2012
Steve Cuozzo

Quote:

JLL states that Extell’s One Hudson Yards will “like[ly] be the first new project developed in the Hudson Yards redevelopment zone.” As we first reported last spring, that’s Gary Barnett’s proposed 1 million-square-foot tower on 11th Avenue between 34th and 35th streets — which is in the Hudson Yards district but not at the rail yards site with which the Hudson Yards name is synonymous in many minds.
Remains to be seen...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 1:19 PM

It will be exciting to watch the race between this building and the Coach Tower.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2012, 10:41 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
It will be exciting to watch the race between this building and the Coach Tower.
Yeah, though the folks at Related won't be too pleased. I think the Girasole is a contender also, mostly due to the fact that these are the towers directly above the new subway station. Related stated that there will be direct connections on the railyard property as well, so everyone should be happy as far as that goes.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2012, 2:31 AM

I think Related is building the 'Equinox' Tower as a direct competitor to the Girasole. Similar scale/massing and similar mixed-use idea.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2012, 7:11 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post
I think Related is building the 'Equinox' Tower as a direct competitor to the Girasole. Similar scale/massing and similar mixed-use idea.
I don't think the Equinox will be a competitor in that sense. It will already be home to Related, Oxford, Equinox, and the Equinox brand hotel.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2012, 7:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I don't think the Equinox will be a competitor in that sense. It will already be home to Related, Oxford, Equinox, and the Equinox brand hotel.
I think the Equinox deal is still tentative at this point, but who knows. It's interesting how different the tower looked in the Equinox presentation vs. current renderings though, as it seemed to have more setbacks as it rose.

Girasole is similarly mixed-use, although I believe it was only supposed to be residential and hotel. Since it was revealed back in 2007 I highly doubt the design is still the same and I'm holding out hope for something taller, which would seem likely given what's happening at neighboring developments.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2012, 1:03 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post
I think the Equinox deal is still tentative at this point, but who knows. It's interesting how different the tower looked in the Equinox presentation vs. current renderings though, as it seemed to have more setbacks as it rose.

Girasole is similarly mixed-use, although I believe it was only supposed to be residential and hotel. Since it was revealed back in 2007 I highly doubt the design is still the same and I'm holding out hope for something taller, which would seem likely given what's happening at neighboring developments.
I believe Related actually owns Equinox, they're trying to create the brand hotel with this tower. They are also going to move their headquarters there, as will Oxford. I believe the north tower and the Girasole and other potential towers in the area are more direct competitors with Barnett's One Hudson Yards.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2012, 5:26 PM

Have this anything to do with the hudson yard office tower developments ? Is it proposed by the same company ?

Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 5:20 PM
New Yorker for life

MtAPhotos

Quote:
This photo shows the progress of construction on the extension of the 7 subway line as of December 6, 2012. This photo shows a ventilation facility and station entrance on Eleventh Avenue between 33rd and 34th Streets.

Quote:
This photo shows the progress of construction on the extension of the 7 subway line as of December 6, 2012. This is a view of the future station at 34th Street and Eleventh Avenue.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerVerre:) View Post
Have this anything to do with the hudson yard office tower developments ? Is it proposed by the same company ?
No, but Related will redevelop the current HQ of Coach which is close to the site of this building once it completes the first office tower in the railyards some time in 2015.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 2:33 PM
New Yorker for life

Not sure how the small ventilation building fits in...

Javier Ortega Figueiral

Old Posted Jan 16, 2013, 1:34 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/16/re...=nyregion&_r=0

Already Wooing Tenants in Hudson Yards

By PETER SLATIN
January 15, 2013

Quote:
Extell owns the site at the northeast corner of 11th Avenue and 33rd Street. Gary Barnett, president of Extell, said the site included a new subway entrance and its foundations were already 75 percent constructed because they are shared with the transit authority. Mr. Barnett has named his project One Hudson Yards. He said he was being “very aggressive” in his rents, but added “we’re not giving space away.”

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 7:32 PM

ventilation building

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Just want to get this straight. Is the brown cube at the bottom left of this tower a ventilation building? Just confused as there is a ventilation building getting built between 35 and 36 street.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 8:12 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Gee, I never noticed the ventilation building in the render before. Yes, it looks to be in the same spot as in the photo that NYguy posted, on the south side of the site.

Ventilation building
One Hudson Yards
Coach Tower
North Tower
Corset Tower
Equinox Tower

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 9:24 PM
New Yorker for life

Part of the reason foundations are partly built for the tower.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2013, 8:34 PM
don't *meddle*...

http://www.onehudsonyards.com/gallery.html#

The tower is now 877ft tall. One less potential supertall.

Some facts:

Quote:
TOTAL HEIGHT 877 FT
TOTAL RSF 1,750,000
FLOOR PLATES
COLUMN-FREE / 28,000-43,000 RSF
TOWER LEASE SPANS 42-45 FT
FLOOR-TO-CEILING GLASS 10 FT

Last edited by hunser; Mar 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2013, 8:45 PM

Dissapointing, although I guess the tower isn't truly a done deal yet or is even confirmed to be under contract. The height could still change some.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2013, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
http://www.onehudsonyards.com/gallery.html#

The tower is now 877ft tall. One less potential supertall.
Height isn't everything in all projects, at least it looks nice.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2013, 8:53 PM
don't *meddle*...

^ I agree, I'd rather have a nice design than a tacky 1000 footer.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive