HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberrant View Post
External Stakeholder Report on Underutilized Land Study - http://www.designregina.ca/wp-conten...der-Report.pdf
This report is a good example of the absolute lack of effort the City puts into infill. Seriously, a 7 page report of which only 3 pages is actual analysis, and the rest is the cover page, introduction, overview, and blank space. And really, the findings are basically common-sense things that everyone already knows about infill, but the City chooses to do nothing to address anyways. Plus, the report offers no solutions or courses of action to take. What a joke - this is exactly how our tax dollars are wasted every day at City Hall on report, after report, after report, that will sit on a shelf somewhere and collect dust. I bet they paid at least 15 - 25,000 dollars for this gem written with the insight and analysis of a first year university student's midterm paper.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Walker View Post
This report is a good example of the absolute lack of effort the City puts into infill. Seriously, a 7 page report of which only 3 pages is actual analysis, and the rest is the cover page, introduction, overview, and blank space. And really, the findings are basically common-sense things that everyone already knows about infill, but the City chooses to do nothing to address anyways. Plus, the report offers no solutions or courses of action to take. What a joke - this is exactly how our tax dollars are wasted every day at City Hall on report, after report, after report, that will sit on a shelf somewhere and collect dust. I bet they paid at least 15 - 25,000 dollars for this gem written with the insight and analysis of a first year university student's midterm paper.
While yes this report is garbage, this is only one section of the report. The whole report is much larger....and cost 100k...

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 2:36 AM

During the 4 hours I volunteered to provide input for this report, I was assured the City is totally serious this time, and will be taking action for sure. I think there was even a pinky swear involved.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 5:08 PM

Anyone knows whats being built on the north-west corner of Vic and Reynolds st? The area is fenced and they started working on the foundation.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexen View Post
Anyone knows whats being built on the north-west corner of Vic and Reynolds st? The area is fenced and they started working on the foundation.
Medical office

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 10:17 PM

Regina Transit is starting the Arcola Express route from the Schmirler to downtown next week. This could be a real parking mess at the Schmirler if it is popular; people will park and ride, locking up the parking lot for the bulk of the day. I heard there was supposed to be consultation, but I never heard any real discussion on the results.

http://leaderpost.com/news/local-new...of-free-rides?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 3:26 AM

Also noticed the Albert Express is expanding its service in Harbour Landing to go beyond just WalMart.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 9:42 PM

Hey all, anyone know what is going up at Broad and 4th Ave? Some steel structure from the looks of things but not sure who is doing what.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefollowingchapter View Post
Hey all, anyone know what is going up at Broad and 4th Ave? Some steel structure from the looks of things but not sure who is doing what.
Dliawri Dealership

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Dliawri Dealership
It's the new BMW dealership to be exact.

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 5:31 PM

The apartment buildings that have been under construction along Lewvan Drive finally appear to be nearing completion.

https://www.imperialproperties.ca/pr...ard-apartments

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 6:10 PM

My brother spotted this Google Street View car parked near his neighbourhood in Varsity Park the other week ago. The driver must have relatives or good friends living nearby, as it was parked there over a couple nights.

Does this mean they're going to update the Street Views of Regina soon?

(My photo)

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff Bucket View Post
My brother spotted this Google Street View car parked near his neighbourhood in Varsity Park the other week ago. The driver must have relatives or good friends living nearby, as it was parked there over a couple nights.

Does this mean they're going to update the Street Views of Regina soon?

(My photo)
They update in major centres on a regular basis. This really isn't a huge surprise.

Upload your images to a better hosting provider like Imgur. Photobucket has been trash for years.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSPC View Post
They update in major centres on a regular basis. This really isn't a huge surprise.

Upload your images to a better hosting provider like Imgur. Photobucket has been trash for years.
Define "regular basis". The street view in my neighbourhood is from 2013.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSPC View Post
... Photobucket has been trash for years.
Thanks, HomerSPC! Yeah, but for the most part, the (few) images I've shared publicly in the past are not meant for superior quality rendering, and I find Photobucket is adequate to simply illustrate a message without the resulting monster-sized images.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 7:03 PM

So this is the hot mess that is the railroad in NW Regina

Here is my proposal to get the rail crossing off of Ring Road.

Where do I collect my consulting fee from the City, CP and CN.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 7:28 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post

You can collect it as soon as they implement.

If only that were true of other recommendation reports the city has done over the decades.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff Bucket View Post
Thanks, HomerSPC! Yeah, but for the most part, the (few) images I've shared publicly in the past are not meant for superior quality rendering, and I find Photobucket is adequate to simply illustrate a message without the resulting monster-sized images.
Your images aren't even showing up here. The rest of us can't see them because photobucket no longer allows third parties to view them unless you pay them a fee.

This is what we see:

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post

Here is my proposal to get the rail crossing off of Ring Road.

Thanks - it looks too simple to be true and I guess it is. The new connection goes right through the middle of FCL's $5 billion refinery.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Your images aren't even showing up here. The rest of us can't see them because photobucket no longer allows third parties to view them unless you pay them a fee.

This is what we see:

Oops! Sorry! That's not nice of Photobucket! ... My bad! Or their (Photobucket's) bad!
(It was nice while it lasted, because Photobucket down-converted your mega-, mega-pixel-sized image to a smaller size automatically, making it just right to fit your screen!)

Just my image of the cool, totally awesome, fully decked-out, fancy-schmancy, bow-down-and-worship-it, parked Google Street View car! Y'all missed out the first time!!!

I Hope it works this time!

(My image)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan