HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams

Old Posted Aug 2, 2023, 3:13 AM
Intergalactic Barfly

CN Tower - Toronto, Canada

I noticed that the primary drawing recently changed to @Zhen 's drawing of the CN Tower. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice looking drawing... but there are several serious flaws with it too.

The Main Observation level is supposed to be at 346 metres, but @Zhen 's drawing shows it to be approx. 334 metres, or 12 metres too short.

The bottom of the Microwave Receptor Pod is supposed to be at 336 metres, but @Zhen 's drawing shows it to be at approx. 324 metres, or 12 metres too short.

The floor of the SkyPod is supposed to be at 447 metres, and the roof of it should be at 457 metres, but @Zhen 's drawing shows the floor of the SkyPod to be at approx. 443 metres, or 4 metres too short, and its roof to be at approx. 455 metres, or 2 metres too short.

Additionally @Zhen 's drawing does not show the Edge Walk attraction at 356 metres.

I'm not certain which drawing should be the primary, but the current one has problems...

Last edited by koops65; Aug 2, 2023 at 9:19 AM.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2023, 8:48 PM

Maleig is the Best Diagram

Delete

Last edited by CRKMRRMK; Nov 2, 2023 at 8:01 PM.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2023, 1:08 PM
🇹🇼

I used google earth to measure it :

but the total height is 8 meters shorter than official info.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2023, 5:21 PM

Delete

Last edited by CRKMRRMK; Nov 2, 2023 at 8:00 PM.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2023, 5:52 PM
Intergalactic Barfly

The official heights are well known, from the CN Tower website... https://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=21

Old Posted Aug 16, 2023, 1:33 PM
I am the law!

I'm a fan of Google Earth. I find it often more accurate than these official heights given that it's a mostly accurate measurement between to physical points than something concocted for the planning process or copied from Emporis which had non existent standards for many years under skyscrapers.com

With that said, how can one not use the official heights for something as Iconic as the CN Tower and particular when the ground level point of reference ranges wildly. Two ground level points of reference from two different locations will yield different results and neither would be technically wrong. I did a brief look up. The 240 foot elevation is from the below grade, once water filled, moat around the base. That is, however, not a grade level.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2023, 4:38 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

oof, its so ugly, sorry, sorry, but at least it gives toronto some distinction from a distance.

and interesting to use google earth for heights. never thought of that. yes i imagine its more accurate vs old emporis. sounds fun to poke around on and see.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2023, 2:00 PM
Volatile Pacivist

There are times when it didn't look very good due to miscoloured areas of the concrete (which have mostly been corrected), but the design itself isn't ugly at all. Quite handsome actually but of course tastes vary.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams