HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 2:21 PM

I think a few of you may be misreading/misunderstanding what the article is stating Easements. The final paragraph in the article refers to the easements granted for the Boise Tower. If easements are not granted then the tower has to be set back from the garage wall.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 7:46 PM

Quote:
http://idahobusinessreview.com/2012/...th-main-tower/

"This easement has potential to allow a shade structure and photovoltaic devices on the top of the CCDC-owned garage."

"The air rights easement would allow canopies, lights and attachments to the office tower in a space that starts 58 feet above the garage’s first floor, and extends 12 feet horizontally northwest of the tower site and 256 feet vertically, the agenda report said."

It's great to see some collaboration with this project. It's also great to see a parking garage become more efficiently utilized.

On a side note, does anyone know if 8th and Main will be apart of the geothermal loop?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
I think a few of you may be misreading/misunderstanding what the article is stating Easements. The final paragraph in the article refers to the easements granted for the Boise Tower. If easements are not granted then the tower has to be set back from the garage wall.
ah, I did misread it a lil. heck it was 3:40 in the morning or something like that when i did.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 5:49 AM

Has this project ran into any NIMBY opposition to date?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 1:09 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by isangpogi View Post
Has this project ran into any NIMBY opposition to date?
Surprisingly, no actually. The only real opposition I've heard was from Idaho Statesman comments (but people there are bitter to a ridiculous degree and anti-everything), Occupy Boise because... I don't know why. There may have been some opposition in the Boise Guardian, I can't remember. But by and large the support has overwhelmed the little opposition there is. In the Design Review Committee meetings, the members of the DRC made it a point to mention how much they supported this project and thought the design was really great for downtown.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 1:57 PM
All man. Half nuts.

yeah, there were lots of nimbys commenting on the statesman article, but that's always the case with the statesman. it's 90% negativity about every story... heck, even when someone donates land for a new park for the city, people complained.

i swear if there was an article in the paper about how an orphan with disabilities saved a baby bunny during a charity event, there would be negative comments after the article.

sad.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post
yeah, there were lots of nimbys commenting on the statesman article, but that's always the case with the statesman. it's 90% negativity about every story... heck, even when someone donates land for a new park for the city, people complained.

i swear if there was an article in the paper about how an orphan with disabilities saved a baby bunny during a charity event, there would be negative comments after the article.

sad.
Hard to be positive about anything when your 'life' consists of flaming people and articles in an online news story...

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 8:27 PM

Quote:

sad.
I've given up reading those... There was a time that I tried to refute ridiculous comments with logical ones, but you can't argue with stupid... There's no limit to the imagination of some people to turn everything negative or into a conspiracy theory...

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 8:54 PM

Quote:
I've given up reading those... There was a time that I tried to refute ridiculous comments with logical ones, but you can't argue with stupid... There's no limit to the imagination of some people to turn everything negative or into a conspiracy theory...
Newspaper forums are stupid. I am surprised the Statesman even allows forums on certain stories because if someone was killed or hurt there are always some idiotic people who post really cruel comments. I just read some of the Whole Foods comments and find it really silly that some people do not think Whole Foods and the Co-op can exist together. Yeah right, just because Whole Foods opens up in Boise, the 30+ year old, beloved and iconic Co-Op will go out of business in the wink of an eye, the thousands of members will cancel their memberships lol...people are really narrow minded at those forums. One poster over there really needs to pull his or head out and realize that WF is filing a niche of grocers in the downtown area and that both organic grocers in the downtown area of a city with over 200,000 peeps can do very well.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 12:48 AM
All man. Half nuts.

some activity on the site today:

the fences have been moved out, blocking 1 lane on 8th and 1 lane on main.

looks like we'll start seeing construction begin soon.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
some activity on the site today:

the fences have been moved out, blocking 1 lane on 8th and 1 lane on main.

looks like we'll start seeing construction begin soon.
You beat me to the punch on reporting this news. I can also add, however, that it appears that the new painting of bike lines on that stretch of 8th might be aligned differently than before. When they're done with it I'll try to remember to take a picture.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 5:35 PM

I took some photos yesterday for everyone's viewing delight.

Sorry, they aren't the best, I got distracted by a plaid Ferrari and Austin Martin DB9

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 5:43 PM

The crane is probably going to be erected soon. Downtown will have a few cranes in the sky with this and JUMP.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBMW View Post
Sorry, they aren't the best, I got distracted by a plaid Ferrari and Austin Martin DB9
A plaid Ferrari?? I'd be distracted too!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
The crane is probably going to be erected soon. Downtown will have a few cranes in the sky with this and JUMP.
Seattle had maybe 15 when I was there last week. Now that's what I want to see. I'd be happy with two though.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2012, 1:49 AM

I'm guessing the tower crane is going to be erected on 8TH Street?

Old Posted Jun 27, 2012, 1:56 AM

Quote:
A plaid Ferrari?? I'd be distracted too!

Sorry, I had to post it.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2012, 3:01 AM

After going down the newly painted bike lane on 8th Street near the construction, I'm not a fan of the tight turn that you are led on. All I'll say is that some bike is going to wreck it on the car that's parked in front of this tight turn.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2012, 5:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBMW View Post

Sorry, I had to post it.
He wasn't kidding...that's as plaid as it gets.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2012, 2:20 PM

The firm I work for has been chosen to coordinate the mechanical and plumbing systems for this project. The 100% bid drawings are out and and all contracts have been awarded. We have the new drawings as well as a 3D model of the building. Good news, it will now be 17 stories plus a basement and a mechanical penthouse (basically an 18th floor). I haven't seen the final height in feet yet, as we do not have the architectural or structural set.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West