HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Closed Thread

Old Posted Dec 30, 2012, 11:41 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

One City Block update! By: yours truly..

http://denverinfill.com/blog/2012/12...-update-2.html
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Dec 31, 2012, 1:45 AM

Auld Lang Syne.....

1949 Vintage Map of Downtown Denver

seashoreprints

Old Posted Dec 31, 2012, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleScott View Post
I'm in the same boat as I take RTD's skyride to my job at DIA almost daily as my Eco-pass and soon GO card allows (I work in airport opps btw).
I personally just find driving to be a complete annoyance! My car is 5 years old and just turned over 30K miles, so about half of what's considered normal.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2012, 6:25 PM
I take zero bus photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by COtoOC View Post
I personally just find driving to be a complete annoyance! My car is 5 years old and just turned over 30K miles, so about half of what's considered normal.
Video Link

Old Posted Dec 31, 2012, 11:19 PM

Rainbow

Old Posted Jan 1, 2013, 12:11 AM

That Portlandia bike rider sketch was spot on.

Hope everyone's New Year is all good... looks like Denver will continue it's densification in the coming year. A lot of nice projects in the pipeline.

Looking forward to 2013!

Old Posted Jan 1, 2013, 9:53 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Happy New Year Denver forumers!

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Jan 2, 2013, 2:52 AM
I take zero bus photos

A crap iPhone pano of downtown.

You can "see" 5 cranes in this shot: 4 over at the old hospital sites and 1 for One City Block. (Note: image quality may be too crap to see all 5)

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 2:44 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
A crap iPhone pano of downtown.

You can "see" 5 cranes in this shot: 4 over at the old hospital sites and 1 for One City Block. (Note: image quality may be too crap to see all 5)

I don't mean to play photo tennis but...

Lookin' right back at ya! (On a much warmer day)

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 11:12 PM

New project in Wash Park:

Http://www.95loganlofts.com

Also demolition looks imminent for the old building where Quixotes used to be on 21st and Lawrence.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 11:18 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhomeDenver View Post
New project in Wash Park:

Http://www.95loganlofts.com
This takes care of a major eyesore on Logan. There's also an apartment complex in the works a couple blocks north at Logan and 3rd. It's currently being used as a staging are for the Washington and Speer apartments, but it will be nice to see another grass lot disappear sometime next year.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 12:42 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

Sort of surprising that there are still little empty lots at all left in those neighborhoods. Great to see another one go. I know somebody who lives in the building across the alley on Grant - just texted this link. Hope I don't inadvertently rally any anti-high rise activists!

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 2:57 AM
Urban Living

36th and navajo has cleared the old cafe brazil, a empty corner and 1 or 2 shacks....looks like about 20k SF of dirt now....16 rowhomes is my guess!

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 3:02 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

I'm not one who thinks we need retail on every street, but there's already such a nice little cluster there, it'd be a shame to develop a 20k sf site and not get any.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 3:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcp View Post
36th and navajo has cleared the old cafe brazil, a empty corner and 1 or 2 shacks....looks like about 20k SF of dirt now....16 rowhomes is my guess!
Sorry to disappoint, it's eight units and I don't think the corner lot is included.

http://www.lohi8.com/index.html

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 6:07 AM
Urban Living

strange...it's an L shape even without the corner....still good to see! i live on navajo street..and yes it is a bit odd - it is very "clustery" with short-lived mixed-use / retail...but then quickly goes to strictly residential - it could someday be a main-street (1) feel, but i'm not sure the zoning re-do endorsed that concept over a series of nodes.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 4:36 PM

UCD Academic Bldg 1

The parking lot on the the corner of Larimer & Speer, Auraria Campus has been fenced off. Looks like construction is about to begin on UCD Academic Bldg 1 shortly!

Also, excel has been working on clearing the electrical lines and lights from the parking lot on the corner of 21st and Lawrence in anticipation of demolition. Asbestos cleanup crews are there as well. Amazing the change that corner will have gone through with both 2020 Lawrence & Legacy 22nd. With 231 units @ 2020 & 212 units @ Legacy that area will never be the same again.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 6:54 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
The parking lot on the the corner of Larimer & Speer, Auraria Campus has been fenced off. Looks like construction is about to begin on UCD Academic Bldg 1 shortly!

Also, excel has been working on clearing the electrical lines and lights from the parking lot on the corner of 21st and Lawrence in anticipation of demolition. Asbestos cleanup crews are there as well. Amazing the change that corner will have gone through with both 2020 Lawrence & Legacy 22nd. With 231 units @ 2020 & 212 units @ Legacy that area will never be the same again.
Excellent excellent excellent news! I'm excited to see what Lawrence / Arapahoe Square is going to be like in a couple years. The only thing I'm disappointed about is they're not integrating the current building into Legacy 22nd... But that building [especially the basement] is also pretty sketch.. Dirt and Buntie can back me up on that..

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 6:57 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

That basement? Sketchy is an understatement. But who really wants a sterile cinder block city?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 6:59 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Jesus, will someone else buy El Diablo and end all of this drama?

Jesse Morreales is circling the drain and is about to take my favorite hipster-douche place with him.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West