HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 1:14 AM

Anyone watching CBC’s Burden of Proof second season? It takes place mostly in Winnipeg locations and the city looks great.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 1:44 AM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Meth Central

West End residents say they don't feel safe in own home after apparent violent episode of meth psychosis

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ipeg-1.4981246

The 29 yo. man did everything wrong in that once inside his suite he should not have opened his door to the asshole meth addict.

In the 90s when a drunken panhandler chased me down at 87 Smith St. I'd get inside, lock the door and a panny would bang on my door for a second and then leave. End of story. No one hurt.

Perhaps the BIZ and/or Police should have more "safety seminars" for those who live downtown.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 1:50 AM
I am a typical

There was a girl that used to wander around my neighbourhood high on flakka, she would flail about (literal flailing, limbs going everywhere) and scream at things, seemingly oblivious to the world around her. It was really bizarre. I'm not sure a closed door would have stopped her if she wanted to get in. No idea where she went, she was everywhere for a few weeks then disappeared.

Synthetic drugs like meth, flakka and bath salts are a lot different than alcohol. They're nothing like drunk people when they're on this shit, they're dangerous to themselves and everyone around them and completely unpredictable.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Anyone watching CBC’s Burden of Proof second season? It takes place mostly in Winnipeg locations and the city looks great.
So far the second season is awesome. Winnipeg needs this show! I think it’s nice to see Winnipeg portrayed as the important Canadian urban centre that it is, instead of a lifeless backwater. The characters are great and the storylines are engaging. I love the inclusion of the bear clan and showing indigenous people being involved in helping improve safety in their communities. It’s inspiring. I love this show! Hopefully it gets a third and fourth season.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 2:16 PM

^ Never heard of this show, thanks for the tip. Was the first season set here too?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 2:28 PM

The first season is set in a fictional town called millwood. It was all filmed in selkirk. The second season takes place in both Winnipeg and millwood, but more Winnipeg. The first season is good but the second season, so far, has been fantastic. They did a beautiful job filming Winnipeg.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 2:29 PM

No idea about this show. I see it stars Kristen Kruek. I guess she was cleared of any involvement with that sex trafficking cult thing her co-star was arrested for.

Does it take place in Winnipeg or just filmed here?

I remember the show Less Than Kind was filmed and took place in Winnipeg. Any other shows take place here?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 2:31 PM

You don’t really need to watch the first season to get into the second, I hope you enjoy it.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 2:31 PM

^ I checked out the Burden of Truth website and it does appear that it is set here.

Quote:
In Season 1, corporate attorney Joanna Chang (Kristin Kreuk; Smallville, Beauty and the Beast) made headlines fighting for the justice of five sick girls in her hometown of Millwood. This season she finds herself at a top law firm in Winnipeg ready to make a fresh start away from her previous firm. There, a new client draws her into the shadowy world of hackers, activists, and a political movement that won’t take any prisoners. The case leads Joanna through many twists and turns, until she eventually becomes a killer’s target. Her estranged father tries to assist her, which leads to an event that will change both their lives forever.

Meanwhile, Millwood’s lifeblood has been left depleted following the bankruptcy of the mill. With rising unemployment rates, tensions in town are running high, leaving Billy (Peter Mooney; Rookie Blue, Saving Hope) to retreat further away from town, but when his reckless brother Shane (Andrew Chown; Beauty & the Beast, Reign) shows up, Billy is forced to confront childhood memories.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 2:33 PM

It takes place here. That’s what’s awesome about it. It’s Winnipeg. they talk about the city and showcase it. This show has so much potential to change Canadians and winnipeggers thoughts about our fair city.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
It takes place here. That’s what’s awesome about it. It’s Winnipeg. they talk about the city and showcase it. This show has so much potential to change Canadians and winnipeggers thoughts about our fair city.
I'm not a big fan of the show but I watched the first couple of episodes of Season 2 when I heard Winnipeg was going to appear "as itself. I agree there's great potential here to show off what Winnipeg has to offer, and counter the negative stereotypes.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 4:59 PM

heard NetFlix is opening a studio in Winnipeg, anyone else hearing that?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 5:17 PM

Winnipeg "as itself"?

Must check out. Also, more info on Netflix-to-Winnipeg please if anyone has any!

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 8:37 PM

It airs on the CW in the States. Apparently one of the things that attracted them was the fact that it is a real place and not some generic US city filmed in Vancouver. The lead actor is from Winnipeg.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 9:21 PM
BANNED

This should be mentionned in the Canadian Entertainment thread.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 5:54 AM

I think that new studio is under construction or possibly already open in Point Douglas.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 4:19 PM

We always cheer when "Winnipeg" is mentioned in TV and movies. Seems to be the go-to place for US shows when they want a decent-sized Canadian city but not the usual (TO, Calgary, Vancouver).

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 6:22 PM
Ignore these four words.

Burden of Truth uses the recently renovated Republic Architecture offices as its' fictional law firm office.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 6:56 PM

It’s amazing how many different locations they use and how good they look. Fun to see familiar places. Looks like Bear Clan is going to be an ongoing part.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2019, 1:29 AM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

All school divisions in Winnipeg cancel buses Thursday amid extreme cold

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...sday-1.4999602

Stupid, stupid administrators and "modern" (post feminist) life, listening to the Mommies too much saying "where is my kiddie going to go while I'm at work?"

Look, the below -34 weather is OVER.

Too late in responding.

In my elem. school days in the 1970s we lived close enough to school to WALK to St. Iggys and St. Jean Brebeuf.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan