HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 8:10 PM

I love everything about this project. Looks fantastic – and again shows a relatively plain design can look great with the right materials, and some variation. I love how the window design of the new part reflects the old warehouse, without trying to fake being historic.

And agree Andy – the layouts are fantastic. Tons of closet space in all them – and they've given thought to wear your TV will go. A lot of designs I've seen lately don't think about that, and you end up having to put your TV in front of a window, which is brutal.

The 810 sqft 2 bedroom layout looks incredible. Balcony, separate office, massive walk-in closet....

Old Posted Jul 22, 2018, 12:34 AM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
I love everything about this project. Looks fantastic – and again shows a relatively plain design can look great with the right materials, and some variation. I love how the window design of the new part reflects the old warehouse, without trying to fake being historic.

And agree Andy – the layouts are fantastic. Tons of closet space in all them – and they've given thought to wear your TV will go. A lot of designs I've seen lately don't think about that, and you end up having to put your TV in front of a window, which is brutal.

The 810 sqft 2 bedroom layout looks incredible. Balcony, separate office, massive walk-in closet....
It is really nice inside and out. Kind of surprising location but if it worked and that area became popular it would really push the revival of the core area of the city in a very healthy new direction.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2018, 1:35 AM
surely you agree with me

I like it a lot too.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2018, 9:18 AM

I like the fact that they show appreciation for the history of the buildings and their place in a national historic site.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2018, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
I like the fact that they show appreciation for the history of the buildings and their place in a national historic site.
Ya, hopefully the sister to 98 Market takes note.

Speaking of, someone should launch a complaint that 98M was not finished to approved design and force them to fix the Juliette balconies like that project on Maryland was forced to do.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 2:07 AM
BANNED

What a fu$in joke 98 market is. Such an atrocious development, right out of the 90s.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 5:26 PM

Waterfront Sites

Well it seems both the Great West Metal Site and Sportsplex on Duncan have been put under contract by a Calgary Condo Developer.

They will be doing their due diligence on the sites for the next little while...

Very promising...

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 6:47 PM

Bodegoes reopened yesterday in the former Pita Pit space at OMS. Space is much nicer than their old one.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labroco View Post
Well it seems both the Great West Metal Site and Sportsplex on Duncan have been put under contract by a Calgary Condo Developer.

They will be doing their due diligence on the sites for the next little while...

Very promising...
Intriguing news. I'm sure I must be overlooking some examples, but I can't think of too many out of town developers involved in East Exchange residential projects. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 4:36 AM

I'll put $50 on it not resembling giant black shipping container ominously floating in the sky.

Although it's happened a few times, so who knows.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 7:22 PM

Remember those Pincess adresses that got picked up some time back? Where one was burned down in the 60s and now wins the international "interacts with the street level" award?

I heard their plans and ideas, and saw some renderings (I think barcode is doing it). I have zero access to them at this point.

Initially i thought it would be a hands-on, good effort job to put safe units onto the market.

This will actually be one of the coolest projects in Winnipeg. Not the biggest, but so damn cool. Will share more if I can get solid info.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
Remember those Pincess adresses that got picked up some time back? Where one was burned down in the 60s and now wins the international "interacts with the street level" award?

I heard their plans and ideas, and saw some renderings (I think barcode is doing it). I have zero access to them at this point.

Initially i thought it would be a hands-on, good effort job to put safe units onto the market.

This will actually be one of the coolest projects in Winnipeg. Not the biggest, but so damn cool. Will share more if I can get solid info.
Which building are these, address? And barcode?

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 11:33 PM
BANNED

104 Princess?

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg_Guy View Post
Which building are these, address? And barcode?
5468796 Architecture Their logo is a barcode so they are referred to as barcode as nobody can remember 5468796.

Among other projects they are known for the Market Square performance stage.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post

Good to hear. I'm still dying to know if the surface lot above the parkade behind these buildings is possible to build on. Because that whole south half of this block has massive potential.

Also – any news if the police credit union will eventually move to the new PSB? I know they opened a teller, but are they really going to continue operating both locations?

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Also – any news if the police credit union will eventually move to the new PSB? I know they opened a teller, but are they really going to continue operating both locations?
I don't know but it doesn't strike me as implausible they'd carry on with the current arrangement... the Police's CU is not that far from the new HQ, it's a relatively new purpose-built building, and the teller space on the skywalk level is pretty small, I doubt it would cost that much to operate assuming that they've moved most of the staff over from the pre-existing location.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2018, 9:11 PM

I look at the 266 Graham branch the same way that I looked at the BoM mini-branches br that were in some of the larger Safeway stores a few years ago. Good to get some money or some quick customer service like a new ATM card but there are no Vaults for Safety Deposit Boxes among other things.

Also the main branch on William is easily accessible compared to the mini-branch ( i.e. free member parking / drive thru ATM) for the WPD staff who do not work out of the NEW PSB. The east, north and west district credit union members come to mind.

Who knows though, maybe they will someday merge with another larger Credit Union to give their members more access to more branches and then the William ave building can be sold off.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2018, 3:14 AM

There was construction going on in the former Paperdoll space on McDermot, presumably that's the grocery store that was mentioned on here a few weeks ago.

Also, next door, FOOTW3RK took down the paper in the windows and hung a sign instead. It's better, but too bad that they didn't put a neon sign on the exterior as opposed to a fake painted neon-style sign inside the window.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2018, 6:03 PM

Turns out the "office from the states" was just a deflection...

Tokyo Smoke is opening in the former Berns & Black space. They're starting to clear remaining stuff out today. Will be a stunning addition to Main Street – for those unaware, it's one of the 4 dispensaries opening here, fairly high end lifestyle concepts. Have clothing, coffee shop, do yoga, etc.

https://ca.tokyosmoke.com/

Old Posted Jul 30, 2018, 6:19 PM

^ I like their aesthetic, it's classy and a nice change from the garish and ugly head shops. "The Joint" is the prime offender in that regard.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan