HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 1:41 AM
BANNED

Could someone make another goddamn thread about Calgary?

Because I (and I don't think I'm alone here) say we don't have enough!

Any suggestions? What this forum needs is more threads about Calgary Wedding Locations and Calgary Aldermans. What's next? "Calgary bath houses"? Jesus Christ, give it a rest!

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 1:48 AM
Still optimistic

They roam the streets, jumping on unsuspecting passer-byes,
they terrorize the neighbourhoods and they never forget...

... TO KILL!!!!

calgary urban cows!

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 2:31 AM

Perhaps if projects didn't get cancelled and rumours ever materialized after 4 months, Edmonton could have it's own threads.

Seems pretty simple;

If you have something to talk about, start a thread.

If you don't have an interest in a thread about Calgary, don't read it.

If an Edmonton-based thread is pushed down the list by a Calgary-based thread, but there's still something to talk about in the Edmonton thread, it will make it's way back up to the top and push the Calgary thread down.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 2:54 AM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootch View Post
Because I (and I don't think I'm alone here) say we don't have enough!

Any suggestions? What this forum needs is more threads about Calgary Wedding Locations and Calgary Aldermans. What's next? "Calgary bath houses"? Jesus Christ, give it a rest!
Did somebody from Calgary piss in your cornflakes this morning?

Oh, wait, you're always like this...

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 3:00 AM
BANNED

There's also a large Edmonton-centric forum @ www.connect2edmonton.com that collects a lot of the topics Calgarians are discussing here. SSP is for developments and transit only, everything else goes to c2e for myself and likely for the multitude of crossposting members.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 3:26 AM

Me&You sums it up pretty well. Currently the only important Edmonton threads being "kept down" are the YEG thread, and the new cranes thread. If there's nothing to talk about and there is a huge need to keep the threads near the top, ask for them to be stickied. There's probably a point where there would be too many stickies though.

To his credit though, Hootch does make a good point. For some reason there has been a lot of Calgary threads created recently, some of which I think have little relevance. Not only that, there have been some threads created which could have easily been made more inclusive to the entire Alberta section, such as the occupations thread. Also, there seems to be at least a couple of Calgary Transit related threads that should have gone in the stickied transit thread.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 3:47 AM
Majestic

^ I agree.

Flickr

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 3:51 AM
BANNED

I'm not bashing Calgary, I like it and I grew up there, but frink summed up perfectly here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinkprof View Post
For some reason there has been a lot of Calgary threads created recently, some of which I think have little relevance. Not only that, there have been some threads created which could have easily been made more inclusive to the entire Alberta section, such as the occupations thread. Also, there seems to be at least a couple of Calgary Transit related threads that should have gone in the stickied transit thread.
And couldn't the LRT Underground thread go in the Calgary Transit one? It just says "LRT Underground" and doesn't even bother to mention what city it's for, as if the forum has become so inundated with Calgary stuff that it was unnecessary.

It's not like it's ruining my posting experience here or anything, but it's an annoyance I could do without. I'm sure the Calgary forumers would be annoyed too, so please put your "Wedding Locations" threads in your city discussion is just a suggestion. I'm not trying to be a forum nazi or anything, but seriously, it's getting ridiculous and alot of people agree with me.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 3:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootch View Post
I'm not bashing Calgary, I like it and I grew up there, but frink summed up perfectly here:

And couldn't the LRT Underground thread go in the Calgary Transit one? It just says "LRT Underground" and doesn't even bother to mention what city it's for, as if the forum has become so inundated with Calgary stuff that it was unnecessary.

It's not like it's ruining my posting experience here or anything, but it's an annoyance I could do without. I'm sure the Calgary forumers would be annoyed too, so please put your "Wedding Locations" threads in your city discussion is just a suggestion. I'm not trying to be a forum nazi or anything, but seriously, it's getting ridiculous and alot of people agree with me.
I do agree about the number of threads with topics like the "Wedding Locations" and the redundancy of the "LRT Underground". However, these topics are shunned in the Calgary Construction thread, as (initially) was any food/dining talk.

Perhaps Calgary and Edmonton should have O/T threads, possibly stickied, to keep ALL threads on topic and the random-daily-thoughts contained.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 4:00 AM

I'll be sure to save any comments I make or threads I start only for either all-inclusive topics, or those covering areas of development and transit.

I for one know how difficult it is to skim over a topic that doesn't interest me.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 4:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&You View Post
I do agree about the number of threads with topics like the "Wedding Locations" and the redundancy of the "LRT Underground". However, these topics are shunned in the Calgary Construction thread, as (initially) was any food/dining talk.

Perhaps Calgary and Edmonton should have O/T threads, possibly stickied, to keep ALL threads on topic and the random-daily-thoughts contained.
O/T threads? I'm no message board expert, but it would seem that would be necessary for only highly active boards, where separation is required to keep things organized... but this place?? I don't think the activity warrants that.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 4:10 AM

At the risk of opening a can of worms, a local Calgary subforum could have been a solution for this.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 4:24 AM
Majestic

Adding a catch-all OT thread for each city might be a solution. Certainly better than forum spam. It would be good if forumers exercised some restraint and judgement as well... is it really necessary to have two threads about calgary transit outside of the main transit thread? You could always ask about the topic again and check for responses... if nobody does, it's probably because it doesn't interest anyone enough to post and/or nobody has an answer or comment.

Flickr

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 7:40 AM
Urbis Maximus

Wtf????

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 2:02 PM
GT Champion

beep bop zap

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 2:25 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bound View Post
At the risk of opening a can of worms, a local Calgary subforum could have been a solution for this.
OH SNAP! I was wondering who was going to throw that grenade into the middle of the debate!

Edit: I am Bender, plese insert girder.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 2:31 PM
Hypnotized

It's a forum. People are allowed to make threads with some relevance.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 2:33 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Am I the only one extremely tempted to create another thread called:

"Another Goddamned Thread About Calgary!"

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 3:22 PM
brento79

Back off people, let the conversations flow. Edmonton used to do this alot as well, especially before there was a connect2edmonton website.

Just make sure you reference the city in your title please.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Am I the only one extremely tempted to create another thread called:

"Another Goddamned Thread About Calgary!"

nope.

first thing i thought of doing.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation