HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 2:30 AM

March 6 2018 pictures...

^^^^ Exterior installation started and forms coming off columns.

^^^^ 20th floor columns up.

^^^^ Excavation continues.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 5:27 AM

Walked down to river landing today to see the development and damn, highly recommend people go out to see in person as once you look up from the river walk below it looks incredible. These towers are sexy, and you can only invision how incredible the office Tower will be. Looks like the office Tower will be right along the sidewalk too. When you see the struggle Regina’s going through with Capital Pointe and you compare Winnipeg’s Alt Hotel to ours, we are damn lucky for this development. Huge kudos.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 4:15 PM

That view coming over the Buckwold Bridge has a whole new wow factor. Will get so much better as this site builds out.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2018, 12:13 AM

March 8, 2018 pictures:

^^^^ Office parkade crane base going in today.

^^^^ Getting deeper

^^^^ Appears to be a window wall as expected, not a curtain wall. (I do recall reading in some places about a curtain wall for this building.) There is no glass installed yet... just the frames. Looks like spots for ventilation at the tops of some frames.

^^^^ Forms installed for roof. So it is basically at full height now (except for mechanical).

Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 1:28 AM

Looks like it's peeking up through the skyline very greatly!

Old Posted Mar 13, 2018, 10:47 PM

Welcome to the forum OtakuWeebster!

Today I saw them removing a segment from the red crane. Its on its way down.

I also saw them lift what appeared to be a very large motor up to the condo roof. I'm assuming it was for the elevators. Several of the workers were taking video... as if it was a milestone or a tricky lift or something.

Still no glass. I get the feeling it might be a while. I am anxious to see how it looks.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
Welcome to the forum OtakuWeebster!

Today I saw them removing a segment from the red crane. Its on its way down.

I also saw them lift what appeared to be a very large motor up to the condo roof. I'm assuming it was for the elevators. Several of the workers were taking video... as if it was a milestone or a tricky lift or something.

Still no glass. I get the feeling it might be a while. I am anxious to see how it looks.
Red crane was halfway down the hotel tower on my way to work this morning, i expect it to be assembled in its new spot by this weekend or next for sure? correct me if im wrong.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
Red crane was halfway down the hotel tower on my way to work this morning, i expect it to be assembled in its new spot by this weekend or next for sure? correct me if im wrong.
Man I don't think so. I think it will be closer to a month. the last pictures of the parkade that Alt_center put up didnt look nearly deep enough. Maybe thats just my perception though.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 4:18 PM

Looking good Sask!

So based on the rendering on the first page, the tallest building is yet to come?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 4:20 PM

The red crane will be erected at the office tower site before the parkade is fully excavated. It won't be erected full height, however, and will have at least one lift required during office tower construction.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizzy82 View Post
Looking good Sask!

So based on the rendering on the first page, the tallest building is yet to come?
The overhead rendering on page one is somewhat misleading. The condo tower (lower left) has had floors added and will be taller than the first office tower (lower right) that is now beginning construction. If, or when, the second office tower (back middle) is constructed, it will be the tallest building on the site, perhaps the tallest in the city.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 4:30 PM

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
The overhead rendering on page one is somewhat misleading. The condo tower (lower left) has had floors added and will be taller than the first office tower (lower right) that is now beginning construction. If, or when, the second office tower (back middle) is constructed, it will be the tallest building on the site, perhaps the tallest in the city.
I dont see this being the tallest in the city or province, there will be another tower that will be built and itll be over 100m, before this north tower is completed. Thats just my opinion.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 2:13 AM

The red crane taken down at the hotel/condo is already being installed for the office tower.

You can see it when looking down 3rd Ave. This is going to be fun to watch.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
The red crane taken down at the hotel/condo is already being installed for the office tower.

I'm new to how this all works... why do you need a crane for the parkade? Or is it just being placed there now in anticipation for construction of the tower?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXE View Post
I'm new to how this all works... why do you need a crane for the parkade? Or is it just being placed there now in anticipation for construction of the tower?
The work involved for forming & pouring a parkade is fundamentally much like that required for a tower. There is still equipment, formwork, rebar and other materials that need to be flown in and out of the hole and moved around. Though it may be used intermittently beforehand, the idea is to start using the crane at the beginning of the parkade concrete work about mid-April.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 12:30 AM

March 16 2018 pics:

^^^^ Glass starting to go in. I was wrong when I thought it might be a while.

^^^^ Its hard (for me anyway) to really judge what colour the glass is. For me, it will require more glass to get an idea of whats its really going to look like.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 12:58 PM

I am surprised that the window panels on the condo portion are so "broken up". I thought the spans between the window frames would have been wider for more of an unobstructed view. I am sure it will still look awesome, but I will have to take a look at renderings again to see if in fact, the design presented was for the numerous windows?

I know it is nothing extremely "special", but I do like the window affect on the Alt hotel.

So excited to see the office tower rise above the ground, as it's design is quite unique to anything else existing in Saskatoon. And after seeing a report on the very low vacancy of Class A space, hoping the demand for this tower will encourage the final piece to River landing getting built within the next 5 years.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 1:11 PM

^Thanks a lot for the fine update! It looks like the penthouse level/20th floor has a higher ceiling, and it covers more of the floor plate than in the original renderings. It makes sense as local bigwigs would want to live there! (Including me. Although I'm not a bigwig. And I don't live there. Never mind;>)

Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post

thats the perfect view.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan