HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 25, 2013, 1:40 AM

A few years ago, one of the potential owners that wanted to move the Coyotes to Winnipeg also had proposed building a rink in Thunder Bay that would house the Jets farm team. Obviously a suitable facility would need to be built, but Thunder Bay would be a perfect spot for a Jets farm team. The city is too far east for 'dub' and too far west for the 'O'. An AHL team would be perfect.

One more thought... If it came to be that Saskatoon was deemed fit for an AHL team, I think the Oilers would also be in the hunt. Oklahoma City isn't exactly as stones throw from Edmonton! Maybe in a perfect world, Saskatoon could house an Oilers farm team and Regina could house the Jets. Good-bye Blades and Pats, but hello to brand new AHL inter-provincial rivalry!

Old Posted Oct 25, 2013, 8:07 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I think this rumour started from an opinion piece out of St. Johns about TNSE's reluctance to commit longer term to St. Johns. The article hypothesized about Thunder Bay as a likely destination but since that isn't realistic at the moment, people are thinking Saskatoon is more likely.

Baisically its a hypotethical ontop of a hypothetical.

St. Johns story:
http://www.thetelegram.com/Opinion/C...-says-it-all/1

Should also point out that the possability of the NHL in Saskatoon is decades away at best. Way too small of a city.
I created this topic after reading this thread.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan