HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 2:09 AM

Boston Pizza

I noticed that a construction crew is working in the space formerly occupied by Boston Pizza. Does anyone know if this will be another restaurant location or is the mall trying to remodel this space into a different storefront?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 4:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glparker4 View Post
I noticed that a construction crew is working in the space formerly occupied by Boston Pizza. Does anyone know if this will be another restaurant location or is the mall trying to remodel this space into a different storefront?
Formerly?! I just ordered from them a week or so ago and everything was fine. You're telling me the restaraunt packed it in since then?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHolmes View Post
Formerly?! I just ordered from them a week or so ago and everything was fine. You're telling me the restaraunt packed it in since then?
Yes, BP is gone. There is a construction fence around the patio area and the Boston Pizza signs have been removed. There were several construction guys there yesterday. I'll try to upload a photo.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 6:23 PM

This is weird. The location is still on their website. I wonder if it has anything to do with the new restaurant moving in?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 9:46 PM

Just walked past there and they are definitely open. The patio is closed but the restaurant is open.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 7:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diet Butcher View Post
Just walked past there and they are definitely open. The patio is closed but the restaurant is open.
I was at the BP on Friday.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 4:01 AM

They are open today. Perhaps they were closed temporarily to remodel and install a new sign.

Old Posted May 26, 2012, 4:03 PM

Target

Target officially announces Central City location...

Target bought the lease from Zellers in Central City, but hadn't officially announced that they were going to use it for a Target store (some of the leases that they purchased they were going to try to sell).

A press release from yesterday mentions Central City as a location for an upcoming Target store.

http://pressroom.target.ca/pr/tgt-en...da-229446.aspx

In another section of their website, where you can click to see if a Target is coming to your community, the Central City location isn't yet mentioned...

I also noticed that there is a development proposal sign in front of Central City mall. The proposal mentions new signage and landscaping (I can't remember the exact wording), maybe this is related to the new Target store...

Old Posted Jun 11, 2012, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theQ View Post
Target officially announces Central City location...

Target bought the lease from Zellers in Central City, but hadn't officially announced that they were going to use it for a Target store (some of the leases that they purchased they were going to try to sell).

A press release from yesterday mentions Central City as a location for an upcoming Target store.

http://pressroom.target.ca/pr/tgt-en...da-229446.aspx

In another section of their website, where you can click to see if a Target is coming to your community, the Central City location isn't yet mentioned...

I also noticed that there is a development proposal sign in front of Central City mall. The proposal mentions new signage and landscaping (I can't remember the exact wording), maybe this is related to the new Target store...
Yes it is. The proposal with Surrey already specifically indicates the store will become a Target store.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2012, 3:21 AM

signs are up for a trevor linden club 16 fitness gym at central city, sweet!

Old Posted Sep 2, 2012, 4:19 AM

Anyone a member of Club 16? How does it compare to Fitness World? I am satisfied with my FW membership, but may consider getting a Club 16 membership if there are classes. By virtue of its location, it will be much easier to secure a parking space at Surrey Club 16 over the Surrey Fitness World.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2012, 3:53 PM

Anyone know if there are actual Barbells and Squat Racks in Club 16's or if it is just dumbbells for free weights?

Old Posted Feb 18, 2013, 5:31 PM

got a peak into that asian restaurant opening there, it looks massive!

the new club 16 looks pretty basic, but busy enough, it should do well with the towers and student population

is there any plans for expansion of central city mall? seems like most of the mall is full except for that large retail spot near starbucks

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalley13 View Post
got a peak into that asian restaurant opening there, it looks massive!

the new club 16 looks pretty basic, but busy enough, it should do well with the towers and student population

is there any plans for expansion of central city mall? seems like most of the mall is full except for that large retail spot near starbucks
Along time back i remember hearing the mall owners originally wanted to add a theater to the mall. But i do not see this happening anymore. Central is likely as big as it will get. Guildford just had a huge expansion and with central area also being geared more towards being a walkable city centre making a mall bigger would go against that.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 5:10 AM

is the zellers still open? target says that store will open in the fall

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 5:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
is the zellers still open? target says that store will open in the fall
No it closed this past week. It says there is no mall access and I think the only thing they are still selling are the store shelves. They have also fenced off the area around Zellers as well as a large portion of the parking lot.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 6:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalleyboy View Post
Along time back i remember hearing the mall owners originally wanted to add a theater to the mall. But i do not see this happening anymore. Central is likely as big as it will get. Guildford just had a huge expansion and with central area also being geared more towards being a walkable city centre making a mall bigger would go against that.
Is there even any space where it could be expanded? Unless they build out into the parking lot, I think it's pretty much hemmed in by roads and buildings at this point.

In any case, there are still quite a few spots that remain empty in the current mall, so I doubt that it will need any expansion in the near future.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 6:42 PM

The mall doesn't need to get expanded anytime soon. There are a lot of B and C-lister stores in the mall which means rent is probably a bit lower than what they would like to charge. It doesn't make a good case to spend good money on expanding the mall yet.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 9:19 PM

they had expansion plans - they were going to expand into the parking where the brick and tim hortons entrance is

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 7:59 PM

Could also expand up. Honestly I would prefer them to expand up and add a third level, then compress the mall footprint a bit so they could densify it a bit more. Oh and get rid of all the damned surface parking.

Really though with the expansion of Guildford and some of the retail space being design around Surrey Central and King George stations, I don't think it is really required at this time. Guildford mall is actually quite close to Surrey Central even by current transit. You have 3-6 buses you can take that can get you there in 10 minutes. LRT would be nice but for people living in Surrey Central, Guildford is a viable alternative.

I still think we need a movie theater though...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley