HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted May 21, 2010, 8:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
A huge multi-storey banner has gone up on the front of the Plains advertising Capital Pointe.
I just saw that, it covers the whole south wall of the building. Its kinda funny because traffic is already slow on Albert St with all the construction, with this its making drivers go even slower looking up. lol

Old Posted May 21, 2010, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
A huge multi-storey banner has gone up on the front of the Plains advertising Capital Pointe.
pictures please

Old Posted May 25, 2010, 3:38 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike474 View Post
pictures please

Old Posted May 25, 2010, 3:58 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

wow thats going to be quite a change

Old Posted May 26, 2010, 5:56 AM
BANNED

Great news for the city, the bolded part is also exciting, stadium anyone?

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Regin...066/story.html

Quote:
Regina city council approves revised plan for Capital Pointe hotel and condo complex

By JOE COUTURE, Leader-Post May 25, 2010 10:57 PM Comments (1)

REGINA — The complex planned for the Plains Hotel site is to rise high into Regina's sky — and go deep into its ground.

City council approved Tuesday a revised plan for the Capital Pointe hotel and condo complex, which — counting the spire on top of its 26 storeys — will be the tallest structure in Regina.

And the plan has changed again since the new proposal went to the city's planning commission earlier this month.

Then, three underground parking levels — 130 stalls — were proposed. Now, the plan is for four levels — 268 spaces.

Chamberlain Architect Services' Jeremiah Edmonds, for developer Westgate Developments, said three were fine by bylaw, but four "will really work."

"A fourth floor will actually work quite well in the economic model," he said. "When (planning commission) mentioned (parking), we went back and said, 'Let's have a look at this.' We're glad we did."

Deeper actually is better as "you get down to a more stable soil," he said.

Demolition of the Plains will be in late summer or early fall, with construction to proceed after that.

"Now, you're going to see the sales centre open," Edmonds said.

"Council is absolutely thrilled," said Mayor Pat Fiacco. "How can you not be pleased with a new major development at one of the gateway entrances into the downtown?"

Council members noted expansion of the project's scope shows confidence in the city and city hall's downtown plan.

"We're going to see some major construction . . . downtown, not only with what we're doing as a city, but also on the private sector side," Fiacco said.

"And I have a suspicious feeling we're going to be hearing about other developments in the very near future."

Old Posted May 27, 2010, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
I love how they still have the Sushi bank signs up. You'd think with all the advertising they are doing they would paint that sign or turn it around.

Old Posted May 27, 2010, 3:06 AM

they were actually scrapping the sushi bank signs off this afternoon.

Old Posted May 27, 2010, 3:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaabik View Post
they were actually scrapping the sushi bank signs off this afternoon.
Nooooo!!!!

Old Posted May 27, 2010, 7:13 AM

Thanks for the picture Migs. Looks good

Old Posted May 28, 2010, 2:36 PM

Find us on Facebook - Capital Pointe Info Page

For more information re: Capital Pointe condominiums visit http://www.facebook.com/capitalpointe

Please suggest this page to anyone who you think may be interested in learning more about this amazing project. Stay tuned for updates as grand opening will be here before we know it!

Posted by Courtney Kozack and Sean Malcolm of Royal LePage.

Old Posted May 28, 2010, 7:09 PM

CP has a 1/2 page ad in the Globe and Mail today.

Old Posted May 31, 2010, 11:33 PM
Chilean like a villian

Two quick questions.

The ad said "Then, three underground parking levels — 130 stalls — were proposed. Now, the plan is for four levels — 268 spaces." so how did 1 extra parking level increase the number of spots to more than double from 130 to 268???

The banner says "Showrooms opening soon" so how can it be soon when the building isn't even built yet and the old building isn't even demolished yet??

I can kind of see a possible answer to question 2 but #1 is baffling me unless it's a typo.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 1:07 AM

Here's the full page advertisement from Saturday's L-P (May 29, 2010 C12). It looks like G&M's (May 28, 2010 A6) ad was similar.

Anyone know which weekend in June they're previewing? Are they preparing a show suite at their office location? Sorry, I'm not much of a facebook user so I can't say what's on their facebook page!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozacco View Post
For more information re: Capital Pointe condominiums visit http://www.facebook.com/capitalpointe
Quote:
Originally Posted by spictacular mcluvin View Post
... quick questions.

The ad said "Then, three underground parking levels — 130 stalls — were proposed. Now, the plan is for four levels — 268 spaces." so how did 1 extra parking level increase the number of spots to more than double from 130 to 268???
Good point S.M. I wonder if their original plan for parking levels used only a fraction of the building's floorplate and now they're expanding out to maximum property boundaries, or across property lines or under the streets. Didn't the basement level of the Bay used to seem to go on forever in a particular corner? I remember that level seemed to extend beyond the floor limits of the upper levels out to somewhere, making me feel like it was huge. (Or am I totally memory-deficient on that experience?! -- Edit: Oops! Sorry! I think that was the Bay's old location! ...)

Last edited by Scruff Bucket; Jun 1, 2010 at 1:27 AM.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 4:14 AM

Quote:
Two quick questions.

The banner says "Showrooms opening soon" so how can it be soon when the building isn't even built yet and the old building isn't even demolished yet??

I can kind of see a possible answer to question 2 but #1 is baffling me unless it's a typo.
Showrooms/sales centers are usually constructed near or on site as a place to see a full size mockup of a typical unit highlighting the materials and layouts. This is to give the prospective buyer an idea what the finished product would look like.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff Bucket View Post
Here's the full page advertisement from Saturday's L-P (May 29, 2010 C12). It looks like G&M's (May 28, 2010 A6) ad was similar.

Didn't the basement level of the Bay used to seem to go on forever in a particular corner? I remember that level seemed to extend beyond the floor limits of the upper levels out to somewhere, making me feel like it was huge. (Or am I totally memory-deficient on that experience?! -- Edit: Oops! Sorry! I think that was the Bay's old location! ...)
Yes the old Bay basement level extended all the way to Victoria Ave, under the old bay parkade. It was the furniture and electronics dept. When the parkade was demolished, the roof of the basement was severely damaged and big insurance claim resulted. In the end the extended basement was filled in, so Century Plaza that replaced the Bay no longer has that huge basement extension.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 6:51 PM

Ahh! Thanks, Stormer! I had always wondered about where that basement extension actually led out to, but the thought subsided after the Bay moved to the Cornwall Centre! I never considered that parkade would have a level below it and I never considered the orientation of the basement level layout relative to the parkade.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 7:39 PM

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing...
The (now, out of date) information I have shows 3 levels of parking, 205 parking spots and 130 hotel rooms. I'm guessing that there was a typo in the information that spictacular mcluvin is referencing.

There was an average of 68 parking spots per level in the older proposal; if they used the same layout for the new 4th below-ground floor it would make sense for the number of spots to jump from 205 to near 268.

Last edited by tenteno2; Jun 3, 2010 at 5:45 PM.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2010, 10:09 PM

I am surprised at the entry level price quoted on the banner of $199,000. That seems quite low unless they are going to have some studio or bachelor condos that are very small in sq footage. I would have thought minium, the low price would be pushing $350,000-$400,000.

It really looks like Regina is in for a major transformation in the next couple of year with all the tower projects announced. Good for you guys (I still hope that the new stadium will be open air though.....I know that is not a very popular opinion, but I love going to games that include a battle with the elements!)

Old Posted Jun 7, 2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
I am surprised at the entry level price quoted on the banner of $199,000. That seems quite low unless they are going to have some studio or bachelor condos that are very small in sq footage. I would have thought minium, the low price would be pushing $350,000-$400,000.

It really looks like Regina is in for a major transformation in the next couple of year with all the tower projects announced. Good for you guys (I still hope that the new stadium will be open air though.....I know that is not a very popular opinion, but I love going to games that include a battle with the elements!)
There will be studio/bachelor condos ($199,000) according to the plans submitted to the city. My guess is that the 1 bedroom condos will start at $275,000.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2010, 11:21 PM

Has anyone booked an appointment yet? They left a message on my voicemail today about booking an appointment. I can't wait to see the sales centre, but I've got couple of years of school to contend with before I go buying a condo. I don't want to be wasting their time with VIP early viewings when they could be talking to someone who actually has some cash! What I'm wondering is whether or not the sales centre will be open to the public after this weekend. I mean, I know that it will, but will it be by appointment only?

I remember someone here wanting to buy a unit to rent out...just so you know, I'm compulsively neat!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan