HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 4, 2017, 10:45 PM
New Yorker for life

From this angle, I can't tell which is higher, this one or Tower Verre. But you can clearly make out the facade placement wrapping the tower.

jaeseung

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl4069 View Post
Ok lets agree on how many stories have gone up above the cantilever as of today. What number do you want to call it? 14? 15? as of Sept 2 and next, lets resume this conversation on October 2nd. I predict in that time it will rise 2 stories. What number of stories do you want to settle on? thanks
What are you even babbling on about?

You made three previous claims, all absurd. First you claimed that this tower had slowed down from past months. Second, you claimed you had secret inside information regarding the financing package. Third you claimed that another tower, 111 W. 57, had stopped.

All three claims are absurd and easily disproven. Both towers are growing quickly, faster than in the past, nothing has stopped, and no one believe you have some top secret inside financial information. This is on top of your previous "bombshell" posts, where you make up random, trolling claims, easily disproven, and then disappear for months.

And now you want to make some weird "bet" about how many floors are going up in the next few weeks, as if that has anything to do with your three previous claims.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 2:47 AM

In the last pic NYGuy posted, you can even see 30 HY to the far right.... what a glorious view the MET rooftop will have by even next year

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 2:17 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscaper View Post
In the last pic NYGuy posted, you can even see 30 HY to the far right.... what a glorious view the MET rooftop will have by even next year
It's as if the skyline is in revolt, or on the verge of erupting. And still, most New Yorkers aren't even aware of how much the skyline is about to change.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 3:15 PM

I love how all these future mammoths that will tower over everything already built are merely peeking through now.

I'm really hoping CPT and Steinway won't be too far along before Vanderbilt starts to become visible. It would be so amazing to watch them all rise together.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 9:29 PM
New Yorker for life

SEPTEMBER 5, 2017

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 9:39 PM

Starting to tower and soar above! Great update!!

Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 2:35 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Sep 9, 2017, 12:14 AM
New Yorker for life

These towers have slowly snuck up to become a part of the pack, and will quietly overtake the pack to be some of the tallest in the city...

Michael Afar

Old Posted Sep 9, 2017, 3:15 AM

I think we are all going to look back at photos of the current skyline in a few years and feel it looks small, empty, and incomplete

Old Posted Sep 9, 2017, 4:06 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylkoorB View Post
I think we are all going to look back at photos of the current skyline in a few years and feel it looks small, empty, and incomplete
You're on to something there. For decades people have become accustomed to a skyline with the Empire State and the WTC acting as the two dominant forces on the skyline, taller than everything else and the symbol of the city's desire to rise skyward. That's already begun to change with the arrival of 432 Park. But that's nothing compared to the onslaught of towers that are under construction or planned that will change the skyline in ways it hasn't been before. There will be dominant towers in Brooklyn, Queens, and even Jersey City. Towers on the east side and the west side. Take in the skyline as it is now and savor it, because we only have a couple of years at best before it's a whole new ballgame. I'm excited to see how it all takes shape. Our skyline will be altered in ways and views you never expected. The familiar icons will still be there, but no longer the only show in town.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2017, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
You're on to something there. For decades people have become accustomed to a skyline with the Empire State and the WTC acting as the two dominant forces on the skyline, taller than everything else and the symbol of the city's desire to rise skyward. That's already begun to change with the arrival of 432 Park. But that's nothing compared to the onslaught of towers that are under construction or planned that will change the skyline in ways it hasn't been before. There will be dominant towers in Brooklyn, Queens, and even Jersey City. Towers on the east side and the west side. Take in the skyline as it is now and savor it, because we only have a couple of years at best before it's a whole new ballgame. I'm excited to see how it all takes shape. Our skyline will be altered in ways and views you never expected. The familiar icons will still be there, but no longer the only show in town.
What's even better is that the average person still probably has no idea how much things are about to change, outside of Hudson Yards. Even still, I'm not sure many people even realize just how big Hudson Yards is going to be. It's all going to happen rather quickly too. Soon Steinway, CPT, and Tower Verre willl be visible from all boroughs, and then when everyone starts getting used to them, one Vanderbilt will rise. Then all the sudden 9 Dekalb will rise and Brooklyn will now have a building taller than the Chrysler. I think that one is going to take people by surprise. Hopefully 45 Broad will follow shortly after. Meanwhile during all this, Hudson Yards explodes, and right next to it Manhattan West. And then of course there's 2 WTC, which nobody really knows when to expect that, and also a few other proposed supertalls, like the one on South st and another on 5th Ave. Did I miss any?

Old Posted Sep 9, 2017, 3:32 PM
BANNED

Quote:
These towers have slowly snuck up to become a part of the pack, and will quietly overtake the pack to be some of the tallest in the city...

Michael Afar

Mr. Bezos: Your new view awaits you!

Old Posted Sep 10, 2017, 1:53 AM
New Yorker for life

I wonder how long before people who spend time in the park will realize that New York's "tallest" building will be staring them in the face.

And imagine that the Steinway Tower will probably look like it won't stop growing. Can't wait.

Nick Pierce

Adam Lee

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 10, 2017 at 2:04 AM.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2017, 2:26 AM

Quote:
I wonder how long before people who spend time in the park will realize that New York's "tallest" building will be staring them in the face.

And imagine that the Steinway Tower will probably look like it won't stop growing. Can't wait.
It's funny, I was just in Sheep's Meadow today with a bunch of friends and someone pointed out and inquired about 220 CPS, saying it was totally dominating. I told them that they were condos, and they commented that they liked that it was classical-style building. I then proceeded to tell them that the building U/C behind 220 CPS (which they didn't even notice at first because it blends in with 220 CPS from that angle, also U/C) is gonna be taller than 1WTC and the tallest building in NY (by roof height) and their jaws basically dropped. I then pointed out super skinny 111 W57th street, and told them that that will also end up being taller than 1WTC. And they were amazed. I then commented on how funny it was that practically no one in NY is aware of it, and they chuckled. The conversation then drifted to the craziness happening at Hudson Yards.

It was great seeing their amazement, especially at "mere" 220CPS.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2017, 2:35 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscaper View Post
It's funny, I was just in Sheep's Meadow today with a bunch of friends and someone pointed out and inquired about 220 CPS, saying it was totally dominating. I told them that they were condos, and they commented that they liked that it was classical-style building. I then proceeded to tell them that the building U/C behind 220 CPS (which they didn't even notice at first because it blends in with 220 CPS from that angle, also U/C) is gonna be taller than 1WTC and the tallest building in NY (by roof height) and their jaws basically dropped. I then pointed out super skinny 111 W57th street, and told them that that will also end up being taller than 1WTC. And they were amazed. I then commented on how funny it was that practically no one in NY is aware of it, and they chuckled. The conversation then drifted to the craziness happening at Hudson Yards.

It was great seeing their amazement, especially at "mere" 220CPS.
Excellent. Keep up the good work. People don't pay attention to these things, and then it happens. Suddenly there's a giant skyscraper looming over you. Now they too can share in the knowledge of what is being built.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2017, 2:25 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

yeah, thats a great story. its funny, but i bet we all have probably had something similar to that conversation happen that from time to time.

i'm just glad you can finally clearly see the construction from the park views now. soon people will not be able to help but notice what is happening.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2017, 3:11 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

Quote:
Excellent...
I read that in my head with the voice of a hand-wringing evil scientist...

Bwahahaaaaah.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2017, 3:42 PM
Student

Does anyone maybe think the developers could pull a Chrysler and add a spire to the building even with the supposed change in the renders? Im not aware of how high the building can be built, whether it's 1550 feet or taller.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2017, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multi View Post
Does anyone maybe think the developers could pull a Chrysler and add a spire to the building even with the supposed change in the renders? Im not aware of how high the building can be built, whether it's 1550 feet or taller.
They could, of course, but we've been given no indication that they will. We'll have to wait.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive