HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted Dec 30, 2015, 2:17 PM

Condos in Hamilton

I am originally from Hamilton, relocated to the US for 5 years, and now am looking to re-establish a place back in Hamilton again. I am probably looking for a condo. I know there are some in the Madison, overlooking the brow near Concession and Upper Wentworth. I also saw a billboard this weekend for StoneChurch Residences. Does anyone know if these will actually happen or what the anticipated occupancy date is for these? The Madison I think only has one unit left facing east...I'd like west. But if I could ask, what other projects are on the go in 2016? I heard there is supposed to be some development on the brow at Scenic and Sanitorium. I'd like to stay on the mountain, preferably west of Upper James. Thank you in advance for your help.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2015, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada View Post
I know there are some in the Madison, overlooking the brow near Concession and Upper Wentworth. The Madison I think only has one unit left facing east...I'd like west.
Realtor.ca shows 7 units for sale in the Madison. You can see them here.

Quote:
I also saw a billboard this weekend for StoneChurch Residences. Does anyone know if these will actually happen or what the anticipated occupancy date is for these?
There isn't any info on the StoneChurch Residences yet. The sign popped up on the site a few months back, but there hasn't been any news since then. If you're looking to move soon, it most likely won't be built by then.

Quote:
I heard there is supposed to be some development on the brow at Scenic and Sanitorium.
There is a 4-storey condo building proposed there called Scenic Trails Condos. There hasn't been any news on it for the past year, and it is still in the registration phase. Again, if you are looking for something soon, chances are it won't be built yet. If you want to look into it more though, here is the project's website - starwardhomes.com/our-communities/scenic-trails

Quote:
But if I could ask, what other projects are on the go in 2016? I'd like to stay on the mountain, preferably west of Upper James.
If you are looking for a new build on the west mountain, it is going to be a suburban townhouse style condo. There hasn't been any multi-storey condo buildings built recently. realtor.ca maps out everything for sale in the area.

Here's a list of everything proposed, approved, and under construction in Hamilton that can help you out ---> HAMILTON | Development Thread

If you look below the mountain, you can find a lot more. Here's what I'd recommend...

Dundas District Lofts
- Construction was recently completed
- West of James/Upper James
- 10 minute drive to the 403 & the West Mountain/Ancaster
- Walkable neighborhood
- Here are a couple listings:
$474,900 | 1+1 Bedroom | 1 Bathroom
$564,900 | 2 Bedroom | 2 Bathrooms

Urban West Lofts
- Construction was recently completed
- The Queen Street mountain access is only a few blocks east
- Walkable neighborhood
- 2 minute drive to the 403
- Walking distance to the approved Light Rail Transit B-line
- Here are a couple listings:
$349,900 | 2 Bedrooms | 1 Bathroom
$474,990 | 2 Bedrooms | 2 Bathrooms

150 Main West Lofts
- Under construction, to be completed in 2016
- Directly in between the Queen Street and James Street mountain accesses
- 5 minute drive to the 403
- Walking distance to the recently built West Harbour GO Station
- Walking distance to the approved Light Rail Transit B-line
- Project Website: 150mainwest.com

Residences of the Royal Connaught
- Under construction, Phase 1 to be completed in 2016
- Directly in between the James Street and Jolley Cut mountain accesses
- 5 minute drive to the 403
- Walking distance to the recently built West Harbour GO Station
- Directly on the approved Light Rail Transit B-line
- Project Website: royalconnaught.com

Old Posted Dec 30, 2015, 6:40 PM

I'd go downtown. Your condo will appreciate quite a bit the next few years and there is so much to do downtown, almost all of it walking distance.

http://www.theconnolly.ca/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion