HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

OneEleven in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 8:52 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Are they adding to the Riverwalk under this tower?
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 11:14 PM

Yeah the new riverwalk project goes from State all the way around to Lake. The part across from this building will be amphitheater style steps.

I just walked by and confirmed they've definitely painted or clad the exposed cement columns in white now. Huge improvement.

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 12:27 PM
BANNED

5/25/14

It wouldn't surprise me if Related used a more expensive glass for the first few levels. It's not terrible from up close.

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 4:31 PM
dream fast

5/23

Old Posted May 28, 2014, 2:03 AM
dream fast

Old Posted May 28, 2014, 10:55 PM
dream fast

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 5:34 PM
BANNED

Have you guys seen the prices for this place? With such shitty floor plans? What a massive ripoff. Do they want to keep it 2/3 vacant or something?

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanrule View Post
Have you guys seen the prices for this place? With such shitty floor plans? What a massive ripoff. Do they want to keep it 2/3 vacant or something?
The floor plans are about as bad as I've ever seen. Not to mention they won't list the square footage with the unit. Then, the prices, lol. And no balconies! After living in a unit with no balcony for a year, I will never do it again. I felt like a caged animal. There are a number of new, luxury, apartment towers that have better, larger floor plans at a better rate. The location of this building is good, but not that good.

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemak27 View Post
The floor plans are about as bad as I've ever seen. Not to mention they won't list the square footage with the unit. Then, the prices, lol. And no balconies! After living in a unit with no balcony for a year, I will never do it again. I felt like a caged animal. There are a number of new, luxury, apartment towers that have better, larger floor plans at a better rate. The location of this building is good, but not that good.
Has anyone that folks here know signed a lease yet? If so, what is the move-in date?

They seem to be so pokey in the last few months - going real slow, especially on the amenities level. I have a birds-eye view from 161 N. Clark and no one seems to be moving fast at all. Also, whats up with the remaining curtainwall on the west side of the building (lower levels)?

Get moving faster, guys

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 7:41 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by takascar View Post
Has anyone that folks here know signed a lease yet? If so, what is the move-in date?

They seem to be so pokey in the last few months - going real slow, especially on the amenities level. I have a birds-eye view from 161 N. Clark and no one seems to be moving fast at all. Also, whats up with the remaining curtainwall on the west side of the building (lower levels)?

Get moving faster, guys
Welcome to construction.

Projects can move REALLY REALLY slow at times.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted May 30, 2014, 7:48 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemak27 View Post

I'm only able to see 3 or 4 of the floor plans on the website so far.....and agree - at least those are clearly nothing special.....but, there's bad floor plans, and then there's 1345 S Wabash bad.....here, it's just the former thus far, at worst.

I could not agree with you more regarding not listing the floor plan square footage....this will assuredly be a failed experiment, with my guess being such in fairly short order. This is a 'big' (read: dumb) idea that some developers/owners think they've stumbled onto: that millennial renters don't care so much how large a unit technically is - you know, on paper, with numbers and such. It is a real curiosity - and a somewhat amusing one at that - that a developer as large and prominent as Related would fall for this assessment, despite it's obvious surface-level (and just as obviously illusory) appeal in terms of margin padding. The market will not accept this - not in the least. This actually runs precisely counter to the order of the day - greater transparency, more, better, and more detailed information, all with increasing accessibility, etc. Despite this not being in the profit maximization interest of a developer/landlord such as Related, it certainly is the way of the future....

Related I think likely just took on some really bad advice, as far as marketing the launch of unit rentals here. "Studies show that millennials assign weight to x, y, and z, and less to a, b, c which gen x stresses, and the dollar signs probably filled the part of the execs' brains where critical thinking, analysis and logic presumably would typically reside, and thus really laughably bad conclusion(s) drawn.........millennial gen is different - yes, but not unsophisticated and any easier scam 'marks' than previous generations - and my guess is perhaps they even make it more difficult to get 'taken'....

Last edited by SamInTheLoop; May 30, 2014 at 10:30 PM.

Old Posted May 31, 2014, 11:51 AM

May 30th

Old Posted May 31, 2014, 12:42 PM

212 W Illinois - May 30th

..wt..

Old Posted May 31, 2014, 3:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
I'm only able to see 3 or 4 of the floor plans on the website so far.....and agree - at least those are clearly nothing special.....but, there's bad floor plans, and then there's 1345 S Wabash bad.....here, it's just the former thus far, at worst.

I could not agree with you more regarding not listing the floor plan square footage....this will assuredly be a failed experiment, with my guess being such in fairly short order. This is a 'big' (read: dumb) idea that some developers/owners think they've stumbled onto: that millennial renters don't care so much how large a unit technically is - you know, on paper, with numbers and such. It is a real curiosity - and a somewhat amusing one at that - that a developer as large and prominent as Related would fall for this assessment, despite it's obvious surface-level (and just as obviously illusory) appeal in terms of margin padding. The market will not accept this - not in the least. This actually runs precisely counter to the order of the day - greater transparency, more, better, and more detailed information, all with increasing accessibility, etc. Despite this not being in the profit maximization interest of a developer/landlord such as Related, it certainly is the way of the future....

Related I think likely just took on some really bad advice, as far as marketing the launch of unit rentals here. "Studies show that millennials assign weight to x, y, and z, and less to a, b, c which gen x stresses, and the dollar signs probably filled the part of the execs' brains where critical thinking, analysis and logic presumably would typically reside, and thus really laughably bad conclusion(s) drawn.........millennial gen is different - yes, but not unsophisticated and any easier scam 'marks' than previous generations - and my guess is perhaps they even make it more difficult to get 'taken'....
Look at this 2 bed. you drop 4k a month for that.

Old Posted May 31, 2014, 4:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post

Can you point me to a recent related building in chicago that isnt a piece of shit? Did they get some boomer age management in the past 5-10 years? Seems like it.

Old Posted May 31, 2014, 4:33 PM
you know where I'll be

^ I guess it depends what you mean by recent? Count me as an unambiguous fan of 340 on the Park.......but, yeah - please don't mistake me for any sort of Related apologist.......they need to step it up, but my near term hopes for that have been dashed simply because of their asinine selection of the insufferably talentless and designophobic Robert AM Stern for their next tower.

^^ No doubt - that's small for the price

Old Posted May 31, 2014, 4:39 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by takascar View Post

Get moving faster, guys

I actually think they're picking it up a bit now as July 1 will be here in the blink of the eye - went past in the last couple hours and they were busy at work on a Saturday morning on the lower level(s) glazing and facade.

If you want to look at really painfully slow progress in a project's final stages, check out the AMLI lofts in the South Loop. That one is absolutely ridiculous. No visible activity on the exterior this morning to boot.......quite strange in that they could have clearly opened it by now (remember too that the South Loop has had no deliveries to date in this rental market cycle!), but at the current pace, it seems to me they'll be lucky to have it open by the end of September......

Last edited by SamInTheLoop; May 31, 2014 at 4:52 PM.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2014, 2:14 PM
dream fast

6-2

Old Posted Jun 4, 2014, 2:30 PM

Thanks for the updates as always George.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanrule View Post
Look at this 2 bed. you drop 4k a month for that.

Ugh, that column placement in the living area is rough.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2014, 2:50 PM

Master bedrooms that have tiny closets, no balconies, and second bedrooms that aren't even 100 square feet?

I pity the fool who leases this and pays around $4000 a month for it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive