HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 8:07 PM

^ I agree with that Simplicity. Tuesday nights in Florida were never that entertaining.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
TSN made the point that the viewership was so nominal it almost wasn't worth running it. I presume this is because of people's unwillingness to pay a premium to watch a discount team. In any case, this is most of the reason we're all familiar with products like the Bacon Wave and Zoomies; nowhere else was commercial time so cheap. It's likely TSN will average more viewers leading to greater advertising scores. I hope that's the case. I like the idea of not shelling out the cash monthly to watch a lot of games barely worth watching...
A reasonable post explaining your opinion on the TSN/Jets channel and removing the pay to watch fee.

Otherwise, the bolded ruined a good post. Not a Jets fan? that's ok, not everyone is. Curious, Maple Leaf fan?

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 8:55 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
^ I agree with that Simplicity. Tuesday nights in Florida were never that entertaining.
I agree.

I hated watching Tampa Bay, Florida and Carolina games too.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 9:02 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
TSN made the point that the viewership was so nominal it almost wasn't worth running it. I presume this is because of people's unwillingness to pay a premium to watch a discount team.
Where did TSN make that point? Was there an article somewhere?

People who have Bell were not charged any separate subscription fee for TSN Jets.

In order to offer TSN Jets, MTS and Shaw were forced to pay Bell a fee to broadcast the channel, and charged their customers a monthly fee for the specialty channel.

And speaking for myself personally, I paid for TSN Jets and watched nearly every game. I would consider myself a fan of the team. Based on your post, I can only assume you are not.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 9:40 PM

The fee Bell, the owner of TSN, was charging to Shaw and MTS for TSN Jets was a classic anti-competitive move meant to incentive customers switching to the Bell satellite service.

Many people saw through this and found ways around buying into that non-sense.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 10:06 PM

Although I was not keen on paying for TSN Jets, I did. Yeah, you get all the games that may not be that entertaining. But you also get all the games that are awesome hockey. Even with a sub par team.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Where did TSN make that point? Was there an article somewhere?

People who have Bell were not charged any separate subscription fee for TSN Jets.

In order to offer TSN Jets, MTS and Shaw were forced to pay Bell a fee to broadcast the channel, and charged their customers a monthly fee for the specialty channel.

And speaking for myself personally, I paid for TSN Jets and watched nearly every game. I would consider myself a fan of the team. Based on your post, I can only assume you are not.
This was on TSN 1290 - during the 3:00 hour Hustler was talking about the move to free with Westwood. They were going through the reasons I presume were given to them by the parent company.

And I am a Jets fan. I paid for the channel up until the last month. Did the same last year. Frankly, it was one of the only things on. But as it started to get to a point where there were no playoff hopes, I realized I wasn't watching anymore anyway, so I cancelled it. If it were still pay to play, I'd probably order it again. But I'm obviously in the minority. I thought it was still a good value in consideration of what I might pay to watch them live.

I'm not ragging on the team. They are what they are and that's not very competitive. If people are deciding where their money goes on a month-to-month basis, these sorts of discretionary things get cut; especially if it's not a difficult decision. I think TSN is doing the right thing. They'll expand their audience and people like me might watch even if it's late in the season and the team's out of the running...

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 4:43 PM

Pavelec Back in Town....

Question asked:

What did he change this summer?

"That’s my secret," said Pavelec with a smile.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...urce=d-tiles-1

Why am I worried already?

Old Posted Sep 10, 2014, 9:04 PM

Wheeler says Kane unfairly picked on once again over lighthearted tweet

It begins again...

Source:

Well on the positive side, we do have a team to critique. I love the CFL and there is the Gold Eyes, But you can't take away the NHL for real big time controversy.. I mean It's Twitter!

Old Posted Sep 10, 2014, 10:17 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

In all fairness, Kane really needs to step up to the plate and become a leader if he wants to stay with the Jets, and it seems that he's not all enthused about it right now.

Or, this is Wheeler's and Kane's way to "troll" the fanbase, which is a terrible way to do so.

Either way, the NHL season couldn't come any sooner.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2014, 10:25 PM

Hard to believe the pre-season is only 12 days away! Can't wait either!

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 5:41 PM

It's finally arrived. I need a distraction from the impending feeling of doom I'm getting from the BB's.

Jets open up their seven-game 2014-15 exhibition schedule Monday night at MTS Centre against the Minnesota Wild.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 9:33 PM

MTS Centre renovations have expanded restaurant and lounge areas

Lineups to buy a beer or use the washroom are going to be a lot shorter on the 300 level of the MTS Centre this hockey season.

True North Sports & Entertainment spent $6 million this summer upgrading the building, highlighted by the addition of two new restaurant/lounge areas, The Tower and Heroes, as well as an expanded Observation Deck Bar & Buffet.

Kevin Donnelly, senior vice-president at True North, said the investment was made to coincide with the renewal of season ticket holders on the 300 level following the completion of the 2013-14 season.

It’s hoped the 65 per cent increase in washroom capacity for the upper deck – men’s fixtures increased from 36 to 75 while women’s were upped from 44 to 57 – will significantly reduce arguably the main complaint on the 300 level.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...urce=d-tiles-1

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 11:44 AM

was @ game last night and renovations on 300 level are nice. 2 big new bar areas and lots of area to stand around there instead of crowding up the concourse. unfortunately people weren't doing that, but it'll come with time. both times went to washroom with son, lineups were not too bad, so the increase in urinals appear to have helped with that. nice fit and finishings in those bar areas, ceramic tiles, blue neon lights, lots of tv screens.

good job True North! radio said they have spent $15 million on building since Jets come back and will spend a total of $40 mil by 2020. every off season work will be done. new score clock, dressing room improvements, etc.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 6:17 PM

^ Didn't attend but enjoyed the game nevertheless via TSN.

Looks like some nice additions as per photos/videos I've seen. Curious if the 300 level seems more open/spacious with the renovations made.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
^ Didn't attend but enjoyed the game nevertheless via TSN.

Looks like some nice additions as per photos/videos I've seen. Curious if the 300 level seems more open/spacious with the renovations made.
if people stop hanging out in concourse and migrate to these areas, it will appear more spatious

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 7:59 PM

I was at the game last night, didn't make it up to 300 level. New jets store sure looked nice! I'm going to suspect the tan paint with green seats won't be lasting much longer, if there's another $25+ million going to be spent. It's almost like a theming of the arena. Changing everything over to jets branding takes some time.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2014, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I I'm going to suspect the tan paint with green seats won't be lasting much longer, if there's another $25+ million going to be spent. It's almost like a theming of the arena. Changing everything over to jets branding takes some time.
I'd be happy with this change. $25 M is a lot of coin. I know the expansion of seating will take a fair chunk.
But irregardless, ongoing improvements.

If you have a chance to sneak up to the 300 level next time, let me know what you think.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2014, 5:44 PM

My season tix are up there. I'll let you know after the home opener!

Old Posted Sep 24, 2014, 6:08 PM

Thanks.

Take pics if possible..But concentrate on taunting opposing players.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan