HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 31, 2008, 6:22 PM
Vancouver Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
When and where has there ever been mention of an additional Fraser River crossing between the Patullo and the Port Mann? Once the Port Mann is replaced, there will not be enough demand to support a third crossing in the area.

Whether the Patullo is replaced or upgraded, the existing route still makes the most sense considering the other transportation plans. The SFPR will connect at the eastern section of the bridge. Not to mention the planned Stormont Connector in Burnaby connecting McBride to Cariboo/Gaglardi.

Moving the bridge to any other location (especially Sapperton) without direct access to McBride would make it nearly impossible to provide a direct link to Hwy 1 in Burnaby.

Likewise, connecting it back to the main roads on the Surrey side would be just as challenging.
According to CKNW, they are considering to build a bridge over the Sapperton bar, which could possible replace the Pautello Bridge.

We could possibly be seeing something like this (orange is freeway type road, blue is upgraded existing roads [and most of these are planned already])

Quote:
If the region is looking to add more bridges, I'd like to see Boundary Road crossing the Fraser River and connecting with Highway 91 in Richmond. (My idea, it's never been a proposal as far as I know...)
I always visioned a bridge from Main Street to Shell Road. =P

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure