HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 8:55 PM
Monsieur Sainte-Nitouche

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Curious to see what he says in response. I can't really comment based on nothing but a Twitter post. If true then he's in trouble. I wouldn't put it past his detractors making this up though.
Well, someone could go check the "morgue" of back copies of that newspaper. You can't fake that and back in 2000 no one could have predicted he'd have a career in politics, much less become PM.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 9:13 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Well, someone could go check the "morgue" of back copies of that newspaper. You can't fake that and back in 2000 no one could have predicted he'd have a career in politics, much less become PM.
That's true. I meant more so if it was photoshopped or something. But this does feed into the whole debate about punishment without proof. Like I said I'm curious to see what comes of this.

https://clockzillakingoflaval.tumblr.com

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 9:18 PM
Monsieur Sainte-Nitouche

Quote:
That's true. I meant more so if it was photoshopped or something. But this does feed into the whole debate about punishment without proof. Like I said I'm curious to see what comes of this.
The veracity of that newspaper editorial is something that is easily checked. I assume someone is already on that right now.

As for the rest...

Old Posted Jun 8, 2018, 4:26 AM
Fake News

An unsettling look into the minds of Incels:

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cu...&kwp_1=1203068

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 7:11 PM
Fake News

Since we’ve had so many discussions about him I thought it worth sharing this rare moment when Jordan Peterson admits there is no difference between refusing to bake a wedding cake for a black couple and refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple:

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/n...vicenewscafbca

Last edited by O-tacular; Jun 22, 2018 at 8:37 PM.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Since we’ve had so many discussions about him I thought it worth sharing this rare moment when Jordan Peterson admits there is no difference between refusing to bake a wedding cake for a black couple and refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple:

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/n...vicenewscafbca
I see Vice is still butthurt over being caught editing their interview with Peterson to make it think that they "defeated" him. The headline on this article is more of the same.

Watch Jim Jefferies Finally Shut Up Jordan Peterson

That guy never shut up Peterson at all. Peterson reflected for a moment and admitted that maybe he was wrong. Unlike the people constantly attacking him he can admit when he's wrong.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 9:28 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
I see Vice is still butthurt over being caught editing their interview with Peterson to make it think that they "defeated" him. The headline on this article is more of the same.

Watch Jim Jefferies Finally Shut Up Jordan Peterson

That guy never shut up Peterson at all. Peterson reflected for a moment and admitted that maybe he was wrong. Unlike the people constantly attacking him he can admit when he's wrong.
That is the only time I have ever seen him on tape admitting that he was wrong about anything. I commend him for it. Hopefully upon further reflection he will realize that what to him are words, can be incredibly damaging to marginalized groups of people.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 1:52 AM

^If you spent less time virtue signalling and more time actually listening to people, this wouldn't have come as a surprise to you.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 4:01 AM
SUSPENDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awesomesauce View Post
^If you spent less time virtue signalling and more time actually listening to people, this wouldn't have come as a surprise to you.

Thats a Bingo......

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 4:53 AM
Keep yo pimp hand strong

Quote:
That is the only time I have ever seen him on tape admitting that he was wrong about anything. I commend him for it. Hopefully upon further reflection he will realize that what to him are words, can be incredibly damaging to marginalized groups of people.
The only "marginalized" groups in question with Peterson are those who believe they're one gender trapped in the body of another. If you understood his argument you wouldn't be complaining about his "damaging" words.

In fact, if not for the nonsense the radical left is manufacturing about him, there's nothing offensive or damaging about anything Peterson says.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 5:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
The only "marginalized" groups in question with Peterson are those who believe they're one gender trapped in the body of another. If you understood his argument you wouldn't be complaining about his "damaging" words.

In fact, if not for the nonsense the radical left is manufacturing about him, there's nothing offensive or damaging about anything Peterson says.
His arguments are transphobic bigotry.

Dressing up the view that "white people are superior" in intellectualism wouldn't change the fact that the viewpoint itself is racist as f**k and shouldn't be tolerated. Transphobia is no different.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 5:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1overcosc View Post
His arguments are transphobic bigotry.

Dressing up the view that "white people are superior" in intellectualism wouldn't change the fact that the viewpoint itself is racist as f**k and shouldn't be tolerated. Transphobia is no different.
Have you actually watched his videos or are you just spouting off the usual talking points that his detractors use?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 6:09 AM
SUSPENDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post

You see it and understand whats going on....Thank you.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 7:08 AM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
Have you actually watched his videos or are you just spouting off the usual talking points that his detractors use?
Yes, we've watched his videos. And yes we've come to be familiar with his sleight of hand where he waves away questions on his preposterous claims with ridiculous task-setting like "read this 1,000 page book, you'll have to read all of it for it to make sense." If it isn't obvious, he can't say that he actually read the book that he's tasking the person calling him on his claims.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 7:10 AM

Quote:
I have. He's a transphobic bigot. I'll agree that the charges of racism and homophobia aren't really founded (although he really could do a better job at picking his words to avoid those!)

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 7:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelebes View Post
Yes, we've watched his videos. And yes we've come to be familiar with his sleight of hand where he waves away questions on his preposterous claims with ridiculous task-setting like "read this 1,000 page book, you'll have to read all of it for it to make sense." If it isn't obvious, he can't say that he actually read the book that he's tasking the person calling him on his claims.
I've never seen him do that despite watching a ton of his videos and interviews. He cites peer-reviewed A-ranked journals and his opponents counter with manufactured nonsense that they think will advance their cause. There's a reason why he's being attacked so vigorously and it has nothing to do with him being wrong. The people he's calling out are scared shitless that he might end their academic scam. I hope he and Lindsay both win their lawsuits. I only wish they were seeking much higher damages. She should have gone for at least $10 million.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 7:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1overcosc View Post
I have. He's a transphobic bigot. I'll agree that the charges of racism and homophobia aren't really founded (although he really could do a better job at picking his words to avoid those!)
Calling out the people using transgendered individuals to advance their own cause does not make him a transphobic bigot. A lot of transgendered people support him because they do not believe the crap rainbow clubs, etc. are peddling and they want to be treated as individuals.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 7:38 AM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
I've never seen him do that despite watching a ton of his videos and interviews. He cites peer-reviewed A-ranked journals and his opponents counter with manufactured nonsense that they think will advance their cause. There's a reason why he's being attacked so vigorously and it has nothing to do with him being wrong. The people he's calling out are scared shitless that he might end their academic scam. I hope he and Lindsay both win their lawsuits. I only wish they were seeking much higher damages. She should have gone for at least $10 million.
I'm glad you could nod your head throughout the videos of his lectures. It sounds like you were entertained.

Last edited by Xelebes; Jun 23, 2018 at 4:54 PM.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 3:59 PM
Fake News

Quote:
I'm glad you could nod your head throughout the videos out of his lectures. It sounds like you were entertained.
It must be like going to church. Jordan martyrs himself on behalf of all angry, persecuted, straight white dudes. It’s never been more dangerous to be us!

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 6:25 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you could nod your head throughout the videos of his lectures. It sounds like you were entertained.
Interesting comment. Thanks for proving my point.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada