HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 10:41 PM

This place is dead.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Jun 11, 2018, 10:38 AM

I sadly lack the time these days to fully support general, transport and stadium/arena projects in London. Having so many projects as well doesn’t help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
I do wonder what happens to some of these, especially North Greenwich, when the Canary Wharf office market is about to get knee capped by Brexit. It at least turns them all into empty investment properties, rather than homes for European bankers on assignment to London.
Uncertainty is never helpful, but for perspective London’s vacancy rates are the joint second lowest (with Hong Kong, pipped by Tokyo) of the 26 major cities covered in JLL’s Global Market Perspective; at 5.1% it is half that of New York, and a third of Los Angeles or Chicago. Last year (i.e. post-referendum), London outstripped all other cities for commercial real estate investment, 25% more than New York. Employment remains strong, but there are without a doubt issues surrounding prime residentials which has become saturated and is clearly an issue facing a lot of the developments in the Battersea-Nine Elms-Vauxhall corridor.

New London Model
1:2000 scale interactive model covering 85 square kilometres spanning from Kings Cross (north) to Peckham (south), and Old Oak Common (west) and the Royal Docks (east). The model covers 170,000 buildings and is free to view at the Building Centre on Store Street, just off Tottenham Court Road.

White buildings are those which are either under construction, proposed or in planning. Pictures are my own.

Royal Docks foreground

North Greenwich and Canary Wharf behind

Battersea – Nine Elms – Vauxhall

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations