HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 4:50 PM

Regina Roads and Infrastructure

I searched and there is no thread dedicated to this. I thought a new thread would allow posters to go a bit deeper on this topic without clogging up the main construction thread.

To start things off, what do posters think about Regina's major summer projects on the main arterials. Vic, Ring Road and Lewvan were all severely restricted and the City drew lots of criticism from drivers. We all know construction is necessary, but does the City sufficiently consider the delays to drivers, especially on arterials?

My thoughts:

Lewvan: The curb work for some reason took months. It seemed like an insignificant job. Paving was faster, but the project still took 4+ months. Not acceptable in my view for a main arterial. At least they tried lane reversals - good for them.

Victoria: Repaving on the east side seemed to be completed quickly, although I am not out there often. The median and sidewalk re-hab between Albert and Cornwall has taken all summer and is not really close to being completed. This is not acceptable in my opinion. Vic will be mostly shut down again next summer for the Cornwall to Broad stretch.

Ring Road South: This was an epic blunder in my view. Rather than waiting for the Regina Bypass to open next month, they chose to shut down half the TCH for the entire construction season. Semi's, summer tourists and through-traffic created massive traffic snarls that would have been avoided next year. Pure incompetence.

Have I missed some?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan