HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Dec 30, 2009, 11:19 PM

The NY towers by Daniel were nice when they were originally complete... They really did echo famous new york skyscrapers...

Then came along the Green "EMPIRE tower" which for me, destroyed everything... (it looked like crap!..and didn't go along nicely with the other silver towers)...

Then the ROCKEFELLER came along...

I don't like how they are situated away from Yonge Street... it kinda messes things up a little...

Old Posted Jan 1, 2010, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon716 View Post
^^^The comparison to Buckhead is slightly humorous, albeit interesting. Buckhead is an extension of downtown and midtown Atlanta, and its more like office park buildings and condos in a forest.

North York City Centre has as many buildings as the entire central core of Atlanta alone (downtown, midtown, buckhick combined) and its 8 miles north of Toronto's skyline. The central core of NYCC is very urban, and while it follows Yonge St its actually a very urban corridor that spans out a few blocks. I would argue that NYCC is as attractive as downtown Atlanta and is equally as urban (if not more) and is actually far more livable, yet its not part of the immediate Toronto urban central core.

In regards to the earlier discussion about someone saying its just a suburb, I agree, there isn't really a comparison in the US. I've been all over the US.. From Rosslyn across from Georgetown in DC to Bellevue in Seattle, the office parks around the SF Bay area. Jersey City... There really aren't many American comparisons to make. Canada simply builds cities differently. Rosslyn is nice, but its a joke compared to NYCC. Its truly a city onto itself.
atlanta/buckhead is pound for pound bigger then toronto. toronto has a bigger skyline because its the biggest city in canada.
if atlanta was the states biggest, fuck...it would have a cluster fuck of a skyline!

Old Posted Jan 25, 2010, 3:48 PM

Here's a render of the Hullmark Centre posted on Tridels's twitter page...

I have to say this is one of the most realistic renders i've seen!

Such a sweet building

It will by NYCC's tallest for a long time...

Old Posted Jan 25, 2010, 8:47 PM

Yikes...no offense but it looks a bit depressing in that area. And a little stuck in the 60's/70's.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 3:22 PM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveve View Post
The NY towers by Daniel were nice when they were originally complete... They really did echo famous new york skyscrapers...
It's all excruciatingly tacky and embarrassing. They're like cheap Jersey mafia wives trying to pass themselves off as Manhattan socialites. I don't know whether to laugh or gag. I shudder to think who lives in a place like that. "Would you like to see my crown mouldings? They're classy!"

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 4:01 PM
Reach for the Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOnt View Post
atlanta/buckhead is pound for pound bigger then toronto. toronto has a bigger skyline because its the biggest city in canada.
if atlanta was the states biggest, fuck...it would have a cluster fuck of a skyline!
Thank you for enlightening us.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2010, 6:35 PM
¥ ¥ ¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOnt View Post
Yeah, if Atlanta had 20 million people it probably would have a better skyline.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2011, 2:07 PM

I forget where I seen this stat., or whether it's accurate or not, but If you were to stick Toronto's metro area into the U.S, it would be the fourth largest population wise behind NYC, L.A and Chicago.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos