HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #12661  
Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 6:11 PM
Redddog Redddog is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
I foresee noticeable construction for at least 2-3 months beyond grand opening- a lot is incomplete right now considering they are 4 weeks out.
It's hard to know what the inside of the mall space looks like but from what is visible from the street, this looks waaaaay far from ready.

Does anyone have a picture of the proposed project of the Snellenberg garage on Chestnut? They're going to start demo on that any day now. I can't recall seeing a rendering of that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12662  
Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 7:22 PM
Londonee Londonee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fitler Square (via London)
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
I foresee noticeable construction for at least 2-3 months beyond grand opening- a lot is incomplete right now considering they are 4 weeks out.
I've said this before but I really think they need to try and nail this opening. They only have one chance at a first impression and if the outside of this building is still filthy, incomplete, under construction, etc. people will be turned off and the Negadelphian attack machine will go nuclear.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12663  
Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 8:28 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
It's hard to know what the inside of the mall space looks like but from what is visible from the street, this looks waaaaay far from ready.

Does anyone have a picture of the proposed project of the Snellenberg garage on Chestnut? They're going to start demo on that any day now. I can't recall seeing a rendering of that.
There were old renderings as part of the master plan, but they may have just been placeholders.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12664  
Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 11:32 PM
reparcsyks reparcsyks is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
I've said this before but I really think they need to try and nail this opening. They only have one chance at a first impression and if the outside of this building is still filthy, incomplete, under construction, etc. people will be turned off and the Negadelphian attack machine will go nuclear.
I have some bad news for you...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12665  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 1:30 AM
Jawnadelphia's Avatar
Jawnadelphia Jawnadelphia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phila., PA
Posts: 2,138
2100 Hamilton

Website is up -- not sure if that was mentioned here yet. But I saw on IG that Bock Development is advertising this building in local publications--game on.

“2100 Hamilton is a ‘beachfront’ building. The ‘ocean’ is the beautiful Benjamin Franklin Parkway. It’s unique.” -Cecil Baker

"29 LUXURY CONDOMINIUM RESIDENCES FROM $2.1 MILLION"


https://2100hamilton.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12666  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 2:00 AM
iheartphilly's Avatar
iheartphilly iheartphilly is online now
Philly Rising Up!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: motherEarth
Posts: 2,318
^
I wish it wasn't enveloped in glass. Looks out of place on the Parkway with all the stately museum buildings. Real stone veneer would of been a better choice and the design is unremarkable. You could pick this bldg up and put it in the Science Center/University City developments because there's so much resemblence to what has or is currently there. Minus the balconies and you got a box office bldg. Blah.

Last edited by iheartphilly; Aug 21, 2019 at 2:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12667  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 2:11 AM
Londonee Londonee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fitler Square (via London)
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
I have some bad news for you...
Fantastic!

What is it?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12668  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 2:49 AM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^
I wish it wasn't enveloped in glass. Looks out of place on the Parkway with all the stately museum buildings. Real stone veneer would of been a better choice and the design is unremarkable. You could pick this bldg up and put it in the Science Center/University City developments because there's so much resemblence to what has or is currently there. Minus the balconies and you got a box office bldg. Blah.
Happy to see the development. But this looks like a 1990s/early 2000s suburban office building. Barf.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12669  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 1:26 PM
Redddog Redddog is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Fantastic!

What is it?
He was referring to your comment that in order to avoid certain Negadelphian reaction to the execution of the FDP opening, they would have to nail it.

The bad news is, they do not appear to be in a position to "nail it."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12670  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 2:15 PM
Vince_ Vince_ is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
Website is up -- not sure if that was mentioned here yet. But I saw on IG that Bock Development is advertising this building in local publications--game on.

“2100 Hamilton is a ‘beachfront’ building. The ‘ocean’ is the beautiful Benjamin Franklin Parkway. It’s unique.” -Cecil Baker

"29 LUXURY CONDOMINIUM RESIDENCES FROM $2.1 MILLION"


https://2100hamilton.com/

Will this be totally blocking the city branch tunnel? Last I heard they were putting a park portion cap over the tunnel. It's such a no brainer to use that tunnel for mass transit.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12671  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 3:46 PM
UndifferentiatEd UndifferentiatEd is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_ View Post
Will this be totally blocking the city branch tunnel? Last I heard they were putting a park portion cap over the tunnel. It's such a no brainer to use that tunnel for mass transit.
The tunnel connects nothing with nothing, that's the problem, it was never designed for transit in the first place, it was freight only servicing the Callowhill industrial strip.

The best solution would be a tie-in with the BSL which is cost prohibitive, or to come to grade at Broad Street which isn't ideal. Street running downtown would be slow and expensive to lay track and hang wire. The other option is BRT which is about the only feasible usage for the tunnel. The problem is, again it doesn't go anywhere. It terminates at Callowhill and Broad St, so you still need to route on city streets downtown, turning it into a regular, slow bus with just a short stretch in the tunnel. It's really not worth the investment to convert the tunnel for what would essentially be a mile or two of BRT parallel to the parkway.

If money was no object, I'd love a heavy-rail spur of the BSL, but that's never going to happen, ever. I mean, the city will become depopulated by some kind of cataclysm and the human race will die out and Philly will never expand its mass transit infrastructure. What was built out in the last century is all we're ever getting.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12672  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 5:15 PM
Londonee Londonee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fitler Square (via London)
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
He was referring to your comment that in order to avoid certain Negadelphian reaction to the execution of the FDP opening, they would have to nail it.

The bad news is, they do not appear to be in a position to "nail it."
They still do have 28 days. We'll see. Hopefully it all comes together. Once the heat breaks on Friday I'll wander over and snap some pics.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12673  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 5:33 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,519
Development moving West! https://www.westphillylocal.com/2019...th-and-market/ This area is gaining momentum with the 41st and Market development by Maza's team, and the lot across the street with Rite Aid will eventually be developed too.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12674  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 5:50 PM
mcgrath618's Avatar
mcgrath618 mcgrath618 is online now
Exhausted Drexel Student
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: University City, Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Development moving West! https://www.westphillylocal.com/2019...th-and-market/ This area is gaining momentum with the 41st and Market development by Maza's team, and the lot across the street with Rite Aid will eventually be developed too.
Wish it were a little taller but happy nonetheless.
__________________
Philadelphia Transportation Thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=164129
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12675  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 5:52 PM
Knight Hospitaller's Avatar
Knight Hospitaller Knight Hospitaller is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Greater Philadelphia
Posts: 2,354
If the rendering is that ugly, the real thing probably is going to be a beaut. Another UC special.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12676  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 6:10 PM
jsbrook jsbrook is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bala Cynwyd
Posts: 3,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
If the rendering is that ugly, the real thing probably is going to be a beaut. Another UC special.
Agree. Happy to see development. But it is ugly. I hope some pressure can improve it...it’s by right, though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12677  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 6:21 PM
City Wide City Wide is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
Website is up -- not sure if that was mentioned here yet. But I saw on IG that Bock Development is advertising this building in local publications--game on.

“2100 Hamilton is a ‘beachfront’ building. The ‘ocean’ is the beautiful Benjamin Franklin Parkway. It’s unique.” -Cecil Baker

"29 LUXURY CONDOMINIUM RESIDENCES FROM $2.1 MILLION"


https://2100hamilton.com/

Cecil Baker and "unique" just don't go hand in hand anymore (did they ever?) For such a unique location this design is a real let down. The balconies look like they are a good size at least.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12678  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 7:22 AM
hammersklavier's Avatar
hammersklavier hammersklavier is offline
Your 2016 AAC Champs!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Polis Philou Adelfou
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_ View Post
Will this be totally blocking the city branch tunnel? Last I heard they were putting a park portion cap over the tunnel. It's such a no brainer to use that tunnel for mass transit.
IIRC there are easements tied to the City Branch so a clear path through should remain under the building.
__________________
Urban Rambles | Hidden City

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12679  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 2:11 PM
Kfmcshan Kfmcshan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 128
Sign permits pulled for 907 Market (The Gallery / Fashion District):

ERECTION OF 4 SIGNS ACCESSORY TO ASSEMBLY AND ENTERTAINMENT USE, AND MOVIE THEATER: (1) AMC 1A/1B (DOUBLE SIDED_: INTERNALLY ILLUMINATED: SIGN DIMENSIONS 7'-6" X 7'-6": SIGN AREA 11SF (SEE PLAN SHEETS 7, 10): PROJECTION: 9'-4.5": (2) AMC 3A/3B (DOUBLE SISDED) INTERNALLY ILLUMINATED ALUMINUM PANFORM WITH PUSH THROUGH ACRYLIC; SIGN DIMENSIONS 1'-8" X 3'-6"; SIGN AREA 5SF (SEE PLAN SHEETS 7, 10) PROJECTION 3'-4"; (3) ROUND1 1A/1B (DOUBLE SIDED): INTERNALLY ILLUMINATED; SIGN DIMENSIONS 1'-1.5" X 4'; SIGN AREA 5 SF (SEE PLAN SHEETS 7, 10); PROJECTION: 6'6"; (4) ROUND1 3: SIGN PRINTED ON FIBERGLASS BOWLING PIN; SIGN DIMENSIONS 2'-9" X 4'-8"; SIGN AREA 12 SF; BOWLING PIN MAN DIMENSIONS 16'-8" X 4'-8" (SEE PLAN SHEETS 6,7,11); PROJECTION: 6'. NOTE: DRAWINGS SHOW APPROVED LOCATIONS FOR NON ACCESSORY SIGNAGE FOR REFERENCE ONLY; THIS APPLICATION ONLY INCLUDES THE 4 NEW ACCESSORY SIGNS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12680  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 4:58 PM
cardeza cardeza is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfmcshan View Post
Sign permits pulled for 907 Market (The Gallery / Fashion District):

ERECTION OF 4 SIGNS ACCESSORY TO ASSEMBLY AND ENTERTAINMENT USE, AND MOVIE THEATER: (1) AMC 1A/1B (DOUBLE SIDED_: INTERNALLY ILLUMINATED: SIGN DIMENSIONS 7'-6" X 7'-6": SIGN AREA 11SF (SEE PLAN SHEETS 7, 10): PROJECTION: 9'-4.5": (2) AMC 3A/3B (DOUBLE SISDED) INTERNALLY ILLUMINATED ALUMINUM PANFORM WITH PUSH THROUGH ACRYLIC; SIGN DIMENSIONS 1'-8" X 3'-6"; SIGN AREA 5SF (SEE PLAN SHEETS 7, 10) PROJECTION 3'-4"; (3) ROUND1 1A/1B (DOUBLE SIDED): INTERNALLY ILLUMINATED; SIGN DIMENSIONS 1'-1.5" X 4'; SIGN AREA 5 SF (SEE PLAN SHEETS 7, 10); PROJECTION: 6'6"; (4) ROUND1 3: SIGN PRINTED ON FIBERGLASS BOWLING PIN; SIGN DIMENSIONS 2'-9" X 4'-8"; SIGN AREA 12 SF; BOWLING PIN MAN DIMENSIONS 16'-8" X 4'-8" (SEE PLAN SHEETS 6,7,11); PROJECTION: 6'. NOTE: DRAWINGS SHOW APPROVED LOCATIONS FOR NON ACCESSORY SIGNAGE FOR REFERENCE ONLY; THIS APPLICATION ONLY INCLUDES THE 4 NEW ACCESSORY SIGNS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
Huge sign frame is up east of the future AMC theater portion of the building. I dont think it's one of the digital signs though- dont see any wiring harnesses penetrating building at this location.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:03 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.