HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jul 19, 2008, 6:50 PM

Downtown Filming

Hey All,

I was just wondering if anyone knew what was being filmed along James and also on King earlier today. There were cars that had cardboard boxes on them, buses with foam attached, and people in bubble wrap. I asked my Super and she wasn't sure. Normally, when there are going to be road closures, we get notice, but not on this one.

If someone could help me out, that'd be great.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2008, 7:49 PM
Closed account

^^ sounds like a commercial!?

I think there's already a thread for 'Movie Shoots in Hamilton' in the Culture/Sports/Arts section... maybe this could be moved there?

Old Posted Jul 19, 2008, 8:24 PM

Not sure whats being filmed?....I seen them setting up on King today near Stelco Tower when I was driving into the Jackson Square underground parking.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2008, 10:17 PM
Closed account

It just said on the news, it was filming a car insurance commercial. Gee bubble wrap on people almost sounds kind of kinky.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2008, 2:12 AM
Hammer'd

I hope they all saved loads of money by switching to Geico.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Jul 20, 2008, 2:21 AM
Closed account

@ Matt

Old Posted Jul 20, 2008, 10:56 PM

I was in Jackson Square on Saturday going to the market. There was all kind of filming equipment and bubble rapped and padded equipment inside by Stelco Towers like the vehicles outside. I ask the security people in there what they where filming and they said they where filming a TD Canada Trust commercial. I guess we will have to wait to see if security was right or our very accurate media.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2008, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeHamilton View Post
I was in Jackson Square on Saturday going to the market. There was all kind of filming equipment and bubble rapped and padded equipment inside by Stelco Towers like the vehicles outside. I ask the security people in there what they where filming and they said they where filming a TD Canada Trust commercial. I guess we will have to wait to see if security was right or our very accurate media.
It's possible that they were filming two commercials, but the shoot announcements that went out to neighbouring retail specifically mentioned a TD Canada Trust commercial shooting at 100 King West.

... and there's supposedly filming this Thursday at Copps for a Poker Stars TV commercial.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2008, 6:11 AM
Closed account

I didn't pay much attention but the commercial by TD Canadatrust has been shown on tv recently.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton