HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
Is there any word yet on retailers going into the complex next to King George? It seems to be done from a construction standpoint but it's just...sitting there. Seems like the perfect place for a coffee chain to go into, in my opinion.
Unfortunately leasing takes time in the commercial world. Concord did say a month ago that they are working with several businesses on long-term leasing but it is still in negotiation.

My guestimate just on what typically happens in these areas is that we'll see the first place start to set up by June/July. The longer the space isn't leased out, the longer Concord eats the maintenance costs so it's in their best interest to not wait forever. When it comes to commercial buildings you typically don't see it sit empty so long because they pre-lease before building. Look at the medical buildings down the road. They could have started construction 2 years ago but they were working on leasing. 1 is still working on leasing. So when they start constructing they are finalizing the lease details and after completion places have had time to prepare to move locations.

In the case of ground-retail they usually go on the market after the fact so it can take up to a year before businesses start to move in especially given the commercial aspect of Park Place wasn't finalized until the projects mid-point.

And I agree. You're going to see at least 1 coffee shop and 1 restaurant in the commercial space.

It's too prime a location to stay empty long term. Hell if I had the cash right now I'd open a Subway or Quiznos but my money is unfortunately tied up elsewhere right now. :-(

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley