HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 8, 2006, 10:32 PM

The height is correct in that rendering. The perspective in the first one makes it look taller than it really is. There's no night rendering so we don't know what the lighting will be. It could be back-lit around the crown.

And that is a huge ass parking garage. I'm in San Francisco this week for work and photos so I won't be doing diagrams for a while. I will be posting photos from SF, though.
Diagrams | SVMetro Blog | "Urban planning, whether based in projects, plans, or process, works only when the results are feasible simultaneously in physical, functional, financial, and political ways. Having merely one or two of these feasibilities just won't work" --Alexander Garvin

Old Posted Jan 8, 2006, 11:26 PM

wow. that parking garage is enormous. that's a bit disappointing. is this the first rendering of that thing?

Old Posted Jan 9, 2006, 12:35 AM

That second rendering does make it look small. This thing is going to be 475' right? That rendering makes it look around 425 to me.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2006, 2:02 AM

The parking garage is huge! I'd take the renderings with a grain of salt, only because of the previous ones that we have seen which totally mess up city hall, mellon bank center and liberty place.

i really hope that the garage is not that large.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2006, 3:06 AM
furified freestyle

yeah but why wouldn't that rendering be right? the number of parking spaces is supposed to be equal to or more than the amount of units, which in the case of the murano is (i am too lazy to look this figure up), and we all knew there was gonna be a parking garage there anyway since the building addresses market street and 21st street. i am the furthest thing from a garage advocate, but where that garage is is fine. half of trader joe's parking lot between a disconnected and elevated JFK and market street, from which it is disconnected, 21st street and a trader joe's parking lot that won't have any access to it. in short, that garage will have very little impact on its immediate surroundings. the only thing it will do will get in the way of pictures of the murano from JFK.

good stuff, swiney.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2006, 2:54 AM

If it's 475', then it's a little dissapointing, as it doesn't break the brim of Billy Penn's hat (491'). But the most dissapointing thing about it is the parking garage next to it. Can't the developers just be more innovative and build an underground garage while using the rest of the space for maybe an entertainment center (shopping, restaurants, fitness center, etc.). I automatically gave it a 10 until the height and parking garage came into play. Now it's an 8.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2006, 3:18 AM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

All the condo towers are hovering around that number. Cost-to-benefit ratio. Can we fill 45, 50, 60 stories of condominiums?

The parking garage would probably be more attractive if it were hidden but I think the site is too dicey to dig that much under - considering there's already an apartment building on the same block.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2006, 3:27 AM
Register This

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34
If it's 475', then it's a little dissapointing, as it doesn't break the brim of Billy Penn's hat (491'). But the most dissapointing thing about it is the parking garage next to it. Can't the developers just be more innovative and build an underground garage while using the rest of the space for maybe an entertainment center (shopping, restaurants, fitness center, etc.). I automatically gave it a 10 until the height and parking garage came into play. Now it's an 8.
Considering where that parking garage is going to be, (I think someone mentioned this) it will be in a somewhat unusable/undesirable space anyway. The bank from JFK Parkway/Septa lines are right there, so unless there was going to be another monster on the block (Commerce Sqaure, ie.), filling that space with anything but a parking block is slim...since the Apartment Building with the trader joe's AND the Murano will be taking up the entire block along Market street I have less of a problem with this particular parking garage...

Old Posted Jan 12, 2006, 12:35 AM
Φιλαδέλφεια

Quote:
Originally posted by Giovni Sasso
the number of parking spaces is supposed to be equal to or more than the amount of units, which in the case of the murano is (i am too lazy to look this figure up),
Shame on you Sasso, don't be too lazy now. Swinefeld did an exceptional job on the first page here. You know that all the pertinent information is the first thing you see on the previous page!

Old Posted Jan 12, 2006, 12:45 AM

The parking garage is about the most that is possible to be built on that spot, gio is right its right next to an elevated street and grass ditches, its all good.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2006, 1:54 AM
Potentate

Yeah, this thing is definitely under construction. There is no comparison between this and the Marina View site. Anyway, I'm glad its going up but this ranks in the middle of my list of favorite condo projects. RATR is my favorite. There, I said it. Then 1441. I hope they both go up but I'd be satisfied with one. Either one will wake up that dreary stretch of Chestnut Street between Broad and 16th. I also like 10 Rittenhouse and I'm glad that's going up.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2006, 1:40 PM

I like this thing more and more every time I see it too. I saw a large add in Philly mag the other day. I think this will do wonders for the view driving in east on the Schuylkill, not that that view needs any work anyway. It is near the top of my list of favorite projects as well. Way better than anything on the Delaware waterfront IMO.

However, even though I am excited eveytime a new project breaks ground, I am afraid that it is lowering the chances of my beloved Mandeville becoming a reality.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2006, 1:55 PM
Philly Flying

I feeel the exact same way about Mandeville, that by far is my favorite condo development proposed and it would be a real shame if it does not become a reality!

Old Posted Jan 12, 2006, 2:14 PM

Me likey da building!

Old Posted Jan 14, 2006, 2:37 AM
Φιλαδέλφεια

This building will be awesome. Just think about how much the view of our beloved city will have evolved for the better once you arrive at 30th street station and look towards Center City. With the Berber building rehab, the Murano condo tower, the CC tower and Cira right next to the train station, it’s SOO much better then just a couple of years ago. Wow. Talk about evolution. It’s been a long time for Philly, I am so glad to see this happening here.

I am still pretty confident about Mandeville. I stick by my idea that Mandeville is really for the super rich, the whole tower. The average price for a condo in Mandeville will probably much higher then any other building in this city, including the Murano. To put it succinctly, Mandeville is trying to lure a different tenant then the other towers, I don’t see any adds coming out for Mandeville like “starting in the mid 400s”. It’s gonna be more like “if you have to ask…..”

Old Posted Jan 14, 2006, 2:47 AM

^^^What is the sales number for Mandeville? Can we find out how many floors are sold, if any?

Image if Mandeville, Cira Centre 2, and the Post Office towers, and those development at Powelton Rail Yard towers were all getting built!!!
...Skyline expansion

Old Posted Jan 14, 2006, 2:52 AM
Future World Dictator

In my eyes, the difference between Mandeville and the rest is that while the rest are catering for corporate executives and whatever, Mandeville is for the CEO's themselves.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2006, 11:06 PM
Posting Quick Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamphilapa
^^^What is the sales number for Mandeville? Can we find out how many floors are sold, if any?

Image if Mandeville, Cira Centre 2, and the Post Office towers, and those development at Powelton Rail Yard towers were all getting built!!!
...Skyline expansion

I'm fairly confident that they will get built. The schuykill side of things seem to have better chances than the delaware side, and much better chances than anything built inside center city (or on a square )

Actually...if ya think about it...that certain tower on that certain square appears to have the green light now. 1441 and RatR still irk me though...I'll still be shocked if either of em go up. If both go up...I'll be beyond shocked.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2006, 4:47 AM
Corporate logo

The plot deepens...

From today, January 16th, 2006.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2006, 4:50 AM
SkyscraperSunset.com

Holy shit. Thanks for the update.

Last edited by MJPhilly; Jan 17, 2006 at 5:02 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive