HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Mar 12, 2009, 8:11 PM

Here's the Pittsburg thread for anyone curious but too lazy to find it

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=100544

I don't see much of a problem emulating parts of it, looks like there is a fair amount of good progress being made.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2009, 6:29 AM

Smile Solar Industry Beginning to Emerge?

http://www.jacksonville.com/business...or_solar_group

This is a followup to my earlier post about creating green jobs here in Sacramento. We can dream all we want about Sacramento, but if we don't diversify our local economy, how can we hope that we'll ever develop the major corporate presence that makes for all of the iconic building we've seen in cities outside of our own? Even those who think oil should continue to be our primary focus for energy in this country, but are still pragmatic enough to think outside "drill, baby, drill" this might intrigue you. Green, in this sense, might mean a little more than just the renewable and planet-friendly liberal hoax described here earlier. It might just mean the green that fattens your wallet. I'm not preaching, but do not let your ideology effect an emotional response that precludes you from investing in something that may just work out. At less than a dollar a share, it's an affordable risk with a potential huge upside. If there's a demand, there's a market. Just ask OPEC.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2009, 1:54 PM
silly slackergeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone1657 View Post
http://www.jacksonville.com/business...or_solar_group

This is a followup to my earlier post about creating green jobs here in Sacramento. We can dream all we want about Sacramento, but if we don't diversify our local economy, how can we hope that we'll ever develop the major corporate presence that makes for all of the iconic building we've seen in cities outside of our own? Even those who think oil should continue to be our primary focus for energy in this country, but are still pragmatic enough to think outside "drill, baby, drill" this might intrigue you. Green, in this sense, might mean a little more than just the renewable and planet-friendly liberal hoax described here earlier. It might just mean the green that fattens your wallet. I'm not preaching, but do not let your ideology effect an emotional response that precludes you from investing in something that may just work out. At less than a dollar a share, it's an affordable risk with a potential huge upside. If there's a demand, there's a market. Just ask OPEC.
My ideology and closed mind aside... I can tell you that the city of Sacramento is very aware of the potential to position Sacramento as the West Coast's leading green technology center. It makes sense as these technologies can't yet make it on their own in the market and need significant government investment to be viable. No state invests more into these technologies than does California and these green firms will undoubtedly want to be close to the bank. As part of this effort, the City, Sac State and local property owners are working diligently to position the area around Power Inn Road as a Technology Park for these firms to locate in.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area