HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 8:30 PM
arf

^Lunacy I say. Absolute lunacy.

Congratulations. You are more persistent than I.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 1:58 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

...home again, home again, jiggety-jig.

I'm back, though probably not as much as I used to be. How is everyone? Hope all is well.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 3:21 PM
arf

Welcome back LMich.

Everyone appears to be in hiding. I think they're worried that Trump is monitoring Midwest Coffee Talk.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 7:51 PM
arf

So, how about those Reds?

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 1:39 PM
arf

Big win against the Pirates last night and they should be able to take a few from the Giants in the weekend series. Things are looking up.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 3:15 AM
E pluribus unum

Meh. I don't trust anything they do

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 4:39 AM

I can't do retail pharmacy anymore. I had a guy buy needles and then proceeded to throw up on himself as I was ringing him up. The people screaming about their Norcos and Adderall being too early. The all you guys are incompetent, yet you continue to come back every month. The 30 minutes on the phone with dipshit insurance companies. Oh and the famous I'M ON MEDICAID IT SHOULD ALL BE FREE! Three more months before I can get into the VA Detroit Hospital inpatient pharmacy. I mean I went to school for pharm tech for 2 years, I'm nationally certified, and state licensed and I'm talked down to like I work in fast food (not that anyone should talk to customer service people in a degrading manner.)

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 2:29 PM
arf

^It sounds terrible. Then again retail anywhere is pretty terrible why would I expect pharmacy to be any different.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 3:23 PM
Registered Ugly

Up until yesterday, I hadn't been to a pharmacy in years because my HMO just mails the stuff to me now. I had to go yesterday for my partner, who had eye surgery and couldn't do it herself. The experience was ungodly long, in a waiting area with gross, rude people.

Please help me understand how a 10 count of painkillers takes 45 minutes to fill. I mean that in all honesty because I'm certain there are perfectly legitimate reasons, it's just really hard to see or understand from our side of the counter! Maybe some education of customers could help solve the problem?

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 9:37 PM

Because they are filling other prescriptions that others have called in before you got there. It's always good to call this stuff in early so it's ready when you get there. Walk-ups is not a good way to do it. Sometimes they have to order the specific medication. I always call in mine at least a day or two before I need it to make sure they have it. Now, if it's something you don't know you're going to need and you need it immediately? Then obviously you can't do that.

My pharmacy experiences have generally been very good. My mom uses the same one. This isn't some local pharmacy but a chain store. My mom goes once or twice a month and they know her well enough that when they see her walk up, they go get her medicine. I live in an area with lots of homeless areas. Once in awhile you get a character or two, but people are people. You smile, say hello, and go about your business. I'm just glad to see them taking care of themselves, at least as it relates to their medication.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 9:00 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
Meh. I don't trust anything they do
First place in the Central!

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 10:10 PM
Registered Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
Because they are filling other prescriptions that others have called in before you got there. It's always good to call this stuff in early so it's ready when you get there. Walk-ups is not a good way to do it. Sometimes they have to order the specific medication. I always call in mine at least a day or two before I need it to make sure they have it. Now, if it's something you don't know you're going to need and you need it immediately? Then obviously you can't do that.

My pharmacy experiences have generally been very good. My mom uses the same one. This isn't some local pharmacy but a chain store. My mom goes once or twice a month and they know her well enough that when they see her walk up, they go get her medicine. I live in an area with lots of homeless areas. Once in awhile you get a character or two, but people are people. You smile, say hello, and go about your business. I'm just glad to see them taking care of themselves, at least as it relates to their medication.

Yep, I would call ahead if I knew, but this was not a recurring thing. Paper prescription handed out day of surgery, after the fact. And I wasn't talking about homeless people. I was talking about sick people, coughing and sneezing all over the damn place, without covering their faces. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Old Posted May 16, 2017, 3:41 PM
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
...home again, home again, jiggety-jig.

I'm back, though probably not as much as I used to be. How is everyone? Hope all is well.
Well, a big HELLO to you too! Welcome back! Personally, I only visit here a few times a year anymore. Maybe I'll stop by more often.

Old Posted May 19, 2017, 12:46 AM
Old Fart Forumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyi View Post
Well, a big HELLO to you too! Welcome back! Personally, I only visit here a few times a year anymore. Maybe I'll stop by more often.
And who exactly are you?

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Old Posted May 20, 2017, 2:53 AM

So, coming back here I was looking for someone who seems to have been missing: Hudkina. He lived in Metro Detroit - Trenton to be specific - and whenever I needed some statistics on the area or occassional updates on projects in the area, I'd always go to him. He was a fierceless defender of the state (sometimes to a fault), but he always had his facts straight.

I've never met him, but knew were were generally close in age, and new his name from photos he'd been credited on elsewhere. I figured after I left (Sep. 2014) that he'd simply changed his screenname, and checked on that but came up with nothing. So, I did a little looking and found this. Can't be 100% it's him, but I'm about 99% sure, and it'd explain why all of his posts here and Skyscrapercity (Feb. 21, 2015) and on Flickr just kind of abruptly end right before March 2015. The mention of the Google maps thing just takes it home.

If this is him, and makes me really sad and curious about whether it was something abrupt or something he just didn't talk about.

Old Posted May 20, 2017, 4:52 PM
Old Fart Forumer

^ Damn that's sad. I do wonder sometimes how many SSPers are not posting any longer due to death. Depressing to think about, but I recall several, most notably for me Randy Sandford.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 6:08 PM
Registered Ugly

That made my heart ache. Fuck cancer.

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 8:57 PM
devout Pizzatarian

damn, that's some really sad (belated) news.

i always wondered what happened to hudkina.

the man was super informed and super passionate.

it's hard to believe that it's now been over 2 years since he's been gone.

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 8:14 PM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

God, that is terrible. I also wondered what had happened to him. Such a shame.

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 11:45 PM
Registered Ugly

Does anyone think we should attempt to reach out to a family member or just leave it be? I think I would like to hear from a community who loved my son, and to which he contributed so much, but I could just be a weirdo in that regard.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest