HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Trinity Place Building [B] in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 5, 2017, 11:36 PM

FINALLY: Some information from an authoritative source about Phase 4 of the project. I am very excited about this one because it will do for Market St what nothing else except maybe NEMA has come close to doing and, in its own way, I hope will be more visually dramatic than NEMA which turned out pretty nice itself.

Quote:
April 05, 2017 Julie Littman, Bay Area, Bisnow

The next phase on 1169 Market St. is expected to start in the fall, and construction will last about three years. The 368,500 SF building will have about 500 units and will be predominantly two bedrooms with one-bedroom units and studios sprinkled throughout. There will be 58,725 SF of retail and three levels, or 150K SF, of parking. (Trinity Properties executive managing director Walter) Schmidt said the design uses a shadow plane where the taller buildings are back on Mission Street and the buildings are shorter close to Market. The first phase is 24 stories, while the second phase is 22 stories. Phase 3 is 19 stories and the last phase will be 17 stories . . . .
Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/san-francisco...medium=Browser

This is a lengthy article with a lot of information about the project, especially its interiors (which those of us who don't live there know little about) and marketing schemes. I recommend clicking through to the source.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 3:03 AM

Pedestrian - thanks for the scoop. I look forward to watching Phase IV rise!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2017, 1:35 AM

Trinity Place Plaza - 04-8-2017

I got a look at the plaza through temporary barriers at Trinity Place. Due to the gate with the metal screen I could not get a picture of the giant sculpture in the center of the plaza. Part of the giant sculpture can be seen in this picture.

At the entrance to the plaza are two sculptures which look like plaster within a glass or plastic container. I find them to be odd. The plaza is nice but does not excite me.

Building number three is now being leased to tenants.

Trinity Place by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 9, 2017, 7:37 AM

^^That's Angelo Sangiocomo's mummy in embalming fluid. Not sure who the other one is.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2017, 9:29 PM

Sanfiocomo of Trinity Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
^^That's Angelo Sangiocomo's mummy in embalming fluid. Not sure who the other one is.
Pedestrian - could be! His funeral procession drove through the job site (I have a photo of that even) with a stop to greet the construction managers. All of the workers stopped work on the building & stood on each floor watching the very strange event.

Old Posted May 19, 2017, 5:53 PM

Quote:
92-foot 'Venus,' now San Francisco's tallest statue, opens to the public
By Amy Graff, SFGATE Updated 10:38 am, Friday, May 19, 2017

. . . the one-acre Piazza Angelo with gardens and art pieces is finally open as a privately owned public space, welcoming visitors daily, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. "Venus" is "the final statement by landlord and housing developer Angelo Sangiacomo, who died in December at age 91, as reported in a previous SFGATE article.

Under the city's "1 percent for art" program run by the San Francisco Planning Department, Sangiacomo was required to donate 1 percent of Trinity Place's cost to fund public art. That amount came out to $5 million, and funds could have either been "donated to the Public Art Trust Fund, overseen by the San Francisco Arts Commission, or added to a project by its developer, as overseen by the Planning Department," as reported in SFGATE.

(Keepin' an eye on 10th floor residents)

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/T...photo-10235378

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 5:24 PM
Urban Fanactic

1177 Market at Trinity Place from last month.

Picture by me.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwils01 View Post
1177 Market at Trinity Place from last month.

Picture by me.
this is 150 Van Ness, isn't it?

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
this is 150 Van Ness, isn't it?
Yes.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 6:22 AM
Urban Fanactic

Sorry my bad I was going off the database map and thought this was the Trinity Project because the the Van Ness one is not listed on the map.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 6:45 AM

TRINITY PLACE IV - I see a lot of construction workers at the site of the future TP IV. Workers are entering & exiting the underground garage. It appears that TP IV work may have started.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
TRINITY PLACE IV - I see a lot of construction workers at the site of the future TP IV. Workers are entering & exiting the underground garage. It appears that TP IV work may have started.
These permits were issued on 9/28

http://dbiweb.sfgov.org/dbipts/defau...02448&Stepin=1

GRADING & EXCAVATION FOR NEW BUILDING BASEMENT.

http://dbiweb.sfgov.org/dbipts/defau...02450&Stepin=1

TEMPORARY SUPPORT OF EXCAVATION SYSTEM FOR NEW BLDG BASEMENT

Old Posted Oct 14, 2017, 8:22 PM

Pipe Installation - Trinity Place IV

pseudolus -THANKS for the info.!

Large pipes are being installed on the perimeter. I presume these are for taking water from the site when the excavation starts.

View from my apartment 2 blocks away. The odd color is from smoke from the Napa/Sonoma valley fires. The amount of sunlight was quite muted this week. I felt like I was on the Red Planet this week.

Trinity Place IV - San Francisco by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 7:51 PM

New Fence & Scaffold 10/19/2017

Work for Trinity IV is now appearing on the surface! Whether or not one likes what has happened architecturally at Trinity Place, it will be nice to see the corner at last finished. Hopefully the owners of the property have not changed the design further since the last architecturally rendering was presented to the public.

Lawrence Argent, the sculptor of the 92-foot “Venus” statue at San Francisco’s Trinity Place development, died Oct. 4 in Denver. He was 60. A picture of it is seen here. It is a little shorter than the Statue of Liberty in New York City's harbor. It can be seen in the courtyard during the day.

Trinity Place IV, San Francisco by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 1:23 AM

Demolition - 11-15-2017

Today a hole was punched into the underground garage of the former Trinity Plaza to make way for Trinity Place IV. [corrected Plaza to read Place - thanks viewguysf for pointing out!]

Demolition - 11/15/2017 by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

Last edited by Jerry of San Fran; Nov 18, 2017 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Correct Plaza to read Place!

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 4:00 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Today a hole was punched into the underground garage of the former Trinity Plaza to make way for Trinity Plaza IV.
That indeed was the underground garage entrance for Del Webb’s TowneHouse, later Trinity Plaza when it became an apartment building under Trinity Properties. The new development is called Trinity Place.

http://motelpostcards.blogspot.com/2...francisco.html

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 6:18 AM

Quote:
Work for Trinity IV is now appearing on the surface! Whether or not one likes what has happened architecturally at Trinity Place, it will be nice to see the corner at last finished. Hopefully the owners of the property have not changed the design further since the last architecturally rendering was presented to the public.
I can't wait to see that gap fronting Market St. filled in and I'm hopeful they do proceed to complete the project with Phase IV imminently. I have been a little worried that if they had trouble renting up the 3 existing phases they might delay it since I think they are using their cash flow for the future work.

Anybody know the current occupancy of phases 1-3?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2017, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I can't wait to see that gap fronting Market St. filled in and I'm hopeful they do proceed to complete the project with Phase IV imminently. I have been a little worried that if they had trouble renting up the 3 existing phases they might delay it since I think they are using their cash flow for the future work.

Anybody know the current occupancy of phases 1-3?
I know a couple who just moved in, the first phase is at 100%, according to the leasing agent who worked with them (it's a leasing agent, so take that with several grains of salt). Phase two is about 96% leased, according to the same leasing agent.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2017, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotetrickster View Post
I know a couple who just moved in, the first phase is at 100%, according to the leasing agent who worked with them (it's a leasing agent, so take that with several grains of salt). Phase two is about 96% leased, according to the same leasing agent.
if they're asking for $3780 for a small (they're calling it "XL") one bedroom, I imagine they're having no problems at all

https://www.33-8thapts.com/floorplan/1x1-xl/

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 12:09 AM

Lots of Broken Concrete Today 11/27/2017

A big pile of broken concrete today! A lot of work ahead for Trinity Place IV.

Tearing Down for Trinity Place 11/27/201`7 by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive