HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Jul 11, 2014, 5:36 PM

Property Management/Owner questions

I have a condo here in town that was rented for the last year and managed by a property management company. My tenant vacated at the end of June, a month after a 1 year lease, and I have yet to hear anything from my property management company about the condition of the unit.

I went to the unit yesterday (July 10th) to see it and assess the condition and the locks have been changed. The unit is indeed empty as I could see into the windows and it looks like (from the poor look I could get through the window) that it was left in good shape.

I have been trying to contact the property manager that does the rental side of things for the company but they have not been in the office for the last two days and their cell phone is going straight to voicemail with a message that they are on vacation until July 8th (which is already past).

It is nearing mid month now and I would like to get the keys and access to the unit. I am contemplating removing the unit from the market or at the very least changing property management companies as the lack of communication and follow-through at this transition period is an issue for me.

If it continues to be an issue to get the keys to this unit that I own from a non-responsive property manager what options do I have to speed things up? I can contact the main office and get a hold of the secretary and there are many property managers there that do not deal in individual units but instead deal in managing the buildings. I can talk to people associated with the company, just not the exact person in that company that deals with my unit and who likely has my keys, door fobs, and garage entry clicker.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2014, 1:13 AM
not a NIMBY

If the property manager doesn't answer you by Monday morning then you should get your own locksmith. Did you authorize anyone to change the locks?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2014, 1:36 PM
YIMBY

Ultimately you would have to refer to your contract with the property management firm to determine what your next steps can be.

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed are my own not those of any affiliated organizations.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation