HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 5:08 PM

Help us understand how people travel in Calgary by completing this survey!

*** Last week to participate. Survey ends March 1st!****

Hi there,

My name is Mark Onderwater, and I am a Master of Urban Planning student at McGill University. I am currently looking for input from Calgarians for a study on travel habits and perceptions, and to better understand the liveability of Calgary neighbourhoods. Your participation is greatly appreciated and gives you the chance to contribute to research that will be presented to the City, and win great prizes including:

iPads (2 prizes)

Calgary transit passes (2 prizes)

This short survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. To participate, please follow this link:

https://surveys.mcgill.ca/ls/survey/...test/Y/lang/en

Thank you for your participation!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 6:11 PM
Moran supreme

Started your survey and stopped because the offered answers just didn't seem applicable in our home's situation. The reasons we bought it over 20 years ago are not applicable to us now plus my work location can vary from day to day, did answer as best as possible though.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 11:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNeuralThumb View Post
*** Last week to participate. Survey ends March 1st!****

Hi there,

My name is Mark Onderwater, and I am a Master of Urban Planning student at McGill University. I am currently looking for input from Calgarians for a study on travel habits and perceptions, and to better understand the liveability of Calgary neighbourhoods. Your participation is greatly appreciated and gives you the chance to contribute to research that will be presented to the City, and win great prizes including:

iPads (2 prizes)

Calgary transit passes (2 prizes)

This short survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. To participate, please follow this link:

https://surveys.mcgill.ca/ls/survey/...test/Y/lang/en

Thank you for your participation!
I found the survey extremely limiting. As an example, some of the factors would have possible included proximity to extended family / aging parents or siblings, or maybe to place of worship, or civil society elements that one volunteers with. Lots and lots of missing pieces, so your results are not going to be all that meaningful. You could have asked for people making up their own top three items, and then ran word search algorithms for the analysis. Else, you're limiting things to only what you as a student know of the world. As for me, I cancelled out after reading page one, so your survey bias is going to be massive.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure