HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 20, 2016, 4:38 AM
Go Chiefs!

Absolutely no cohesion tonight showed by the Impact. First loss of the season.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 9:41 PM

Over 50 000 tickets sold for Team Canada Mens National Soccer versus Mexico at BC Place!! Again making its case as Canada's National soccer stadium!

Old Posted Mar 25, 2016, 5:42 AM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
Over 50 000 tickets sold for Team Canada Mens National Soccer versus Mexico at BC Place!! Again making its case as Canada's National soccer stadium!
You do realize that Canada is playing at BC Place simply because it's March in Canada, right?

BMO is the national soccer stadium.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 8:51 PM

Last night's crowd at BC Place set an all time Team Canada any sport record!! 54 798!

Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
You do realize that Canada is playing at BC Place simply because it's March in Canada, right? BMO is the national soccer stadium.
Actually no, it's because of the construction at BMO. As for being the so called National Soccer Stadium the only commitment the CSA has to BMO is one decently attended game of either the men's or women' NT. There's no minimum requirement for games any more, but there is a minimum for tickets sales per year (16,000). So one decently attended game is the only level of commitment required to be the NSS.

Being designated the NSS means about as much now as it did when it was in Edmonton. It really means the biggest stadium with a turf surface.

Despite the outcome of the game last night BC Place has proven that we don't even need to even bother with a turf surface anymore and that we can play at whatever stadium best suits us, turf or artificial turf.

In another year we'll have this as another option

Old Posted Mar 27, 2016, 6:13 AM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
Actually no, it's because of the construction at BMO. As for being the so called National Soccer Stadium the only commitment the CSA has to BMO is one decently attended game of either the men's or women' NT. There's no minimum requirement for games any more, but there is a minimum for tickets sales per year (16,000). So one decently attended game is the only level of commitment required to be the NSS.

Being designated the NSS means about as much now as it did when it was in Edmonton. It really means the biggest stadium with a turf surface.

Despite the outcome of the game last night BC Place has proven that we don't even need to even bother with a turf surface anymore and that we can play at whatever stadium best suits us, turf or artificial turf.

In another year we'll have this as another option

True, I completely forgot.
The reason why BC Place will never host the national team on a regular basis is because it does not have natural grass (whether you like or not, it's a factor).

Old Posted Apr 10, 2016, 12:42 AM
Go Chiefs!

Back to our winning ways. 9th consecutive home win! First in the East still without Drogba.

BTW-Holy hell, Vancouver has not scored a single "normal" goal since their season opener. 4 penalties in 5 games since then.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2016, 12:47 PM

I'm looking forward to TFC finally getting home games. Damn 8 game road trip to open the season won't be able to fully judge how good they are until then

Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 2:27 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

Last edited by mistercorporate; Apr 12, 2016 at 7:55 PM.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
True, I completely forgot.
The reason why BC Place will never host the national team on a regular basis is because it does not have natural grass (whether you like or not, it's a factor).
Well you may be surprised to hear then that BC Place has once again been chosen to host Team Canada's Men's Soccer's next qualifier September 6th! "Canada's Soccer Capital" is a nickname that's startin to stick.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2016, 11:16 PM
Go Chiefs!

I love the fact we went for the win on the road. Down 1 goal Impact come back and win the game with a goals from our 2 designated players (Drogba and Piatti).

Old Posted Apr 18, 2016, 4:40 AM
Go Chiefs!

Didier Drogba... the legend!

Video Link

Old Posted Apr 25, 2016, 2:21 PM

Old Posted Apr 25, 2016, 3:28 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

lol, come on man, I didn't want to gloat I was waiting for Nicko's comments but....

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 7:44 PM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
lol, come on man, I didn't want to gloat I was waiting for Nicko's comments but....

Bah, you are allowed... Toronto FC played a heck of a game.

1 pt for the Impact yesterday although it should have been 3 pts. NYC FC's goal was so offside it's laughable. But maybe we don't score that late tying goal if we didn't push for it. But anyway it was an awful call.

Back on top of the Eastern Conference for now!

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 7:57 PM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
Well you may be surprised to hear then that BC Place has once again been chosen to host Team Canada's Men's Soccer's next qualifier September 6th! "Canada's Soccer Capital" is a nickname that's startin to stick.
Laughable really. You have the option to play on grass and decide to do it on turf in an important WC qualifer? LOL bunch of amateurs. Here I thought Canada was on the right track but no, it looks like we're still the laughing stock of the World when it comes to the most popular sport on the Planet.

Also Victor Montagliani is from BC. Hmmmm. CSA needs to change its president, the country hit an all-time low 122 FIFA ranking in 2014 and it's all been downhill since 2012 (the year he became president). And now that he's showing he cannot be neutral, it's even worst than I thought.

Old Posted May 9, 2016, 4:42 AM
Go Chiefs!

Saturday was one of the craziest game in Impact's history.

Watch the highlights, it's worth it I swear (they actually couldn't show everything in the 4 minutes clip so they only showed the goals)

The commentator at one point says: "This game has lost its mind".

Video Link

Our 2 DP so far:

Ignacio Piatti: 6 goals, 2 assists (10 games)
Didier Drogba: 3 goals, 3 assists (6 games)

The best offensive duo in the league (Giovinco is the league's MVP but Altidore and Bradley are not DP worthy).

Montreal Impact has now scored 17 goals, second best in the league (behind LA Galaxy). We need to strengthen the D. Ciman and Cabrera have not been there usual selves.

Old Posted May 9, 2016, 4:57 AM
The Fruit of Discipline

Quote:
Saturday was one of the craziest game in Impact's history.

Watch the highlights, it's worth it I swear (they actually couldn't show everything in the 4 minutes clip so they only showed the goals)

The commentator at one point says: "This game has lost its mind".

Our 2 DP so far:

Ignacio Piatti: 6 goals, 2 assists (10 games)
Didier Drogba: 3 goals, 3 assists (6 games)

The best offensive duo in the league (Giovinco is the league's MVP but Altidore and Bradley are not DP worthy).

Montreal Impact has now scored 17 goals, second best in the league (behind LA Galaxy). We need to strengthen the D. Ciman and Cabrera have not been there usual selves.
I agree that game was crazy, I tuned in just to see the drama. That being said, saying Altidore and Bradley are not DP worthy shows a lack of footy knowledge. Bradley has become the best Defensive Midfielder in the league. His tackles, interceptions, etc. are off the charts compared to other DM's in this league. Likewise, Jozy is a bull of a target man, scoring goals is not the only hallmark of a forward. Being dangerous and manhandling defenders like ragdolls keeps attention off Giovinco so he can do his thing.

Old Posted May 9, 2016, 5:15 AM

Quote:
Laughable really. You have the option to play on grass and decide to do it on turf in an important WC qualifer? LOL bunch of amateurs. Here I thought Canada was on the right track but no, it looks like we're still the laughing stock of the World when it comes to the most popular sport on the Planet.

Also Victor Montagliani is from BC. Hmmmm. CSA needs to change its president, the country hit an all-time low 122 FIFA ranking in 2014 and it's all been downhill since 2012 (the year he became president). And now that he's showing he cannot be neutral, it's even worst than I thought.
Clueless post, absolutely clueless, stick to posting about kids playing tennis.

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 3:49 PM
ハルウララ

Edmonton FC and Ottawa FC play the first leg of the Canadian Championship qualification round tonight. I'll definitely be at Lansdowne for the return leg.

Ottawa FC managed 7k+ for their home opener and a second crowd of over 4K in their second game of the season.

Canadian team averages for 2016 (As of May 11th, 2016. League play only)

Toronto FC (1 Match) 30,025 (30,025 total)
Montreal Impact (4 Matches) 22,800 (91,200 total)
Vancouver Whitecaps (6 Matches) 22,392 (134,354 total)
Ottawa FC (2 Matches) 5,670 (11,340 total)
Edmonton FC (2 Matches) 2,116 (4,231 total)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada