HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 4:32 PM

Mohawk College Fennell Campus Student Residence | ?m | 6 & 6 fl | Proposed

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 5:25 PM

Awful, looks like it came straight out of the 70s era

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Awful, looks like it came straight out of the 70s era
Should blend in with the rest of the campus pretty nicely then ahahaha :p

Last edited by davidcappi; Apr 21, 2017 at 8:17 PM.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 4:51 PM
Hamilton Historian

gross. I went to mohawk college for 6 years.. the I wing was one of the coolest modern buildings I ever saw - nice angles lots of light - then they got lazy after and just started making modern boxy crap..

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronamut View Post
gross. I went to mohawk college for 6 years.. the I wing was one of the coolest modern buildings I ever saw - nice angles lots of light - then they got lazy after and just started making modern boxy crap..
This building looks pretty modern to me. It should look great when completed.

How can you say this is gross? You praise the I-Wing for its angles and light but you don't compliment the angles and glass of this building? You lose credibility with posts like this.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 8:10 PM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnor View Post
This building looks pretty modern to me. It should look great when completed.

How can you say this is gross? You praise the I-Wing for its angles and light but you don't compliment the angles and glass of this building? You lose credibility with posts like this.
those buildings are SLIGHTLY less rectangular - the i wing had a circular atrium, 2 story angles at like a 30 degree angle, on 1 side of the building, and flat on the other and an entrance that shot up like a crystalline spire - there is no comparison - thus I can very much say it is gross. The last addition they made was the same after the i-wing, just a rectangular box-sure the green wall inside was cool but it was still boring inside - in addition the i-wing took advantage of light to the point that no matter where you walked in the building the feeling was airy and open and bright.

I will not compliment a building with a 5 degree angle bend and different coloured glass panels. That's just lazy. This building just screams lazy architectural design.. and there is just so much of it around.. and I might not have such a personal feeling toward this if a) I wasn't an architecture graduate b) I didn't actually DESIGN an addition for mohawk college and c) If the i wing with its awesome look didn't exist. Hell even the EXISTING residence facility has more architectural diversity and angles!

I don't tear you down with my posts -I'd appreciate it if you respect my opinion on the project, as that's all it is, is an opinion. I graduated from architectural technology at mohawk - our final year project was to actually DESIGN an addition to mohawk college- from the layout to the hvac to the plumbing to the electricity. Thus I am pretty intimate with how an addition goes about.

Last edited by Chronamut; Apr 29, 2017 at 8:28 PM.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 11:25 PM

I think this building is a step in the right direction for the college. I am excited to see how the campus feels when this and the new Eng wing are completed.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 1:16 AM

^Is there a master plan for Mohawk available to the public?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton