HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 5:31 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Unwanted sex is unwanted sex period. I'm sorry that you have to endure that reaction but I'm not surprised either. Hopefully things will change for everyone.

As you've been so upfront I may as well also. I've been in recovery/treatment centre for the last 18 months and just finished a first stage group called 'Men Seeking Safety'. It happened when I was 35 years old and the perpetrator was a man. I'd blocked it out completely till about 2 years ago. I've been diagnosed with PTSD but slowly coming out of it.

I'm surprised that I've divulged this information but men need to start talking about it. If we do, others might feel they can too.
Thank you for sharing. I was 4 and only remembered my abuse a year and a half ago. I have also spoken to others who were sexually assaulted or raped in college and only remembered it years later after suicide attempts. The mind’s way of handling horror is to forget it or dissociate. I remember flying out of my body when it happened to me and almost seeing it from above.

It’s the most insane thing to experience and the closest anyone who hasn’t been sexually abused or raped or been to war can come to experiencing it would be like having a panic attack. Except after it subsides it gets ingrained in you for the rest of your life. You carry the terror and shame with you in your muscle memory and in the back of your mind 24/7. To the point that you don’t even realize how abnormal you are. Feeling unsafe, anxious and depressed becomes your normal. Like I mentioned in the Justin Trudeau thread after some forumers were questioning the term “survivor”, it steals your life from you. We are survivors because we had everything -love, calm, security, confidence, sexuality, self determination, the ability to connect with others, self worth - stolen from us and yet we survived it. Many don’t. They end up stuck in prison, living on the streets, working as prostitutes, or finally killing themselves. The emotional destruction of sexual abuse is unlike anything else except maybe for war.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 6:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
For the life of me I still can’t see what all the anti BLM critics keep complaining about. So some nazis got punched... big fucking deal. Since Trump’s been elected they’ve been wriggling and crawling out from under their rocks and they need to be reminded that their world view is not acceptable and they should be afraid to share it. I’m sorry but all the people claiming that antifa and BLM are no better than the skinheads need to give their heads a shake. Being a black man in the US means possibly forfeiting your life in a routine traffic stop. That’s just not acceptible.
With all due respect, there seems to be a misunderstanding of just how horrifying groups like Antifa are. I'm going to assume you haven't read much about them.

And let's stay away from skinheads and Nazis. There's little to no coherent fascist movement in the States or Canada right now. That said, we always need to keep an eye on such things and, yes, Trump was silly to not properly address what happened in Charlottesville. However, in the grand scheme of things, fascism is not a pressing issue.

Antifa, however, would like everyone to think Nazis are lurking around every corner. They label just about anyone who opposes them a fascist thus justifying their violence (even liberals and Jews are not immune from this label). They're anti-state. Anti-capitalist. Anti-free speech. In other words, they're bad (understatement of the century).

There are plenty of issues in the West (the greatest civilisation ever, by the way) but they're best dealt with by people who have good intentions rather than by those who simply want to burn it all down.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 11:49 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Thank you for sharing. I was 4 and only remembered my abuse a year and a half ago. I have also spoken to others who were sexually assaulted or raped in college and only remembered it years later after suicide attempts. The mind’s way of handling horror is to forget it or dissociate. I remember flying out of my body when it happened to me and almost seeing it from above.

It’s the most insane thing to experience and the closest anyone who hasn’t been sexually abused or raped or been to war can come to experiencing it would be like having a panic attack. Except after it subsides it gets ingrained in you for the rest of your life. You carry the terror and shame with you in your muscle memory and in the back of your mind 24/7. To the point that you don’t even realize how abnormal you are. Feeling unsafe, anxious and depressed becomes your normal. Like I mentioned in the Justin Trudeau thread after some forumers were questioning the term “survivor”, it steals your life from you. We are survivors because we had everything -love, calm, security, confidence, sexuality, self determination, the ability to connect with others, self worth - stolen from us and yet we survived it. Many don’t. They end up stuck in prison, living on the streets, working as prostitutes, or finally killing themselves. The emotional destruction of sexual abuse is unlike anything else except maybe for war.
Yes, it's a very common theme with victims. It's the 'flight' response ingrained in all of us. When it's happened in the past the 'fight' or 'freeze' responses are no longer available to us so we flee. One can't flee from one's thoughts like one can flee from an attacker so we remove ourselves mentally from where we are.

It's a very bizarre state to be in. I'd mentally blank out when it was first brought up in therapy. I knew I was in a room with someone but not much else. It would take a few minutes before I could say anything. A guy in my group meeting would put blue contacts in and literally become this other person; sort of like a split personality.

We've all been robbed of time, usually many years, when we struggled but didn't know what was wrong. It's time one can't get back and one often has to start all over again. Some don't recover at all so yes, 'survive' is the right word.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 1:25 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
For the life of me I still can’t see what all the anti BLM critics keep complaining about. So some nazis got punched... big fucking deal. Since Trump’s been elected they’ve been wriggling and crawling out from under their rocks and they need to be reminded that their world view is not acceptable and they should be afraid to share it. I’m sorry but all the people claiming that antifa and BLM are no better than the skinheads need to give their heads a shake. Being a black man in the US means possibly forfeiting your life in a routine traffic stop. That’s just not acceptible.
I am not going to cry for Nazis who get punched, but cops have been randomly shot and even killed by people pumped up by BLM rhetoric.

Barack Obama had something like a 95% approval rating and support from African-Americans.

Nelson Mandela had similarly high support even if his ANC's history was not without blemishes. But he acknowledged those facts and was not dismissive about it in a "well, you know... shit happens" kind of way.

There is a reason why a third or more or African-Americans are not supportive of BLM or have serious concerns about it. And it's not because they are all sell-out Uncle Tom types, or that they've fallen prey to whitey boy's divide and conquer tactics. This divisiveness is not normal for a movement whose alleged objective (at least on the surface) is something anyone who is a remotely rational thinker should be able to agree with. Especially those who are part of the community it purports to defend.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 3:23 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

I apologize if my previous (tongue in cheek) outburst on this forum about feminists who publicly allege that men are sexual abusers for frivolous reasons like buyers remorse offended anyone. I just don't want that side narrative to derail the real progress that's being made with holding abusers of power to justice.

I have nothing but sympathy and empathy for all of you who have suffered physical or sexual abuse at the hands of others. I've known people who went through the same and it definitely impacts many people around them as well in indirect ways, especially if they've held the burden in secret. Particularly troublesome is how many of those episodes involve alcohol, many of the perpetrators may not even know how they behave under the influence, but in my book they still deserve to die.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 5:27 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Yes, it's a very common theme with victims. It's the 'flight' response ingrained in all of us. When it's happened in the past the 'fight' or 'freeze' responses are no longer available to us so we flee. One can't flee from one's thoughts like one can flee from an attacker so we remove ourselves mentally from where we are.

It's a very bizarre state to be in. I'd mentally blank out when it was first brought up in therapy. I knew I was in a room with someone but not much else. It would take a few minutes before I could say anything. A guy in my group meeting would put blue contacts in and literally become this other person; sort of like a split personality.

We've all been robbed of time, usually many years, when we struggled but didn't know what was wrong. It's time one can't get back and one often has to start all over again. Some don't recover at all so yes, 'survive' is the right word.
I had a dissociative disorder (previously known as multiple personality disorder). It’s not like in movies like Split though. It’s much more subtle. Basically there was a 4 year old version of me who would take over sometimes. There were some surreal things I experienced like looking at my wife and seeing her as a stranger or not ‘recognizing’ myself in the mirror. Part of my therapy was to reconnect with my own body. I would take a shower and touch my arm and tell myself ‘this is my arm’. It took me months. I never realized how disjointed I was before. I would accidentally hurt my wife. I had little feeling in my hands. People say “Get your head out of the clouds” thinking it’s an expression. Part of me was literally floating outside myself all the time.

I can also relate to freezing up and blanking out.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 5:29 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
I apologize if my previous (tongue in cheek) outburst on this forum about feminists who publicly allege that men are sexual abusers for frivolous reasons like buyers remorse offended anyone. I just don't want that side narrative to derail the real progress that's being made with holding abusers of power to justice.

I have nothing but sympathy and empathy for all of you who have suffered physical or sexual abuse at the hands of others. I've known people who went through the same and it definitely impacts many people around them as well in indirect ways, especially if they've held the burden in secret. Particularly troublesome is how many of those episodes involve alcohol, many of the perpetrators may not even know how they behave under the influence, but in my book they still deserve to die.
I never saw your comment but appreciate the mia culpa.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Unwanted sex is unwanted sex period. I'm sorry that you have to endure that reaction but I'm not surprised either. Hopefully things will change for everyone.

As you've been so upfront I may as well also. I've been in recovery/treatment centre for the last 18 months and just finished a first stage group called 'Men Seeking Safety'. It happened when I was 35 years old and the perpetrator was a man. I'd blocked it out completely till about 2 years ago. I've been diagnosed with PTSD but slowly coming out of it.

I'm surprised that I've divulged this information but men need to start talking about it. If we do, others might feel they can too.
Thanks for sharing your story.

It may seem like a simple thing to write a couple sentence, but I think this is the essence of the me too movement. Talking about it, bringing it out in the open, empowering the conversation and helping others follow. Driving away the shame and allowing the healing process to begin.

I have gone on and on about traditional male and female dynamics in my contributions to this thread, but it is not lost on me that the two individuals who actually suffered abuse in this thread are men who were assaulted, one by a man and one by a woman.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM5 View Post
I was reluctant to comment in this thread, but now that the heat of the discussion has died down, I will attempt to do so.

I completely agree with the sentiments that you yourself and others have shared about the differences in lived experiences of women vs. men (speaking in generalities of course). I agree that women have it harder today and have had it harder in the past BUT I also believe the difficulties of today are not the same as those of the past:

In the past, women were considered "less" than men and had fewer rights. They could not really live the life they wanted and were instead typecast as mothers and caregivers, with the added burden of taking care of all household chores (the majority of women anyway). On the flip side, men "protected" women from the attentions of other men as best they could - there were fewer opportunities for men to harass women and doing so would often end in retribution from the woman's husband or father.

The women's rights movement changed this scenario. Today women have equal legal rights to men and can therefore live a life of their choosing, unfortunately this exposes women to harassment on a more regular basis and the old societal retributions have been replaced with legal trials which necessarily place a heavy burden of proof, and describing the events in detail is a necessary part.

Moving forward, I'm not sure how things can change. The current #metoo movement will have very little impact on society unless laws are changed. Changing laws to lower the burden of proof is possible, but this is the road to tyranny and will ultimately backfire. The movement as is might be sensational but it's only men in positions of power/influence that are affected. Regular guys are not facing any more punishment than before, therefore without changing the laws, it just means that there may be a reluctance on the part of men to seek power going forward as the rewards will be limited and risks greater. This may create a power structure favoring women, which would be another different form of tyranny that will backfire.

Hate to say it, but men and women are fundamentally different in the way they think and behave. Most men tend seek casual sex more than most women. Women prefer two types of men: the alpha types for casual encounters they only talk about with their girlfriends and the beta types for long term relationships and provisioning, but overall they seek fewer partners than men. This scenario creates conflict between the sexes, which will never ever change.

I'm of the mind that progressivism is a path that has outlived it's usefulness: there's an optimum level of freedom in society whereby as many people as possible are as free to live in whatever way they choose, but I think we have started to move beyond that point in many aspects of the movement. The movement is in danger of going strongly counter to evolved human behaviors, in which case it will eventually be abandoned, but not before it catastrophically damages Western society. The backlash is two-fronted and very much under way already. The future is not friendly.
To be honest I do consider those who deny the fundamental general differences between men and women to be almost as bad as those who deny the realities of harassment for modern women.

Women in general aren't as physically powerful. They have different strengths and aptitudes. They do tend to choose family over career as a matter of preference (some are certainly pressured one way or the other). I have been involved in hiring software developers for a while, and I go out of my way to attempt to hire females, and the general trend I noticed, purely anecdotal, is that women are turned off by the long hours, the high pressure environment, the lack of work life balance, and the male dominated ecosystem. The best software developers I've ever had were female, but there are so few of them, which I believe is based partially on their general career preferences from my own experieces with hiring.

This is why I think things like income inequality are hard to measure, without taking into account the fundamental general career preferences, career choices, and commitment to extra-work activities that underlie differences between the two general sexes.

All that said, it's quite a leap to go from recognising the current environment of endemic harassment to "we need to change all the laws to adjust for evolutionary learned behaviours".

Personally I don't think any laws need to be changed. We simply need to start having an honest conversation about the current state of this environment. We need to be naming and shaming perpetrators of abuse and harrassment. We need to bring these issues out of the darkness into the light.

I will posit two theoretical worlds:

World A: A male manager enters an elevator with an attractive female subordinate who is dressed nicely. He says she looks yummy and can't wait to see what she's wearing tomorrow, because he'll be dreaming about her tonight.

World B: A male manager enters an elevator with an attractive female subordinate who is dressed nicely. There is a public conversation about abuse and harassment, and this manager, while compelled to comment, thoughtfully re-considers his comment as inappropriate and goes about his day after a simple "hello".

It seems to be, World B is a wholly better improvement compared to World A. The thing is, not only do we live in World A, we live in a version of World A where these things are so common the female subordinate in question might not even find the exchange interesting. She might not even tell her friends - not out of shame, simply out of how boring and commonplace such comments are. That's how common and persistent and ubiquitous the situation is today.

I think people who believe progressiveness has outlived it's usefulness are ignorant of the size of this experience gap between the genders. This isn't about laws, this is about society growing up and behaving with a maturity that it's laws have evolved towards. Your sentiment here is not far removed from the sentiment that after slavery was abolished, black communities have no more excuses, "progressiveness has done it's job".

No, we have a long long long way to go. The persistent and ubiquitous harassment being revealed today should be a strong signal to everybody who thinks we are done and that women's rights have won.

We need to have this conversation.

For those of you with daughters & grand daughters, we need to give them a better world to grow up in, and we need to teach them that it is possible and these behaviours are not acceptable. Naming and shaming - let's bring the conversation out of the darkness, into the light, and push forward into a better world.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 6:55 PM
Fake News

Wow this is scary:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
Woman faces death threats after alleging sexual harassment by Kent Hehr

Kristin Raworth was afraid to go home Saturday night.

The Edmonton woman came forward with sexual harassment allegations against former federal cabinet minister Kent Hehr this week.

Now she wishes she had never said a word.

Raworth was greeted with broad support when she tweeted out allegations about Hehr Wednesday night.

That has since turned to death threats on social media and email, threatening voicemails left on her work line, and 3 a.m. calls to people close to her, saying they’re going to track her down.

The final straw was Saturday, when a note was shoved under her door at home.

“Shut the f–k up,” it said, “or we’re going to come after you.”

A public servant with the Alberta government, Raworth is now under the watch of legislative security.

She has been told not to be alone.

Raworth spoke with Postmedia late Saturday afternoon. By then, she was “completely cried out.”

At first, Raworth said, she tried to brush it off. She has since gone to police.

She detailed threats that range from wishes she will be injured to those who hope she is raped or killed. Others call her a “whore.”

Raworth said her boss in the Alberta public service has been incredible in his support, but beyond that, she feels let down by the provincial and federal governments.

She said she has contacted a friend in the Prime Minister’s office Saturday morning, detailing the threats and asking someone from the party to publicly condemn the threats or do something to slow the onslaught of hatred being thrown at her.

She also asked them to reach out to her former boss Armajeet Sohi, federal infrastructure minister and Liberal MP for Edmonton-Mill Woods, but has heard nothing.

Full story at: http://calgaryherald.com/news/politi...8-f9c4ff773c3d
Her last quote in the article is the reason me-too needs to keep pushing forward

“I wish I hadn’t said anything. If this is the price, it’s just not worth it to me. Not now.”

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Wow this is scary:
This is the environment people face by talking about these things publicly. This is for something as innocuous as calling her yummy in an elevator - a wholly inappropriate comment, deserving of immediate termination, behaviour which should be stamped out for all time in civilised society, and yet the individual in question faces such an intense backlash for daring to mention it. "Scorched earth" indeed.

There is no intellectual standing which starts from a position that we have solved the problem of harassment in the modern world. There is no intellectual standing that says we can't do better. This is unacceptable.

This conversation needs to happen.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 8:30 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post
To be honest I do consider those who deny the fundamental general differences between men and women to be almost as bad as those who deny the realities of harassment for modern women.

Women in general aren't as physically powerful. They have different strengths and aptitudes. They do tend to choose family over career as a matter of preference (some are certainly pressured one way or the other). I have been involved in hiring software developers for a while, and I go out of my way to attempt to hire females, and the general trend I noticed, purely anecdotal, is that women are turned off by the long hours, the high pressure environment, the lack of work life balance, and the male dominated ecosystem. The best software developers I've ever had were female, but there are so few of them, which I believe is based partially on their general career preferences from my own experieces with hiring.

This is why I think things like income inequality are hard to measure, without taking into account the fundamental general career preferences, career choices, and commitment to extra-work activities that underlie differences between the two general sexes.

All that said, it's quite a leap to go from recognising the current environment of endemic harassment to "we need to change all the laws to adjust for evolutionary learned behaviours".

Personally I don't think any laws need to be changed. We simply need to start having an honest conversation about the current state of this environment. We need to be naming and shaming perpetrators of abuse and harrassment. We need to bring these issues out of the darkness into the light.

I will posit two theoretical worlds:

World A: A male manager enters an elevator with an attractive female subordinate who is dressed nicely. He says she looks yummy and can't wait to see what she's wearing tomorrow, because he'll be dreaming about her tonight.

World B: A male manager enters an elevator with an attractive female subordinate who is dressed nicely. There is a public conversation about abuse and harassment, and this manager, while compelled to comment, thoughtfully re-considers his comment as inappropriate and goes about his day after a simple "hello".

It seems to be, World B is a wholly better improvement compared to World A. The thing is, not only do we live in World A, we live in a version of World A where these things are so common the female subordinate in question might not even find the exchange interesting. She might not even tell her friends - not out of shame, simply out of how boring and commonplace such comments are. That's how common and persistent and ubiquitous the situation is today.

I think people who believe progressiveness has outlived it's usefulness are ignorant of the size of this experience gap between the genders. This isn't about laws, this is about society growing up and behaving with a maturity that it's laws have evolved towards. Your sentiment here is not far removed from the sentiment that after slavery was abolished, black communities have no more excuses, "progressiveness has done it's job".

No, we have a long long long way to go. The persistent and ubiquitous harassment being revealed today should be a strong signal to everybody who thinks we are done and that women's rights have won.

We need to have this conversation.

For those of you with daughters & grand daughters, we need to give them a better world to grow up in, and we need to teach them that it is possible and these behaviours are not acceptable. Naming and shaming - let's bring the conversation out of the darkness, into the light, and push forward into a better world.
First of all, I really appreciate your thoughtful response and agree with most of what you've said.

From my experience, the workplace is not as bad as you have described. I work for a contracting business, with more than sixty mostly male journeymen and a very attractive female administrative assistant. She coordinates their service calls and is constantly in contact with all of them. My office is nearby and I overhear their conversations. All but one of them treat her with a great deal of respect. The remaining one was always a bit forward but never inappropriate as far as I could tell (no lewd or suggestive language that I heard), just noticeably pouring on complements and prolonging conversations. He also hinted at meeting outside of work without formally asking her out.

His behaviour always stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the others who mostly limited their conversations to the work-related issues at hand. Just last week, he was called into a meeting with her and the owner of the company and told that a change of attitude was required. No-one was surprised. Granted, I don't know all the details since I heard second hand, and it's just an anecdote but from my experience the professional work culture you want is already in place.

I think you're experiences as described might have to do with the company you work for. I myself have worked for companies with rotten cultures and not only is it terrible, but almost impossible to change. Such a change needs to be initiated from the very top and sustained going forward for it to take effect. But how can it start if the CEO or directors have no wish to do so, or are not aware of the problem? Employees risk being fired for insubordination if they try to initiate such change and it will never work unless the top buys in. In such cases I would recommend organizing on social media and getting the word out about the company/industry, warning people of the culture and risks of working there. One of the best ways to hurt a company is by hurting their reputation, but be aware with phrasing as defamation can be an issue. Once a company recognizes the need for change, it's easy. Clear policies can be made and written down, complaint processes can be simplified and promoted while maintaining neutrality and managers' performances can be appraised based on their handling of such complaints. My advice for fostering cultural change though is to focus on changing the culture and human behaviour going forward instead of witch-hunting individuals for supposed misdeeds done sometimes decades ago as this breeds fear and resentment.

I'm just glad you're not advocating for reducing the burden of proof for criminal convictions.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 10:18 PM

JM5 - I appreciate your comments. I think we largely agree. I don't think our laws need to be changed, and I think we are close to a correct balance between burden of proof and reasonable doubt, considering the vast majority of these cases are he-said she-said and the implications of the verdict on the lives of the accused. If we aren't at a perfect balance (which we'll never get too) in terms of criminal justice, we are close, and certainly closer than people like Andrea Horwath assume.

That said, I agree in terms of company culture, this needs to be a top down movement and engagement. It's important to re-iterate that not all cases of workplace sexual harassment constitute a technical Canadian crime. People need to call out these terrible environments and companies should be punished for allowing these cultures to continue. While not perfect, I think the best way to do that is these media stories, and social media has it's role as well. There are a lot of people crying wolf about false accusations, but so far these have been theoretical, and in 99% of these cases which go public the harassment was real, and there was a pattern behind it.

As an aside regarding your current work environment, at least in my own experience, blue collar workers tend to be more respectful than white collar. There seems to be a bit of an undercurrent among white collar workers which I suspect is a culture carry over from frat party days that breeds a culture of disrespect. These people tend to be, in my experience, hard workers, driven, extremely career oriented, and as a result move up the ladder quickly, which exacerbates the underlying cultural problems. Of course this is purely anecdotal on my part, and may not be indicative of any real trend, but it is something striking that I've noticed over the years.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 10:47 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post
JM5 - I appreciate your comments. I think we largely agree. I don't think our laws need to be changed, and I think we are close to a correct balance between burden of proof and reasonable doubt, considering the vast majority of these cases are he-said she-said and the implications of the verdict on the lives of the accused. If we aren't at a perfect balance (which we'll never get too) in terms of criminal justice, we are close, and certainly closer than people like Andrea Horwath assume.

That said, I agree in terms of company culture, this needs to be a top down movement and engagement. It's important to re-iterate that not all cases of workplace sexual harassment constitute a technical Canadian crime. People need to call out these terrible environments and companies should be punished for allowing these cultures to continue. While not perfect, I think the best way to do that is these media stories, and social media has it's role as well. There are a lot of people crying wolf about false accusations, but so far these have been theoretical, and in 99% of these cases which go public the harassment was real, and there was a pattern behind it.

As an aside regarding your current work environment, at least in my own experience, blue collar workers tend to be more respectful than white collar. There seems to be a bit of an undercurrent among white collar workers which I suspect is a culture carry over from frat party days that breeds a culture of disrespect. These people tend to be, in my experience, hard workers, driven, extremely career oriented, and as a result move up the ladder quickly, which exacerbates the underlying cultural problems. Of course this is purely anecdotal on my part, and may not be indicative of any real trend, but it is something striking that I've noticed over the years.
Interesting. I would guess the opposite. Then again I’m remembering blue collar jobs like landscape construction while I was in college. I think both have instances of abuse.

Last edited by O-tacular; Jan 29, 2018 at 12:12 AM.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 12:21 AM
The Fruit of Discipline

JM5, your posts on this topic have been bang-on.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 12:39 AM

Nicole Eggert has come out and said scott baio molested her when she was 14-17 working on charles in charge, he is denying it

http://time.com/5122225/scott-baio-nicole-eggert/

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 12:43 AM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Let's try to keep the linked stories on the happenings in Canada. We have a forum where we can discuss this on a global level.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 12:45 AM

I witnessed something at a McDonalds a few weeks ago. A female manager made a comment about an employee, I caught part of it, she said something about him not going or going commando and then looked at his crotch area and sort of smiled and laughed and said something else. Given the climate today that would be unacceptable if it were a male manager saying something like that to a female employee.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 2:50 AM

Anyone who thinks that there is no sexual harassment of men by women could not be MORE WRONG. The feminists main stream media hide the truth. I have been patted on the behind by a woman at work and I know I am not alone. That alone would get man demonized and fired. Of course all sexual harassment is wrong, but this has turned into nothing but a hateful witch hunt

Male Bartenders Continually Groped By Female Customers, Forced To Change Kilts
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/ma...-change-kilts/

Barmen stop wearing kilts because ‘women kept grabbing their penises’
http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/13/barmen...nises-5293219/

Sexual offending by women is surprisingly common, claims a US study
A team of US researchers led by Lara Stemple at the UCLA School of Law has analysed data from several large federal crime victimisation surveys and they say their findings show that sexual offences by women against male and female victims are surprisingly common. They say their results are “sufficiently robust so as to compel a rethinking of long-held stereotypes about sexual victimisation and gender”.
https://digest.bps.org.uk/2017/07/11...aims-us-study/

Yes, there’s harassment and bullying, but not just from men
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ren...df17a18a9dd4ad

Finnish Men Harassed, Study Finds
Female harassment of male colleagues ranges from pressure for sexual intercourse to pinching, suggestive looks and gestures, phone calls and sexual jokes
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...ale-colleagues

77% Of Men Sexually Harassed By Female Staff
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...aff-66390.html

Most men are harassed by women at work
Four out of five men are sexually harassed by women at work - but are too afraid to complain to their employers - according to researchers
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2234...n-at-work.html

'She put her hand down my trousers for a dare': Male victims of sexual harassment take to Reddit to share shocking stories of being publicly groped by women
• One user asked men if they'd ever been harassed and how they reacted
• Hundreds of people responded to his post in just 22 hours
• Reported harassment in the workplace, in bars and even among friends
• Attacks were largely by women, with some men calling double standards
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ped-women.html

Dem Candidate Accused of Sexual Harassment Set to Drop Out of House Race
Democratic congressional candidate Andrea Ramsey is dropping out of a Kansas race after a spotlight was put on a past lawsuit involving accusations that she sexually harassed a male subordinate who rejected her advances.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...189931704.html

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 2:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
I witnessed something at a McDonalds a few weeks ago. A female manager made a comment about an employee, I caught part of it, she said something about him not going or going commando and then looked at his crotch area and sort of smiled and laughed and said something else. Given the climate today that would be unacceptable if it were a male manager saying something like that to a female employee.
Exactly. I am sure he would have been fired as soon as she ran to the media.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada