HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 15, 2012, 1:17 AM
Dare Mighty Things

It'd really suck to lose the Hawks, and the new stadium looks so beautiful. Would be outstanding to go to a game in that environment, near the whitewater park and Esther Simplot Park. I really hope donors step up... I can't, I'm already a poor college student. I wish there was something I could do.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2012, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
It'd really suck to lose the Hawks, and the new stadium looks so beautiful. Would be outstanding to go to a game in that environment, near the whitewater park and Esther Simplot Park. I really hope donors step up... I can't, I'm already a poor college student. I wish there was something I could do.
http://voices.idahostatesman.com/201...ss_isnt_made_n

According to the Statesman, the danger isn't so much in losing the Hawks but in losing the Cubs' affiliation with the Hawks. Since the owners of the Hawks are assured of a team in the league, if the Cubs pull out then another team will fill the gap. I have no emotional attachment to the Cubs and don't see how their affiliation has helped the Hawks more than any other club's would have. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe another team would come in with the understanding that they will need to put some money into building a new facility rather than leaving it up to the city. Just my 2 cents...

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 5:34 PM
All man. Half nuts.

update on bronco stadium expansion -- capacity will be increased to 37,000 for next season (i'd wager that the BYU game could come close to 40,000):

--------------------

Fans in the north and south end zones will have new permanent seating. Along with the construction of the new Bronco Football Complex in the north grass field area, Boise State is replacing its end zone seats. The new end zone configurations will increase the total number of seats in the north end zone to 3,750 and south end zone to 4,900, bringing the total capacity of Bronco Stadium to 37,000.

The south end zone construction will also connect the east and west concourses, allowing fans to access concessions and restrooms on both sides of the stadium.

Both construction projects (end zone seats and football complex) will begin in early April with the new seats ready for the upcoming football season and the football complex completed in the summer of 2013.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...#storylink=cpy

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 3:19 PM
All man. Half nuts.

update:

dona larsen park is on schedule to be completed this summer. the turf installation will begin very soon.

and construction on bronco stadium's NEZ and SEZ expansion has begun!

i predict the game vs BYU will surpass the 38,000 mark... and who knows, we may even top 40,000.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 12:05 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Per Brian Murphy, the new Bronco Football complex is breaking ground Thursday!

Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 2:57 PM
All man. Half nuts.

i have to admit, i don't understand that rendering, specifically why they have such a large window that will ultimately be looking into the bottom of the NEZ bleachers.

i presume ultimately they won't, but that rendering does suggest otherwise.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 11:47 PM

I feel lost on this Bronco Football building. I thought it looked WAY different in the other renderings.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 12:46 AM

^^The rendering says that it is the "southeast entry", so I think this is a completely different building than the huge north endzone addition.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 1:07 AM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualize View Post
^^The rendering says that it is the "southeast entry", so I think this is a completely different building than the huge north endzone addition.
it's the southeast entry into the complex.

you can see the indoor practice facility in the background, so this is definitely the new football facility behind the NEZ.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post

you can see the indoor practice facility in the background, so this is definitely the new football facility behind the NEZ.
so can't wait to see this thing built!

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 1:21 AM

Quote:

alright then yep...doesn't make sense.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 1:30 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
i have to admit, i don't understand that rendering, specifically why they have such a large window that will ultimately be looking into the bottom of the NEZ bleachers.

i presume ultimately they won't, but that rendering does suggest otherwise.
The thing that's even weirder to me is that on the side facing the field, there appears to be some kind of plaza and landscaping, which doesn't make any sense since that's where the new seats are going. But I guess it is just a conceptual rendering. I'll bet it's mostly showing the massing of the building with what the design will vaguely look like. I don't know, honestly.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 10:37 PM

I guess what I am confused about is the overall stadium expansion project.

I thought it was going to look like this

And now I am seeing this

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 11:49 PM

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 2:34 AM
Dare Mighty Things

The revised design, IMO, is better overall. It's larger in square footage, if I remember correctly. It's not as sexy on the outside, but it doesn't need to be as it's the inside that really counts. And the side that's facing the stadium will be covered up by permanent seating anyway.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
The revised design, IMO, is better overall. It's larger in square footage, if I remember correctly. It's not as sexy on the outside, but it doesn't need to be as it's the inside that really counts. And the side that's facing the stadium will be covered up by permanent seating anyway.
Ya, I definitely like your points. I was just confused about the whole thing. That and the picture, while I know it is just a rough rendering, make it look fairly close to the field. Looks like it would be a tight fit for a northern stadium expansion piece. I suppose time will tell. I'm just stoked how far this football program has come.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 7:17 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo5Boise View Post
Ya, I definitely like your points. I was just confused about the whole thing. That and the picture, while I know it is just a rough rendering, make it look fairly close to the field. Looks like it would be a tight fit for a northern stadium expansion piece. I suppose time will tell. I'm just stoked how far this football program has come.
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what the NEZ seating will look like. Personally, I'd like to see it mirror the south end zone curves rather than the more angular design featured in this rendering: http://arbiteronline.com/files/2010/...ostadium11.jpg

In my perfect Bronco Stadium, it would be a true bowl wrapped all the way around, plus a mirror-image skybox built on the other side. Sexy!!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 7:21 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Kuhn perfect, Steelheads advance to second round

April 9th, 2012

Read more: http://www.ktvb.com/sports/idaho-ste...146765665.html

Quote:
ONTARIO, Calif.-- The Idaho Steelheads left no doubt that they wanted to continue their post season run, defeating the Ontario Reign in a 5-0 rout in the deciding Game 5 of their series on Monday night.

The Steelheads came out on a mission in the first period, led by goalie Jerry Kuhn, who tallied 16 saves in the opening frame. That defense led to offense, as forward Jacob Cepis put the Steelheads on the board first with a top shelf wrist shot that beat goal tender Chris Carrozzi.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 12:16 AM

I agree on the NEZ's boxy design. Doesn't flow at all.

Good for the Steelheads. They have already surpassed my expectations. The few times I went and saw them this season they played awful.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 7:32 PM
All man. Half nuts.

from the statesman, this is a pic of the construction for the SEZ.

judging by the size of the footprint, this will be a very large addition!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West