HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 4:43 AM
The Drifter

Here are the pictures that I have of the Holiday Inn Resorts that I promised a couple days ago.

Untitled by steven.fidler80, on Flickr

IMG_1639 by steven.fidler80, on Flickr

IMG_1646 by steven.fidler80, on Flickr

Here is the return e-mail that I received after I had asked if this development was still a go since I had found an old FOX 13 news article about it from over 2 years ago.

Steven,

I received your email from the weekend. The project is moving forward quite well. It took much longer than usual to put some of the pieces in place, but now they are there and we should be able to move forward rapidly. Construction will start on the hotel and condos before the end of the year unless the weather stalls us until spring. What is your interest in the project and how can we be of assistance?

Norm

FOX 13 article:
http://fox13now.com/2012/07/26/new-r...for-bear-lake/

Plans include an 84-room full service hotel, 70 privately owned condos, 40,000 square feet of commercial space and a 5,000 square foot conference center.

Official Website for the development:
http://bearlakewatersedge.com

Herald Journal story has a little bit more information
http://news.hjnews.com/news/article_...9bb2963f4.html

“The Waters Edge Resort development is important for economic development in Garden City and the Bear Lake region,” Mecham said. “It will put a commercial face on Garden City that we haven’t had before. We have businesses there, but it’s not a pedestrian area, or a very commercial area.”

Garden City officials believe that the final plan will match the preliminary designs. Otherwise, the city would have to start from scratch, said Garden City Mayor John Spuhler.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
I originally started this thread when I was living in Cache Valley and I could update people on the few developments that happen there and Tony Anderson would chime in from time to time. Tony Anderson ended up picking up the slack once I moved away but he doesn't seem to have been on since April of this year. I really don't think there is much of anyone up in that area that is a frequent forumer that can take pictures.

I could have taken some pictures Friday when I passed it but that wasn't really on my mind at the time. I was making my way to Bear Lake for the weekend and had a pack of 4 kids and a wife in the car. I am sure my wife would have chewed me out if I even tried to take a picture while driving as she hates it when I drive and take shots of developments.

Steven, I just moved up here, and I might be able to snap a few pics around town. I am a frequent forumer, although, I usually just look. But, I could change that

Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 3:05 AM
The Drifter

I am actually waiting on finding out if my wife is accepted to USU starting this January, and if she is I will be moving back to Logan at the end of this year. I would be able to do photos from time to time but having you take some shots as well or before I get up there would be great too.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2014, 3:34 AM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Anybody up there care to take any pics of this place? That rendering looks really cool.
Orlando, I drove past there today but didn't take any photos of this development. I did notice 70% of all the retail lining the street was filled or under construction on the inside. So far there is a 5 Guys, Dunkin Donuts, Firehouse Subs and a mexican restaurant. There is also a Natural Grocers store in the space connected with Al's Sporting Goods.

Looks like my wife has been accepted into USU and we will be preparing to make the move back to Cache Valley at the end of December, so I will have plenty of opportunities to get photos of the construction on campus and around Logan at the start of next year. I will also be getting a new DLSR camera February/March and will be using that instead of my iPhone 5S or the point and shoot Samsung camera I currently own. There are a few other changes happening in my life and I am hoping they will allow more time with my family and time to get out and do other hobbies that I enjoy such and taking photos of developments and city scapes. I will be happy to fill you in on what they are once things are purchased and these things start bringing me in some $$$.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2014, 7:54 AM

Thanks, and good luck up there!

Old Posted Nov 18, 2014, 9:50 PM
The Drifter

I was in Logan this last weekend looking for a place to live and while out my wife slipped on the ice and landed on her tail bone once again. Well she decided it was time for some new boots and where did we go to find her some...... Al's Sporting Goods that is where. So of course like a good SSP former like I am I snapped a few shots of the area.

Sorry I didn't get any from inside the store as I just barely thought of that as I was typing this. Well below is what I did get and enjoy.

Here is the drive by shot I actually did earlier than the first photos I posted. Wife wasn't happy with me as she hates it when I do drive by shots. You can see the Natural Grocery store in this photo.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2014, 10:03 PM
The Drifter

Aggie Factory

As we were driving around campus trying to see anything that said for rent I came across this under construction. Agggie Factory looks to be pretty impressive of a student housing development.

Here is the Google+ page:
https://plus.google.com/+AggieFactor...ut?gl=us&hl=en
There are 13 renderings on Google+ that you can look at.

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/AggieFactory

Looks like this project is having funding issues
http://www.cachevalleydaily.com/news...7a43b2370.html

A subcontractor, who wished to remain anonymous because he was still involved in the project, said the reason construction stopped is because the project's funding ran out.

"They can’t pay their bills," he said. "They can’t pay their contractors."

He also said that the complex is a very long way from being completed and that the parking structure, which hasn't even started yet, will need to be completed before the city can issue a certificate of occupancy.

Nelson Brothers owner Patrick Nelson said that construction has ceased because the main partner in securing the loan for the complex passed away in November, but that construction should resume around the beginning of July and be completed sometime near mid-October. He said that the management will do everything they possibly can to personally customize a place to take care of the students.

“We’ve dealt with this issue before,” he said. “And what we will do, what we have already done is reach out to other locations, apartment complexes, even local hotels if we have to, to take care of our tenants until the Factory gets finished.”

Old Posted Dec 10, 2014, 8:43 PM
The Drifter

I was all over the USU campus yesterday with my wife as she was doing orientation and setting up her class schedule for the Spring Semester. There are 2 main construction projects going on campus and I just wanted to be able to come on here and say I didn't get any pictures of them.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2014, 10:05 PM

The Aggie Factory is really a large development, compared to what's typical for student housing in the area. And this is after the huge Blue Square student housing development. And there's still the 6-story development off of 10th north supposed to go up. Pretty impressed.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 2:07 AM
The Drifter

I have officially moved back to this beautiful valley. I will get out from time to time and take some pictures when and if I find the time to do so. Between me working, wife in school at USU and me trying to get an in home business going, my time is pretty full. I will definitely keep the forum informed with developments as I come across them.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 12:28 PM

I will remind you from time to time Steven, that you owe us a few pics...

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 2:47 PM
The Drifter

Construction resumes on Aggie Factory student housing complex

Construction of the student housing complex Aggie Factory is back in “full swing” since the project was left inactive after company officials had difficulty with funding late last spring.

Nelson Bros. Professional Real Estate, of Salt Lake City, has secured a $20.5 million loan from the Boston-based UC Funds to re-start construction of Aggie Factory, according to Patrick Nelson, principal/owner of Nelson Bros.

The complex, located a short distance from the Utah State University campus at 640 N. 900 East, is a private endeavor and is not funded by USU.

More of the article here:
http://news.hjnews.com/allaccess/con...8bb41ff4b.html

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I have officially moved back to this beautiful valley. I will get out from time to time and take some pictures when and if I find the time to do so. Between me working, wife in school at USU and me trying to get an in home business going, my time is pretty full. I will definitely keep the forum informed with developments as I come across them.
Do not visit Wellsville. I repeat, do not visit Wellsville. You will not come back a whole person.

If your home business ever takes off and you need to lease something up there, I know a guy.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 3:19 AM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOutOfBubbleGum View Post
Do not visit Wellsville. I repeat, do not visit Wellsville. You will not come back a whole person.

If your home business ever takes off and you need to lease something up there, I know a guy.
The most I have ever done is drive through Wellsville, though when we were looking to buy a house back in 2008 there was a house there we debated on but ended up buying the house in Newton.

I will definitely keep the offer for leasing space on the table. Though what I will be doing and if it gets big enough that I need to have more space I will need a location that will allow me to draw a bit of power. In the next couple months I will be purchasing 1-2 3D printers and will be doing some of my own work and allowing others to use my machines for a fee. I currently have enough space for 6 printers a couple computers and other things I will be getting that will allow me to recycle my own filament. If I get to the point I am running 6 or more printers I plan on looking into getting larger machines that print with metal and those will require more than a 110 outlet.

I am hoping with the USU engineering students I will be able to get some business from them.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 1:30 AM

Quote:
The most I have ever done is drive through Wellsville, though when we were looking to buy a house back in 2008 there was a house there we debated on but ended up buying the house in Newton.
You dodge a bullet there, thick as thieves they are in Wellsville.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 2:24 AM

Wow. There is a Massive development going up on Nibley Parkway

(Let me know if the images doesn't work. It's my first time putting up pictures.)

Last edited by mrawesome; Feb 7, 2015 at 4:46 AM.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 2:46 AM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrawesome View Post
Wow. There is a Massive development going up on Nibley Parkway.

(Let me know if the images doesn't work. It's my first time putting up pictures.)
The image did not show up but I right clicked the ? and selected to see it from the source. Most image hosting sites give you a forum or message board string of code to copy then just paste directly into your comment here. From what I can tell you just used the image button from the menu you get when you post. Find the string of code from imageshack for forums and just copy it then paste it directly into your previous post over top the current image.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 4:50 AM

Quote:
The image did not show up but I right clicked the ? and selected to see it from the source. Most image hosting sites give you a forum or message board string of code to copy then just paste directly into your comment here. From what I can tell you just used the image button from the menu you get when you post. Find the string of code from imageshack for forums and just copy it then paste it directly into your previous post over top the current image.
I've finally got it. Thanks for helping a rookie out.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 5:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrawesome View Post
Wow. There is a Massive development going up on Nibley Parkway

Looks like a Warehouse. Probably Zollingers Cold Storage or Swifts meats. Something along those lines. Did you take that shot from the Soccer complex?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 5:12 AM

^^^ No, I took it from Meadow View park. (in the meadow view subdivision)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West