HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowroll View Post
I saw this morning that the westbound traffic had been moved back onto the north bridge, although in a reduced capacity. I would imagine that it will be fully opened in the coming weeks with the Oct 2021 opening date quickly approaching.
Was just going to post this, as I had to stop by the outlaws to pick something up for Mrs. Crazy Ham. They are doing the top lift on both east and westbound lanes. It is a gong show, going to be real interesting when the afternoon traffic starts up and the folks in Silverado do the U turn at McKevitt. Best to take Mcleod Tr south to get home.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2021, 8:28 PM

Next few days is going to be detour city around Macleod to McKevitt, as KGL does final lift on various ramps. Best to check their website for the various closures expected in the next week.

Crazy

Old Posted Sep 19, 2021, 3:07 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Paving going gang busters on Stoney/22X including the MacLeod Tr. interchange

Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 11:08 PM

Time will tell, if they finish it by October 1st. Been fun watching 8 district guys hiding on the unopened portion between 22X and Fish Creek.

Crazy

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 1:44 PM

Noticed the Jersey turnpike barrier has been removed from the southbound lanes approaching Fish Creek and replaced with wooden barricades that thise Duke boys would crash through. They have also increased the left lane restriction further north with barrels and a lit arrow. Maybe this is an omen the opening is happening later this week.

Crazy

Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 2:56 PM
Near Generational

I'm looking forward to driving it on the weekend.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 2:07 AM

Premier Killer Kenney

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 5:58 PM
Near Generational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
Global News traffic 'copter flew over the unopened section south of Fish Creek yesterday morning and they said it looked completely finished. My guess is that they'll open everything up all at once once paving is finished at Macleod Trail (with Killer Kenney cutting the ribbon no doubt).
Hearing that it will be open on Saturday.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 6:01 PM

Yeah, I heard Saturday around 4:00pm

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
Global News traffic 'copter flew over the unopened section south of Fish Creek yesterday morning and they said it looked completely finished. My guess is that they'll open everything up all at once once paving is finished at Macleod Trail (with Killer Kenney cutting the ribbon no doubt).
Drove over it yesterday at noon, they were busy spraying grass seed. Hopefully it opens this weekend.

Crazy

Old Posted Sep 30, 2021, 6:45 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Saturday opening:

Old Posted Sep 30, 2021, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N McCity View Post

There are no more vehicles parked on the unopened section that I can see and of course all of it is painted now. I haven’t seen the 22X portion in about a week now to see what state it’s in. I noticed that they sneakily changed the speed limit on the portion of Fish Creek Blvd between the road and Everridge Dr to be signed as 50 now when it used to be signed as 60 until after Everridge which is another maddening attempt to make us drive SLOW.
I drove out to the folks' ranch Tuesday in Millarville morning, the paving was done, lines painted in the westbound, eastbound weren't. When I returned around 13h00, they had painted the weetbound, looks ready to open.

Hopefully the city opens 162nd, which has been complete for a few years, but communication between the contractor and the city has not been the greatest from what I hear, so it would not surprise me if the city is unaware of the opening date.

Crazy

Last edited by Crazy Ham; Sep 30, 2021 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Typo

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 2:44 PM
Near Generational

Just wow.... There has to be more to this story.

Quote:
Cardinal Dodginghorse made a similar protest a year earlier, when he told an assembled at the opening of a 12-kilometre section of Tsuut'ina Trail -- south of Glenmore Trail and north of Fish Creek Boulevard -- that his family had been displaced improperly, before cutting off his braid.

In their statement Tuesday, the Tsuut'ina officials refuted those claims.

"Mr. Cardinal has intimated that his voice was not heard in the debate around the transfer of Tsuut’ina lands for the South West Calgary Ring Road," it read.

"While Mr. Cardinal has family ties to our community, he is not a citizen of the Tsuut’ina Nation. Mr. Cardinal is a member of the Saddle Lake Cree Nation.
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/tsuut-ina...road-1.5629687

Old Posted Apr 23, 2022, 7:03 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

Old Posted Jul 19, 2022, 11:00 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

Last edited by craner; Jul 20, 2022 at 8:05 AM.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2022, 12:07 AM
Moran supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
Thanks.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 4:44 PM

Anyone else out there curious about the progress (or lack there of) for the South Bow River Bridge project? I drive by there daily and don't see a lot going on. They started setting girders for the Eastbound bridge back in July but it seems they have stopped. I wonder if they are dealing with supply/fabrication issues. Their planned project completion of late 2023 seems at risk but no public announcement yet.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 6:57 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowroll View Post
Anyone else out there curious about the progress (or lack there of) for the South Bow River Bridge project? I drive by there daily and don't see a lot going on. They started setting girders for the Eastbound bridge back in July but it seems they have stopped. I wonder if they are dealing with supply/fabrication issues. Their planned project completion of late 2023 seems at risk but no public announcement yet.
Yeah I've been wondering the same thing.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2023, 2:35 PM

Old Posted Apr 12, 2023, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo604 View Post
March 21, 2023
Active Construction Crossing and Haul Traffic on Highway 8
The construction crossing on Highway 8 is now active, and haul trucks should be expected between the crossing (near 101 Street S.W.) and Lott Creek Boulevard. The trucks are hauling material being excavated for the future westbound Highway 8 lanes near 101 Street S.W. to a stockpile near Lott Creek Boulevard.

Temporary Access to Slopeview Drive from 17 Avenue S.W.
In mid-April, the access to Slopeview Drive from 17 Avenue S.W. will be shifted west to accommodate work on the permanent access off the roundabout.

Highway 8 Flyover Girders
Girder installation for the 225-metre-long flyover structure at Highway 8 continues.

Source: above web page

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure