HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 19, 2010, 9:43 PM

My anti seismic systems

My name is Yiannis Lymperis I was born in Athens Greece the time of 19-7-1958. When I finished the primary school in the age of eleven years old , I started work with my father in the site of building construction in Athens of Greece, and at the same time I was studying at school in the afternoon as a machinist and learn the mechanical design. Because I didn`t like to work as a machinist when I finished this school I started studying in an other school as a supervisor of constructions works. There I was learning the architect design during in the afternoon school, and working in the morning at the same time in buildings with my father ( who was a building contractor )as a brick-layer and as a carpenter for concrete works. Then I been to the army . And there I was working as a brick-layer. When I finished the army I been to England living there for four years and working as a brick-layer ( a different way of building from the buildings of Greece), around Midlands. When I left England and return back to Greece I started to be a contractor building houses on the island of IOS in Greece. Since then I live and work on the island of IOS. In my country I am a patentee already for my first invention which with the title ‘’TIE ROD FOR STRUCTURAL PROJECTS’’. For this invention my international application number has already been registered by the International Bureau Patent Cooperation Treaty. This invention ensures protection of structures from wind (hurricane damage) and earthquake, far more than the existing building methods. I am already in the national place for registering my second invention which has the title ‘’HYDRAULIC TIE FOR CONSTRUCTION’’ which is actually expensive but more effective on soft -unstable ground compared to my first invention which is more suitable for firm ground.

video of invention http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPaNZcHBKRI

site of invention http://www.antiseismic-systems.com/i...emid=5&lang=en

Last edited by seismic; Mar 15, 2010 at 2:25 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering