HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 10, 2018, 1:59 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
Enjoying watching the both the tower's progression, and the season change in these photos... keep 'em coming!
Yeah, fall is always a great time.

lensepix

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpg20N7HfCv/

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Nov 10, 2018 at 4:52 AM.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2018, 8:00 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Nov 11, 2018 at 8:13 AM.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 3:50 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 4:29 PM

These new towers in NYC, starting with the Drake, are incredibly tall relative to their footprints. Did something change in engineering abilities or NYC building codes that caused these to recently pop up?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
These new towers in NYC, starting with the Drake, are incredibly tall relative to their footprints. Did something change in engineering abilities or NYC building codes that caused these to recently pop up?
It's recently become cheaper and more feasible to build tall, skinny towers. Still extremely expensive, but the costs/engineering make more sense now. These aren't statement buildings (like you see in Dubai or China, or even historically in the U.S. with ESB, Sears, etc.), they're actually very practical given market conditions.

Also, the demand side has reached a point where residents or companies are willing to incur the enormous costs of supertall construction. Once people are paying $6,000 a foot++ for housing, yeah, you can go very tall.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
It's recently become cheaper and more feasible to build tall, skinny towers. Still extremely expensive, but the costs/engineering make more sense now. These aren't statement buildings (like you see in Dubai or China, or even historically in the U.S. with ESB, Sears, etc.), they're actually very practical given market conditions.

Also, the demand side has reached a point where residents or companies are willing to incur the enormous costs of supertall construction. Once people are paying $6,000 a foot++ for housing, yeah, you can go very tall.
.........I'm just curious, are there any estimates for what percent of these super tall towers will actually be occupied year round (or most of the year) ?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 2:28 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk113 View Post
.........I'm just curious, are there any estimates for what percent of these super tall towers will actually be occupied year round (or most of the year) ?
That will obviously vary for towers on Billionaire's row. But towers like 45 Broad and 9 deKalb are basically just tall residential towers, not in the ultra-luxury class. (9 deKalb in fact will have affordable housing). So you have an ultra luxury tower like Steinway that has a very limited number of units, and a tower like 9 deKalb that has over 400 units, including rentals and the affordable housing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqEOAthg1ce/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqD9VkNlzQF/

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 5:28 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^^

That last shot is incredible. Look at that just chaotic mess going on. Skyscraper density is an understatement.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 11:55 AM

My question is, can central park tower domine the skyline àfter nos?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 5:22 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
^^^^^

That last shot is incredible. Look at that just chaotic mess going on. Skyscraper density is an understatement.
Yes, and the Hudson Yards isn't visible. Also, Chase and Vandy will add to the mix. I still don't want CPT to be the tallest on the Midtown skyline. Maybe Chase - another boxy building - would add something.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 6:59 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

A view from my future home.

Credit: FC

I wish...

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 7:30 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Nov 14, 2018, 3:18 AM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Nov 14, 2018 at 3:40 AM.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2018, 1:22 PM
BANNED

^ New York is Ok I guess.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 3:45 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
^ New York is Ok I guess.
One of the nicest times of the year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqLl4AdAcuk/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqLtPmIjbuL/

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 9:41 AM
Architectural Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk113 View Post
.........I'm just curious, are there any estimates for what percent of these super-tall towers will actually be occupied year round (or most of the year) ?
I've visited the sales offices of three of these beautiful new supertall buildings and the average rate of owner-occupied apartments is around 60% SO FAR.
The agents were very apprehensive in handing out such figures as they can change rapidly IF the high-end market increases significantly.
HOWEVER, during our conversation when they were more relaxed and sure I was going to purchase one of their offerings, two of the four agents I spoke to (a number of times now in the recent two months) stated some fear that not only they feel as sales agents, but the developers are currently walking on egg shells......very proud of their game changing buildings but fearful there will be a minuscule amount of people who would even THINK of spending tens of millions of dollars on these units. I predict well over 2/3 of each of the top five buildings will remain unsold for years after completion.
I believe the penthouse of Trump Tower in Chicago.....the 15,000 sq ft floor through unit is STILL on the market some seven years since it was first released to the public.
Personally, I am afraid of a SERIOUS new unit crash due to outrageously, ridiculously overpriced offerings at less than stellar finishes. All it will take are two or three buildings to plunge this segment of the market right down the toilet.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody Natario View Post
I've visited the sales offices of three of these beautiful new supertall buildings and the average rate of owner-occupied apartments is around 60% SO FAR.
The agents were very apprehensive in handing out such figures as they can change rapidly IF the high-end market increases significantly.
HOWEVER, during our conversation when they were more relaxed and sure I was going to purchase one of their offerings, two of the four agents I spoke to (a number of times now in the recent two months) stated some fear that not only they feel as sales agents, but the developers are currently walking on egg shells......very proud of their game changing buildings but fearful there will be a minuscule amount of people who would even THINK of spending tens of millions of dollars on these units. I predict well over 2/3 of each of the top five buildings will remain unsold for years after completion.
I believe the penthouse of Trump Tower in Chicago.....the 15,000 sq ft floor through unit is STILL on the market some seven years since it was first released to the public.
Personally, I am afraid of a SERIOUS new unit crash due to outrageously, ridiculously overpriced offerings at less than stellar finishes. All it will take are two or three buildings to plunge this segment of the market right down the toilet.
Yeah well you'd pretty much be incorrect on all assumptions there. First, the Chicago TT penthouse sold over 4 years ago. Not to mention that the Chicago luxury market is not even in the same ballpark as NYC.

Second, these buildings have been incredibly successful. Just look next door at Vornado's 220 CP where they released sales figures recently showing VERY strong sales. Not sure who you talked to, or if that's even true, but you got fed some BS. Not to mention these developers probably have a better handle-on the market than people discussing it in an online forum....

Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 5:48 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 7:25 AM

Beautiful skyline! Best in the world.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 9:52 AM

I noticed that central park tower surpassing bank of america tower now

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive