HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 4:14 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Question Denverites - I need help with something...

I figured a new thread would be better than clogging up the development thread. I need 15-20 places around downtown that would exemplify Denver in terms of transit, pedestrian activity, etc. All these locations must be visited in a single day. It's going to be 70 degrees on a weekend, so people will be out. Thoughts and ideas? Aaaaannnnddddd GO!

Thanks for your help in advance! (I obviously have my set of places, I just want to see if any other cool ideas pop up!)
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 11:33 AM

Are you focused on downtown or will you integrate other Denver hot spots into the mix? For example, the bike trails will be jammed and neighborhoods will be busy with activities (Tennyson will be shut down this weekend for a festival).

Don't forget Upper Larimer, Brighton Blvd, Prospect, Welton, Auroria, SantaFe, South Broadway, GT, and CapHill.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 12:19 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Downtown and surrounding districts / neighborhoods definitely work! I would prefer them to be in the mix too!
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 12:46 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Do we have 15-20 brew houses and pot dens in the core?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 2:47 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

^^ Funny...

Also, if you know of any cool events worth going to / taking photos of this coming Saturday, let me know!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
Do we have 15-20 brew houses and pot dens in the core?
We will have pot dens in the core, once the legalese has been worked out. I suspect smoking houses will evolve into something like bars in Utah used to be where you brought your own and the house provided the mixers.

Maybe rent a pipe....

Of course, there always will be a lot of cameras monitoring all those young hedonists- who knows who they will sleep with?

Damn, I am too old for that. Drank a few beers this weekend and thought about my hippie days. A lot of great times but much of the fun was because it was illegal.

Times have changed, eh?

http://www.vtpi.org/gentraf.pdf

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 8:43 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
^^ Funny...

Also, if you know of any cool events worth going to / taking photos of this coming Saturday, let me know!
Free day at the museum Saturday. Otherwise, don't think there's a whole lot, at least outdoor type things.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 9:00 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Downtown and surrounding districts / neighborhoods definitely work! I would prefer them to be in the mix too!
I would definitely put South Broadway on your list. East Colfax as well so that you show Denver's true transit, 'da bus, and pedestrian activity.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 9:49 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

16th street bridges for ped activity. CPV. And do you have anyway to mount your camera onto your bike and make a ridelapse? If so, the Cherry Creek bike trail could be fun.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 11:58 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

I don't have a gopro yet and I don't have a mount for my dSLR. But these are great ideas. South Broadway is on the list for sure, along with Colfax and Broadway, DUS, Commons / City Park, River area by REI, Highland Bridge...

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 2:52 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

Well since we managed to lose tonight, you better catch pregame outside the Pepsi Center for the Avalanche game five Saturday night.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 3:02 AM

Greyohound station?

Friday rush hour along 15th is actually pretty cool to watch now and then with the pure volume of buses, and busy X/Y stops.

Trying to think outside the box as I am sure you have the standard places covered.

Last edited by bobg; Apr 22, 2014 at 3:04 AM. Reason: Bunt beat me to the Avs info as I was making dinner after the loss

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 3:47 AM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
Well since we managed to lose tonight, you better catch pregame outside the Pepsi Center for the Avalanche game five Saturday night.
That'd be a great scene: The panic in an Avs fan's eyes upon realizing their team is down 3 games to 2. Shame it'd only be like 50 people. #bandwagon. #grandrapidsredwings.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 11:36 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

Nothing quite like bands of refugees from Michigan talking smack. If it's so great, and your love for the Red Wings is so deep, why didn't you stay? Oh that's right, the entire state is a sh**hole. The ultimate fair weather fan is the one who lives 2,000 miles away, so he never actually has to spend a dime to be devout.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 3:23 PM
cities|transit|croissants

So you're saying you stopped following the Broncos & Avs when you lived overseas?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 4:05 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
So you're saying you stopped following the Broncos & Avs when you lived overseas?

Haha. Temporary absences are different. But folks who flee a place because it sucks yet maintain a fierce loyalty sort of aggravate. Michiganders are probably in the top-5, but don't even compare to the legions of Chicago expats who rave incessantly about how great the place is (and how great its teams are), yet have no desire to live there.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 5:03 PM

Besides it's one thing to live in another state and trash talk when your team is relevant. It's quite another thing to trash talk when your team barely makes it into the playoffs in an inferior conference, and is basically Boston's tune up round.

But I guess Michiganders have the Calder Cup to look forward to...if they can force themselves to care about an AHL championship.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 6:24 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Avs fans are so cute, caring about hockey since 1996. And if we're going by birthplace, I should be more of a Preds fan.

Last edited by seventwenty; Apr 22, 2014 at 6:35 PM.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 7:44 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

And before Cirrus Bettmann fines us for being mouthy, where all do you plan on going Ryan? Easier to help with (new) spots if we know where you plan on going.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 7:53 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
Avs fans are so cute, caring about hockey since 1996. And if we're going by birthplace, I should be more of a Preds fan.
So, you're a damn Southerner? Welp, I can't associate with you anymore.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West