HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 3:29 AM
The good old days are now

I can't stand British chavs. They have got to be the world's most annoying tourists.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 4:30 AM
Great White Norf

I really enjoy Calgary, being so close to the Rockies and have great friends here so wouldn't want to move. That being said, the cities I could see myself living in, in no particular order:

Montreal
Edmonton
Ottawa (visited 4 times from ages 12-21 and have a fondness for the city)
Winnipeg (I did research and its kind of like a sister city to Buffalo but may be too cold for me)
Saskatoon (might be too cold for me/may be a tad small, but growing at a rapid rate! the estimated population is now 249,000 )

Toronto is too large for me, although I've always enjoyed myself when visiting the city. growing up close by in Niagara I took it for granted sometimes.
and Vancouver gets too much rain/doesn't get enough sunshine

people can mock Calgary for its young age and stereotypes, but it's evolving daily, and is the sunniest major city in Canada. The weather can be -20C in winter, but if the sun is shining brightly everything seems alright.

Last edited by Wigs; Feb 5, 2014 at 4:41 AM.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Yes, you're talking about lows, not daily highs. Why would nighttime lows in the winter matter, even a little bit? Daily means, and average highs are what matter, since we're awake during the day, not the night. It is an extremely warm and sunny city. They only have three months with daily means below 0, two of which are warmer than Windsor's.
Lol, you were making it out to be Vancouver by saying it almost never goes below -5C, and I just pointed out that it is not. I don't care if they are warmer than Windsor for two months, lol, I wasn't comparing the two, plus Lows do matter, that's when most people have to get out in the morning to go to work, the coldest temp is usually just after sunrise!

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLskyline View Post
I can't stand British chavs. They have got to be the world's most annoying tourists.
I'm pretty the chavs are doing a lot of traveling at all. A chav is basically an unemployed youth who has nothing better to do than cause trouble. There are so many different groups and regions of the UK that have their own stereotype, but there will be a small group in every city that are chavy. The guys who cause riots at football matches and rioted in Brixton a couple of years ago are chavs. Maybe you are thinking of people from Essex. They are your New Jersey type of people. Look up "Rylan Clark" on youtube or watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGGTX5JQufU if you want to see a typical gay Essex boy. He's very funny.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 11:33 PM

Banff, Nelson, Fernie, Revelstoke, Tofino, and maybe Whistler are all quite similar: Beautiful, charming, mountains, great restaurants, strong arts community, expensive, touristy, minimum wage jobs, no big industry so therefore high taxes, difficult/pricey to find a place to live, and theyre full of out of province snobs who put down neighbouring communities that are still 10 times cooler than the shitholes they came from.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada