HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

City College Chinatown Campus in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 22, 2008, 6:07 AM
Only Mostly Dead

SAN FRANCISCO | City College Chinatown Campus | 215 FT / 66 M | 14 FLOORS

Even though it's short, I thought I'd start a thread for this. The way things are going right now, we might not have too many projects to follow in the coming months and this one looks pretty solid.

City College of San Francisco has proposed a new campus in the Chinatown/North Beach neighborhood. This pdf document has the best renderings and illustrations of how the two buildings will be laid out, including photos of models.

This is actually two buildings: a 14-story, 215 foot tall tower at Kearny and Washington, and a 4-story building closer to Columbus and Washington. It's been contested by the Hilton Hotel across the street (which is utterly hideous) and a company called Montgomery Washington, which owns commercial offices in a nearby building. But according to this article, the path has all but been cleared and construction is due to begin next summer, with a tentative completion date in early 2011.

The Washington St. elevation:

3/4 view of same:

This gives a better idea how it fits in with the nearest towers:

This is the 4-story building:

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Last edited by peanut gallery; Oct 22, 2008 at 6:33 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive